Archived Missing A Core Lore Race

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElfArcher9191

Master Of Stealth
Reaction score
I know after the MASSIVE (no pun intended) lore update that we received like 6-8 races and a TON of lore stuff (which I am grateful for) but I feel like that we are missing a very important race. You may be asking yourself "What is it"

It's Goblins. When I think lore and medieval times one of the core races that I really don't think can be excused is Goblins. They are not some crazy race I have come up with, but they are a race we have seen before in movies, books, and some TV shows. I am not asking for the instant implication of Goblins...maybe in the near future? Time does not matter, all this thread is for is...well Goblins. As for their special abilities and such I was going to let the Admins decide if/when they are implemented. (Because if I chose them...I would choose something crazy like they get to drive mechs)

Possible Sub Races:

Mechanical Goblins (Good With Metal and Gears)

Regular Goblins (No special abilities)

Goblins from the north (Very Ignorant to the point of not talking)

Desert Goblins (Can tolerate extreme heat)

THANK YOU!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Personally, the only reason you've asked to have this implemented is for the sake of it, perhaps provide some pros and cons to the race? With the new input of races I don't think Regalia needs any more for the moment

Personally, the only reason you've asked to have this implemented is for the sake of it, perhaps provide some pros and cons to the race? With the new input of races I don't think Regalia needs any more for the moment

I clearly stated that I was VERY grateful for the new races, and that the Goblins didn't have to be implemented instantly. :)

In most medieval and/or fantasy television shows, books, and movies, they are kind of depicted as short, small Orcs. This is just a matter of opinion and I might have gone over one detail of them, but instead of adding another race, why not just add a kind of uncommon physical trait to Orcs where some of them are born with an illness in which it creates these "Goblins."

I clearly stated that I was VERY grateful for the new races, and that the Goblins didn't have to be implemented instantly. :)
In no way was I implying you weren't grateful, this is just my own personal opinion. I was just trying to give you a few ideas as to how you could explain this further, because personally, it's lacking detail to the actual concept and perhaps you could elaborate on the idea...

As I said before maybe adding some pros and and cons would help this concept? Instead of just having an empty topic with just an idea maybe suggest some sub races? By the looks of it, you seem to be leaving this open for people to interpret their opinions, but I don't think that seems to be working. I suggested before what you could do to further detail the concept and you just seemed to shut my input down by suggesting what you already stated in the main topic thread, and then proceeding to twist my words to support your own argument.

In truth we already have a goblin race. The cave elves, they act like stereotypical goblins. Also try state why goblins would be a good idea not just that the yare in every over fantasy story.

Half Cave Elf Orcs....

Weren't those rat creatures that were going to live beneath Regalia basically goblins? I really like the concept for them...

Mecharic Pravden, but they will not be playable for a while.
Billy Rage On their own, cave elves have many differences to stereotypical goblins, though nothing to do with characteristics is really mentioned here, and my view of what I see as 'stereotypical goblins' is pretty likely to be bias due to my favourite media.
Silent_ruler Cave elves cannot really provide consent. Plus Orc/[Elf/Human etc] mothers would barely ever survive childbirth.
ElfArcher9191 If you would like to make this a suggestion, consider writing out the pros and cons, or what characteristics you would like portrayed in the race.

This has been your friendly neighbourhood Fey~ <3

In most medieval and/or fantasy television shows, books, and movies, they are kind of depicted as short, small Orcs. This is just a matter of opinion and I might have gone over one detail of them, but instead of adding another race, why not just add a kind of uncommon physical trait to Orcs where some of them are born with an illness in which it creates these "Goblins."
Orc-dwarf mix :D
We'll call it a dworc...or an orf...

Mecharic Pravden, but they were unfortunately cancelled.
Billy Rage On their own, cave elves have many differences to stereotypical goblins, though nothing to do with characteristics is really mentioned here, and my view of what I see as 'stereotypical goblins' is pretty likely to be bias due to my favourite media.
@SilentRuler Cave elves cannot really provide consent. Plus Orc/[Elf/Human etc] mothers would barely ever survive childbirth.
ElfArcher9191 If you would like to make this a suggestion, consider writing out the pros and cons, or what characteristics you would like portrayed in the race.

This has been your friendly neighbourhood Fey~ <3

Thank you! (You also tagged Silent_ruler wrong (chuckle))

"Nubhosh.. tainting the genepool with lesser greenskins as goblin filth be full of dumb!"

As much as goblins are all well and good, they are basically very stunted orcs who dwell in caves or as previously stated cave elves. The ones you speak off are based very much on world of warcraft (while once again all well and good) while in aloria even dwarves with thier somewhat superior knowledge of machinery dont have advanced tech or "mechs" let alone a stanky cave dwelling imp.

Nice idea but as others said, needs a lot of rethinking and lore compliance tweaking.

No goblins. There is a reason why we chose to create the Yanar, the Vespid, and the Torpid (And others of course) Instead of creating the Centaur, the Troll, and the Werewolf. Lots of fantasy revolves around the three basic races. Dwarves, Elves, and Humans. Some games choose to go beyond that, creating the Drow Elf, the Orc, and things like that. Now massivecraft is not your average Roleplay server. We mix the old, and we add the new, for a great menu of bright and well thought races. If we add the goblin, several things could happen.
  • More work for the lore staff (Not only the lore, but dealing with adding them in and asking questions about them, etc)
  • More stereotypical players (Players rping as a Goblin whose green, has big ears, and loves gold)
  • People will use other websites to biase their characters (Like if you want to make one, but can't, you base it off lore other than massivecraft's and that creates it lore incompatible)
  • More people will submit race ideas, and the quality will lower (People will see that a race got implemented, so others will attempt it too, and create more havoc for the staff dealing with it)
  • More options for the players (I find this an issue commonly, as with all the races but a limit of two characters, its hard to decide)
Not to mention the Pravden will be a scavenging race, so goblins for a scavenger race wont work. The Lore creates a new way to roleplay, and makes massivecraft a unique server. Think about this, when you put something to print, it prints right? Well print it over and over and over using the copies to print, and slowly it changes. At the end you have no idea what you have, and it is a totally different thing. Besides, haven't you suggested like three other races?

No goblins. There is a reason why we chose to create the Yanar, the Vespid, and the Torpid (And others of course) Instead of creating the Centaur, the Troll, and the Werewolf. Lots of fantasy revolves around the three basic races. Dwarves, Elves, and Humans. Some games choose to go beyond that, creating the Drow Elf, the Orc, and things like that. Now massivecraft is not your average Roleplay server. We mix the old, and we add the new, for a great menu of bright and well thought races. If we add the goblin, several things could happen.
  • More work for the lore staff (Not only the lore, but dealing with adding them in and asking questions about them, etc)
  • More stereotypical players (Players rping as a Goblin whose green, has big ears, and loves gold)
  • People will use other websites to biase their characters (Like if you want to make one, but can't, you base it off lore other than massivecraft's and that creates it lore incompatible)
  • More people will submit race ideas, and the quality will lower (People will see that a race got implemented, so others will attempt it too, and create more havoc for the staff dealing with it)
  • More options for the players (I find this an issue commonly, as with all the races but a limit of two characters, its hard to decide)
Not to mention the Pravden will be a scavenging race, so goblins for a scavenger race wont work. The Lore creates a new way to roleplay, and makes massivecraft a unique server. Think about this, when you put something to print, it prints right? Well print it over and over and over using the copies to print, and slowly it changes. At the end you have no idea what you have, and it is a totally different thing. Besides, haven't you suggested like three other races?

I know after the MASSIVE (no pun intended) lore update that we received like 6-8 races and a TON of lore stuff (which I am grateful for) but I feel like that we are missing a very important race. You may be asking yourself "What is it"

It's Goblins. When I think lore and medieval times one of the core races that I really don't think can be excused is Goblins. They are not some crazy race I have come up with, but they are a race we have seen before in movies, books, and some TV shows. I am not asking for the instant implication of Goblins...maybe in the near future? Time does not matter, all this thread is for is...well Goblins. As for their special abilities and such I was going to let the Admins decide if/when they are implemented. (Because if I chose them...I would choose something crazy like they get to drive mechs)

Possible Sub Races:

Mechanical Goblins (Good With Metal and Gears)

Regular Goblins (No special abilities)

Goblins from the north (Very Ignorant to the point of not talking)

Desert Goblins (Can tolerate extreme heat)

THANK YOU!
K, well, this is a bad idea, so no, not even, just no.

I like massivecraft over the other RP servers because of how unique we are in all aspects of RP, PvP, Community, etc and implementing Goblins would be like many other servers who mold themselves to be like World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings, etc, while we have Yanars, Tigrans, Vepids, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.