Ministry Of Scholars

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by Markisbeest, May 30, 2018.

1. Markisbeest

Markisbeest Stealing hearts like they're wallets. At gunpoint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Ministry of Scholars, established 11th of February 306 AC, is the Regalian Empire's official directorate of scholarly and academic pursuits. Primarily it is tasked with determining what to focus Regalian research towards, as well as the actual carrying-out of research itself. After a reasonable period of occupation of the position by the lord Reinard, the position and responsibilities are now filled by the second Scholar Minister Edward Estelluanar.
    To facilitate the goals of the ministry, the second Scholar Minister aims to offer a system in which groups of scholars may form lobbies and propose their own subjects, to be considered by his Excellency based on a combination of value, insight and support.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Minister of Scholars - Edward Estelluanar - @Markisbeest
    The Minister of Scholars makes all final decisions concerning research, communicates with the State Authorities, controls the granting of Scholarly Lobbyist Rights, and maintains a cool title.

Scholarly Lobbies
    The Scholar Ministry wishes for nothing more than to grant the individuals with great ideas the room to express these great ideas.
    However, handouts and handholding produce a lack of creativity. It is therefore that we shall have a competitive environment of lobbies, each to compete with one another, and that the Spirit may guide the worthy to garner the most convincing proposal.

These lobbies interact mostly with independence from the ministry, formalising their proposals and garnering their outside support for them within society. And then they present their proposals during the bi-weekly meetings of the Ministry.

The Fifth Sacrament Research Campaign
    Lobby Members:

Meetings of the Ministry

The Scholar Ministry hosts meetings bi-weekly. These meetings will last at most for two hours, and during these meetings, the various registered lobbies each have the right to propose their own subject of research.

These meetings will not be moderated and lobbies will be given the stage in order of the date on which they sent their proposal. Should a lobby-member not be present, they will be skipped over and if time is left be allowed to speak at the end.

Proposals from previous weeks need to be resubmitted. Only the final resubmission counts as the submission date of the proposal.
    In the end, the scholar minister decides which subject shall be researched, if any of the proposals brought forth. If none satisfy, previous research will continue to be researched.

As for lobbies, some hints and tips:
    • Look to recruit people who have the same interests as you.
    • Look to gather the support of various noble families.
    • Look to gather the financial backing of these families.
    • If your research looks heretical, have a reverend show up to confirm that it isn’t.
    • Consider why your research is essential to the state or indeed the Great Way.
    • Consider if your research is viable to perform. No “what if we researched a giant rocketlauncher that would shoot agent orange.”
    • Having more people in your lobby assures you look more powerful, but it might also divide your lobby.
    • Handing in your submission really early means you have time to speak for sure. But it also means you can’t amend it later on without resubmitting it.
    • Filibustering is a legit strategy, although it will also tank my interest for your proposal and might get you suckerpunched right then and there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For Lobbies:

In-Game Username:
    Character name with Approved Application:
    Lobby Name:
    Lobby Interests:
    Lobby Members:
    @Markisbeest

For Lobbyists searching for a lobby:

In-Game Username:
    Character name with Approved Application:
    Character Interests:
    Character Race:
    IC letter for the Lobbies looking for members:
    @Markisbeest

Anything else:

IC letter:
    @Markisbeest

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    #1 Markisbeest, May 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  2. essentialess

essentialess purveyor of milfs

725889a6577f8ee06d0f1c2bf0f6c5bc028a38b0.png
    [​IMG]
    <><><><><><><><>

In-Game Username: @essentialess
    Character Name and Approved Application: Jolette Achtereiss ⊰x
    <><><><><><><><>

✘ Of Magi and scholars alike. ✘

» Consider contacting us if you are proficient in any of the following ...
    baed5da8e76ef1eb14dda8431a1e452bcc41a7da.gif Unionist Seminary
    baed5da8e76ef1eb14dda8431a1e452bcc41a7da.gif Aberrant Knowledge
    baed5da8e76ef1eb14dda8431a1e452bcc41a7da.gif Void and Exist Knowledge
    baed5da8e76ef1eb14dda8431a1e452bcc41a7da.gif Planar Knowledge
    baed5da8e76ef1eb14dda8431a1e452bcc41a7da.gif Pre-Cataclysm Knowledge
    baed5da8e76ef1eb14dda8431a1e452bcc41a7da.gif Literature
    baed5da8e76ef1eb14dda8431a1e452bcc41a7da.gif Alchemy

Lobby Members: Lyiie'leina Trae'nne (@Dardy) | Meredith Lessauer (@Suzzie) | Constanze Everhardt (@Finlaggan) | Phaden Howlester | @Milkqy

d6de3fe8c50545d32ac6d3014356d9e8523730dc.png

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Educated Educated x 1
    #2 essentialess, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  3. Markisbeest

Accepted!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. TheyCalledMeKiko

TheyCalledMeKiko Your Favourite Moustached Godling

In-Game Username: TheyCalledMeKiko
    Character name with Approved Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/bosdende-‘bos’-dei-laveirlo.66797/#post-845384
    Character Interests: Bosdende is fascinated in the interaction between the planar essences and his own religion, specifically those of Binral essence and the various Unionist Aspects, as well as dragons.
    Character Race: Qadir / Dressolini
    IC letter for the Lobbies looking for members:

Dear Minister and the various lobbies of the Ministry,

My name is Bosdende dei Laveirlo, I am a proud Unionist of Qadir and Dressolini descent with a solid base of knowledge from which you may draw upon. I have been fascinated by the intricacies of my faith, from being a student at Lancyon, and will do anything to defend it. I am a trained combatant and somewhat competent tactician. My wife, a purebred Qadir, was obsessed with her Qadir mechanisms and clockwork machinations, and I too have fallen into a passionate love affair with these machines since her passing. I am a firm believer in the Unionist association with some Dragon-kind and have explored the dragons in my own fashion, though have never crossed into the dragon worship of the other races. I humbly request an audience and possible position amongst your ranks,

Spirit guide us all,
    Bosdende dei Laveirlo

@Markisbeest

5. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Educated Educated x 1
  6. Markisbeest

Accepted!