• Regalian Roleplay Rules

1. Roleplay rules apply in this category.
    2. Posts are in-character.
    3. Posts are not anonymous.
    4. Posts and reactions made to posts are public. What your character says or does is known by all other characters. If you would like a reaction to be private, do not post it as a public response to a thread. Roleplay it out on the server!
    5. Out-of-character commentary on threads is not allowed unless it is specifically spoiled or bracketed, and/or highlights additional information for in-character responses.
    6. Meme responses are not allowed. This includes reposting the same content as the poster(s) above, or repeating catch phrases on a post.

Ministry Of Law Decree | Order And Duty

LeonIsLame

little german boy
Reaction score
Z24bz2IEBDUIxpbKuEAKbo6Un4ep0A_6USAWcu0UBC5E9Z4u2drCiW_BietyeaSnVtIypGPbeRJn98_ShIkP5BVfHhdhA7HB-8WuJa3oCQLehtxxWaMLTp78zkFWuIPiFLzSfuEL5aczPQ70nrF0Yv4PEnYFHxzWYPU6XmVrigjfYCOMEPgw67sbFg

From the desk of the Minister of Law
Dr. Jonathan Friedrich Braunschweiger

Order and Duty

ItYKVpJasIKvRg7uoXAJVWyQbtZbE3_O9f42uay3pEc8BBTo598vbPE-NYTqAOsjno4RGj3ImdWRYy_UYYvOSKFn32DUmwCHuAGByn0GYUoQ-akMMY1IHtFL1IzxniorjZcWEuBJJNb8FJci8yKtqyiKHG_64vSEs_eTjkdpgNad7DeqfwUp_ap0KQ

Not many things are as important to a functional state as strict and properly enforced law. I thus feel truly honored to have been appointed as Minister of Law. I believe firmly in the Empire and its machinations as a bastion of order, a reputation that I want to only reinforce through the rights and duties bestowed upon me by virtue of my position. I also believe that to ridicule the law and government of our great nation, is to ridicule the will of the Everwatcher and the validity of the Great Way. As Unionists, obedience to the state and hierarchy is a tenet one should never fail to keep in mind.

Duties

The rights and duties of the Minister of Law remain as follows:

• To hire and dismiss Justicars
  • To hold Inquests, where Afflicted individuals can make their case to gain legal status
  • To approve or deny inquested individuals
  • To propose new legislative measures to the Crown Regent

The rights of Justicars remain as follows:

• To hold Courtroom Trials
  • To hold Inquests, where Afflicted individuals can make their case to gain legal status
  • To deny inquested individuals
  • To recommend inquested individuals to the Minister of Law for approval

Regarding courtroom procedures

Courtroom Trials will follow the standard procedure of High Trials, with a few alterations:

• Instead of a member of the Imperial Family, a Justicar acts as Judge
  • The Panel of Peers is nonexistent, and its duties are carried out by the Justicar. The Justicar may however choose to call for a Panel nonetheless to carry out the aforementioned duties.
Additionally, the right for the Ministry of Truth will be reserved to elect one official to send to any trial, to act as a Truth Counselor.

The Truth Counselor is granted the following rights:

• To evaluate evidence or witness statements based on truthfulness, and potentially disregard them
  • To act as an advisor to the Justicar

Regarding Inquests

In accordance with the Doctrine of Peculiar Judgement, Inquests shall continue to be held in order to determine if an afflicted individual has, through contribution to the Great Way, earned legal status. If determined to not be worthy of gaining such status by the Minister of Law, they are granted seven hours time to vanish without fear of being arrested. Due to the removal of the previous Minister of Law, all reprieves acquired through Inquests are hereby declared invalid. Previously reprieved individuals are encouraged to inquire with the Minister of Law about regaining said reprieve. With the establishment of the Ministry of Truth, newly reprieved individuals are to be directed to said Ministry for evaluation.

Found below is the Crown's statement regarding which afflictions are affected in what way by the Doctrine:

The Crown Regent has identified the following distinctions: 'Vampire', 'Cahal', 'Geist', 'Undead', 'People turning into Monsters', as 'Particular entities of threat and imminent Danger to the Great Way and the Empire in being', these entities remain universally banned in Regalia (law does not apply to Boroughs such as Crookback) unless given reprieve by the Ministry of Law following an Inquest in which they can identify explicit value to the Great Way, or the Empire.

The Crown however clarifies that the following distinctions: 'Silven', 'Archon', as 'Particular entities of medium threat and imminent aggravation to the Great Way and the Empire in being', these entities are Legal with provisions. These provisions are: A. These particular entities are not to be employed by individual, business, or organization without a reprieve by the Ministry of Law, and: B. These particular entities are not entitled to property ownership or personal property rights or citizenship classification, though will be protected as domestic aliens as defined by Residency (thus banning any violence committed upon them without reason). Additionally however, this Residency qualification is rendered null and void if such a person is employed by the State Military or State Metropolitan.

Conclusion

I am convinced that all citizens can work together to ensure a better future under the watchful eye of the law. Idealism, obedience, bravery and honesty are our greatest weapons. We shall brandish them to ward off those roaming the streets of our great nation that intend to sabotage the Great Way or refuse the light of the Everwatcher to show them the truth. I look forward to a productive tenure as Minister of Law, during which I hope to make a lasting positive impact on the state's legal apparatus and the Empire as a whole.

Signed,
His Eminence
Dr. Jonathan Friedrich Braunschweiger
Minister of Law

Uj8PzdusP2Bv0Iino7KqoOIQIUFyEsx3fOow7ZGCk9UuFPankfCOOAjEx5mlWibIWiromB5EalO3z88SiUNrNvDZKT8Cc5zl3agNgBzhGI04hquFnbf3z0HFjTbJC8qG1U5iKD1Q2Ghpeq9SP8mA7103cgpVmdSG0w8mxYqW1q5tqOTgnv1JUKD1

THIS DECREE HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE MINISTRY OF TRUTH.

TL;DR
  • It's Braunschweiger time
  • Reprieves granted through inquests are revoked and have to be re-acquired
  • The Ministry of Truth has the right to control evidence during trials
  • More to come soon