Minecraft's E3 Announcement: What Does It Mean For Massive?

Discussion in 'General' started by McSqueezy, Jun 12, 2017.

1. McSqueezy

McSqueezy Drinker of Coffee

In case you didn't hear, Mojang announced some upcoming changes to Minecraft. You can catch their press release here.

In short, Minecraft is getting these features:
    - Unified experience between iOS, Android, Switch, Console etc. you can now play between all of them.
    - Server browser - Minecraft will have a database of servers to select from built right into the game. No more searching for them and pasting IPs. It's launching with just a handful of servers but promises to add more.
    - Graphics improvements.

This begs two big questions:

1. Does this pave the way to be able to play Massive from a console or smartphone?

2. Will Massive be accessible from this server list?

• Like Like x 1
    • Constructive Constructive x 1
  2. MokeDuck

MokeDuck Hail the duckfather! Premium
    1. The Glorious Kingdom of Celetil

You seem to have missed the fact that cross-compatibility stuff like with servers is NOT going to include Java edition, which is the edition massive is now. Java may get some of the graphics updates, but apparently Java edition is so unique in respect to code that it is not
    compatible. This will have essentially no effect to massive. However if it did, the fact that, IOS users for instance, don't have access to voting should not pose a problem to the economy as long as Java users still have access.

Massive could alternatively establish a separate server for mobile versions of minecraft, and this potentially could have rewards or statistics that transfer to the Java server or even a unified chat, but in the long run no changes are being forced on Massive or any other Java server.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Conflee

Conflee Me an the bois at 3 am lookin for BEANS!
    1. The Beggars

EDIT: Shit missed the message above mine. RIP kek

Im excited for cross platform, especially for the RP possibilities. You cant really PVP on a phone, thats like trying to PVP with a track pad. But you can easily walk places and then Roleplay. Especially if Massive makes a marketing push shortly after this cross-platform play comes out towards mobile players, which would be an amazing idea low-key, we might see a huge spike in players on at all times of the day.

A lot of people forget but Mobile players make up roughly 4o% of Minecraft's playerbase, with console sitting around 30% ish in most countries. So in reality, Massive is only really open to 25% or less of the playerbase in general.

This should be a huge boost for all servers, but especially Massive's RP side.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Kaezir

Kaezir Lunatic
    1. NorthWatch

Plain and simple, we gotta prepare for the influx of players.

This is good and bad. Most mobile users have probably never touched a Minecraft server. I see it being nigh impossible to PvP. And I am curious if the chat system will be too clunky to bother roleplaying and only suitable for casual conversation or commands.

Mobile users are also inclined to things such as instant gratification. Im sure the apps alone speak for this. Everything on Massive is earned and worked for, the exact opposite of how many mobile games are structured. So I doubt we will see much of anyone from mobile.

I am curious about console however as they would have to do a good amount of browsing(forums, wiki, main site) off their console or do it through the painful console browsing app.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Spoodercell

Spoodercell A member of Elizabeth Black's army of orphans,

For the rest of this post, I'm going to assume many mobile users who get their mom's phone, beg for minecraft PE, and blow things up all day in singleplayer, are probably not going to understand the extensive lore and rules of Massivecraft. We're likely going to have a repeat of early 2015 where everyone was a "Good Vampire" and everyone fights like this: *kills you no dodge no block*
    But despite that, there will still be a small percentage of mobile users who will learn what they're doing, and that's what I'm excited for.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. CptSilvyrall

CptSilvyrall Missing.
    1. /(._.(\My Old Family\(._.)/

Wait what happened in 2015?

7. Gabauchi

Gabauchi Goblin Babe (Local Hotsexy)

i dont know about yall but im ready af to play some quality minecraft roleplaying on my 5" iphone

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. RefusionGaming

RefusionGaming Regalian Pioneer
    1. *✴︎ Cadun ✴︎*

I'm actually happy for this. I can play Massivecraft in school.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. DrFong

DrFong The Knave of Rats

Sounds like we are done here in this thread. Moving on.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. aprader1

aprader1 Insert amazing title here

Rip...

11. Spoodercell

we try our best not to speak of those days

12. Conflee

1. The Beggars

I was one of the edgy weeabo vampire revolutionaries. Was a gang of us that wore masks and lived in a house next to the tavern. good (bad) times.

13. Spoodercell

I was the mage who's an expert in every type of magic known to man, who is invulnerable to every attack thrown at him.
    Seriously, he could be completely unconscious, someone would attempt to stab him in the face, and he'd roll over in his sleep to dodge.

14. RefusionGaming

RefusionGaming Regalian Pioneer
    1. *✴︎ Cadun ✴︎*

Wait. Did you live in the underground thingy? If you did I think we were in the same group.

Was it CCC or something?

15. Speedl0rd

Speedl0rd getting closer
    1. The Insani Inquisition

tf does better graphics mean? like, it's going to be in hd or look realistic?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SouthernComfort_

SouthernComfort_ Regalian Lesser Delinquent

I completely agree, what is it improving on

17. Speedl0rd

Speedl0rd getting closer
    1. The Insani Inquisition

k nvm. it'll just be in 4k and have light shafts n shit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. McSqueezy

McSqueezy Drinker of Coffee

Well I have a follow up question. It sounds like this is the direction that Mojang wants to take Minecraft. They will still support Java, but I see that coming to an end. What does that mean long term for servers like massive craft who rely heavily on the open source to inject their own plug-ins and ecosystems? What does it take to have a server under the new system?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. DrFong

DrFong The Knave of Rats

That's a big question and way above my pay grade. I just make the Daily Creeper fake newspapers. Help! @DirectionStaff

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Bearacuda

Bearacuda I am crime man

Oh snap *Blows dust off of Nintendo 64* Been waiting for this.

(Seriously)
    Ok what I'm glad about is the influence of people joining, saying 200 or lower, may join after the (update, what I'm calling it) this will bring consumer needs, recruitments and ideas to the table The influence of faction recruitment will bring a flowing spring of life into the world of war, meaning bigger wars, raids and upgrades in faction strongholds and bases. Giving out more people to harvest and work and more fighters to shed their blood for their king or emperor. Theres also the increase in consumer needs, such as skins and art work for their Massive Craft form signature. Meaning money for those who produce that, which is excellent making the economy grow. There will also be population in houses and areas making now great role-playing areas. Not to mention that those who do take Massive a bit more seriously and drive into the flesh of it to make some character applications and start going into some, houses and companies/guilds. What I'm scared about is when little Jimmy gets on his step-dad's phone to role-play his Orc-Vampire named Louie to and go and cause disruption and madness in the chat. Theres also the increase of those who don't at least browse over the lore and have no idea what a Lampar is, and then make them out to be a great little companion who's a wizard. (Which is the complete opposite, Lampar are far from using magic)
    Overtime though I believe that most people will be new to the whole massive ordeal, and cause a little hiatus for a month before getting use to the norms of the server. Coming from most of these people don't know what a role play is and have playedon Mini-game server most of their time, watching an irrelevant youtuber that does minecraft trolling montages.

21. Gabauchi

Gabauchi Goblin Babe (Local Hotsexy)

new, beautiful concept: playing a shopkeeper npc type becomes viable

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss
    1. -={The Great Kingdom of SunKiss}=-

You're making a whole lot of assumptions which probably won't happen, and even if they do, will be at least years in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. CptSilvyrall

CptSilvyrall Missing.

The thing I'm most worried about is that more of the gaming population is mobile rather than PC.

24. Bearacuda

Bearacuda I am crime man

M o b i l e M a s t e r R a c e
    Yeah kinda worried on that too, theres enough of them to take down anyone, their like the orcs in lord of the rings.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. CptSilvyrall

CptSilvyrall Missing.

Except a better comparison is they're the equivalent to the Roblox Guest population. upload_2017-6-12_19-6-3.jpeg
    Also Why is E3 on the youtube logo?

• Agree Agree x 1
    #25 CptSilvyrall, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  26. Conflee

1. The Beggars

Not by a long shot. Mobile is over 40% of the playerbase. Console is 30%. PC / Java is only roughly 20% of minecraft.

27. Ninja124r

Ninja124r brainlag
    1. -={The Great Kingdom of SunKiss}=-

naw naw naw I'm gonna start making a entire empire made out of prismirine for the upcoming empires plugin hat is coming out in a year mhm

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. Zacatero

Zacatero give a quack to wingback
    1. *✴︎ Cadun ✴︎*

In the last two years I've been here, every time there's any announcement of some sort for new features, whether it's from Mojang or from Massive, all the players go batshit crazy trying to assume what will happen and how massive will turn out afterward, and most of the time, if not all of the time, the playerbase is completely wrong.

so for once let's not assume how massive will end up and just go with the flow

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Educated Educated x 1
  29. Conflee

1. The Beggars

"Glazed Terracotta blocks will ruin the game!?!??!?!?!!111?!!?1/11!?!" kek but true. people like to overreact its meh

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. Beetletoes

Beetletoes Regalian Emperor

Honestly people's concerns about noob rp are bullshit. Have you ever tried typing with a mobile keyboard? I think most mobile players will go to the survival worlds.

31. Zacatero

1. *✴︎ Cadun ✴︎*

I honestly see mobile players just exploring. Whether it be regalia or the survival worlds or even a faction I think that would be a lot of fun from a tablet

32. Spoodercell

*kills you no dodge*

33. BenRekt

BenRekt Chopper Gunner

100% correct

34. Suzzie

Suzzie [loading......]

Source? I don't see that being true. Not to mention your numbers only add up to 90%.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  35. Conflee

1. The Beggars

https://mojang.com/2016/06/weve-sold-minecraft-many-many-times-look/
    its done by region hence my percentages being rough. I didnt feel like doing math to get the averages just for a rando forums post lol.

Also slightly outdated since its from 2016 but eh

36. Jackmo_Jones

Jackmo_Jones He's the Ripper, Jack the Ripper.

Yeah like how we all said 1.9 would be the final nail in Massives PvP coffin... oh wait that one actually happened. xD

37. MrScafuto

MrScafuto MassiveCraft's token ethnic

oh wait we never implemented 1.9 PvP so????

• Agree Agree x 2
  38. Jackmo_Jones

Yeah we did. It was quickly modified though to a hybrid form 0f 1.8 and 1.9 which still really sucks and took them a year to balance if you could even call it balanced now. Anyway the damage is done and Factions is a ghost town.

39. Zacatero

1. *✴︎ Cadun ✴︎*

Thats correct you did say that, and even tho Massive never switched to 1.9+ PVP, you gave up on Massive except to try to prove some point by randomly showing up to add to hysteria threads once every few months because you think it will change back to whatever it was before even tho if it did you wouldnt come back anyway. Save us from having to reply to your pieces because frankly your input as somebody who wouldnt return to Massive regardless of any changes that happen is not only not relevant, it couldnt possibly be wanted less. So please, since its clear you dont care about Massive, just leave those who do to discuss this.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Jackmo_Jones

Discuss what? Something that's not even happening to Massive as was pointed out by the third or fourth post?