Archived Mentioned - Alert When Your Name Is Used!

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Conflee

Me an the bois at 3 am lookin for BEANS!
Reaction score
Website
conflee.tumblr.com
Hello, ill keep this short.

In combat rp, or any rp in a crowded, spammy environment, it is very easy to lose track of emotes. You will get stabbed for instance, and not see it, and act like it didn't happen because you don't know it did. Then everyone has to stop and do an OOC talk to sort the mess out, and it makes combat rp a pain that nobody really wants to be in.

Well, while talking with a few people, we came up with a solution that helps!

Whenever a full word of a person's name is said, ie

Crown City Weaver: Swings his fist upwards, aiming for Conf's chin.+
Person1: duawijmwkflf,mfkawjdm
Person 420: dfkjwdm m,dmw memes+
Person 2: wiudjkwdjn STABB!
Crown City Weaver: Steadies himself, stepping back.+
Person 420: STABBSU+

Since my nickname is Conf Ladveer, my name would appear in Yellow Text, accompanied by a toggleable Ding noise.

This way, in spammy RP situations, especially Combat, I have a way of easily finding what emotes I am mentioned in.

This system is far from perfect, there are a few instances where it might be broken, ie someone with 'The" in their name ie

Thean: Downs a swig of his ale.+
Conf: Sits up from The table.+

And it might flag The? So it would have to be the full word ie Thean, so The doesn't flag.

It may be a bit challenging to set up ( I am not 100% sure on the way this stuff works ) but I feel like it would be a huge help for keeping track of RP and not being so lost- plus for those of us who alt tab and half-afk in tavern, if someone walks up and emotes at up or says "Hello Conf." we hear the noise and can tab back in.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I usually just favourite the people I'm combat rping with and then unfavourite them when I'm done. That way their names come up yellow.

Yes, so much yes. main reason i try to avoid the tavern during peak hours is because i tend to lose focus ocasiobaly, and it's a real pain to look trough chat to see if anyone mentioned me

Yes, so much yes. main reason i try to avoid the tavern during peak hours is because i tend to lose focus ocasiobaly, and it's a real pain to look trough chat to see if anyone mentioned me
True... I try to avoid the tavern... For couple of reason 1 reason I get a lot of lag 2 reason I don't have an mouse to stroll so I have to read fast to look for my name but I had to say something and I don't go to the tavern a lot but yeah.... Sorry but I had to say something...

Only problem I see with this is what if you emote the players name while not in combat, such as:

"hugs "name" tightly"
"breaks a grin at "name" and resumes his composure"
"says directly at "name""

It would be complicated as heck to pinpoint certain words that mean combat RP. And on top of that, what if it is a harmless playful shove? It might trigger the combat ding, when there isn't a combat situation.

I'd go with Jarl's way and favorite a person during a RP if there are dozens of bodies.

It'd be an excellent premium feature.

You could activate the alarm wiht a /combat alarm? it would immediately activate the features of the alarm, so when you can turn it off when not in combat and viceversa

Only problem I see with this is what if you emote the players name while not in combat, such as:

"hugs "name" tightly"
"breaks a grin at "name" and resumes his composure"
"says directly at "name""

It would be complicated as heck to pinpoint certain words that mean combat RP. And on top of that, what if it is a harmless playful shove? It might trigger the combat ding, when there isn't a combat situation.

I'd go with Jarl's way and favorite a person during a RP if there are dozens of bodies.
premium feature idea: the "RP with" tool
/RP tool
gives the player an enchanted stick or something
it would be great if the person you click sees a little something, like a badge, when the person who clicked you talks or emotes, and vise versa. then once you click someone else, it changes to that person. this would be a pretty useful feature and RPers would probably love it

I am going to reject this based on a couple simple reasons:

1. Roleplay features will not be the Tech focus at this time.

2. This feature isn't really that necessary as you can track people you are roleplaying with using /fav and simply remove them when you're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.