Archived Medieval Jail

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryManUltra

Alexander Redguard
Reaction score
Faction
Redguard
Kingdom
Damorn
Roleplay Guilds
N/A
Okay so this idea is very simple, and I have had it for a while now. On MassiveCraft most of the time when you break the rules, you don't get banned, but you get 'sentenced' to their Jail.

MassiveCraft is definitely a Medieval-Themed server -- You can't argue with that. But the Jail Cell isn't, with the glass, wood, glowstone and wool design. Instead however, I would heavily recommend a Jail Cell that looked like a Medieval Jail Cell and not modern in the slightest.

Another suggestion I have for the Jail is that there are multiple cells, and lets say, a certain time every day the doors open and you can walk around the prison and go to a dining area or something along those lines. Now the suggestion I am talking about in this paragraph is good for roleplay, however I can understand if you don't add this particular suggestion as it takes away the whole idea of Jailtime. But I must ask that you at least consider what I mentioned in my previous paragraph and make it more Medieval.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Jail has nothing to do with the Roleplay. There are actual Medieval cells scattered about Regalia though.

Walking around the prison will probably never happen, as you actually can be jailed for loitering (I believe)

Personally, I have no idea how comfy (or not) the cells are. But I know that there are at least three different jails in the City, and some are definitely dingier than others, just by looking through the cell bars.

So i believe there is a bit of confusion. From what i can tell the OP is referring to the actual server /jail. like the jails referenced on /seen. Not the prison in regalia or likewise. This jail is like a box with a window and a sign (unless its been changed recently)

Now although this idea has a bit of logic behind it... I see this as if the jail is a "cool" place built very nicely with a lot of areas to explore... it will encourage people to break the rules in attempt to get jailed.

I'm all for having just a 1x1 room that gives a player blindness and nightvision until they leave the area. That way you don't see anything, and it would suck to not be able to see anything.

I'm all for having just a 1x1 room that gives a player blindness and nightvision until they leave the area. That way you don't see anything, and it would suck to not be able to see anything.
no...just no...The current jail is good no need for torture

You must still misunderstand what we are talking about. The server jail, not the role play jail.
I know and server jail should remain the same room it has been...Just saying that 900+ ping there would be annoying af

Grimmy, have a Snickers

-facepalm- As Znake said, the original poster is talking about the actual jail from /seen not the roleplay jail. I think it'd be cool if it was roleplay where you could walk around, but you do not have to be online to wait for your time in /jail to expire so most people log off for the time being, which really makes no point in this.

Also it should be noted that realistic medieval jails would never have that. Unlike the modern humane jails back in medieval times they werent humane. It was more like the rp jails now. So a modern realistic jail isnt realistic for the theme of the lore.

This would be cool of you had a criminal character but really it would just waste the staff's time since they would need more people to watch over the jail.

Rejected, as this is a misunderstanding of how our /jail works vs roleplay jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.