Archived Medieval Gambling/black Market

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DankeeYankee

Senator
Reaction score
I was just briefly thinking about this, but it would be a somewhat of a cool idea to add in a Black Market within Regalia or a secret society full of thieves and powerful guilds. I think this was implemented before or I am mistaken, but it would bring a newer form of role-play into the Regalian Society. Something like the Thieves Guild off of Skyrim or off of many other games like Skyrim that have had this idea.

Pros:
-Brings a more shady and greedy form of role-play into reality.
-It gives another reason for the Regalian Guard to be around or another force at bay.
-It would help those to have a different role-play other than being a warrior or a mage, it brings a new aspect into play.

Cons:
-It could bring about negative role-play due to some lacking the real idea of it.
-It might increase the amount of "assassins" or "thieves" running around and giving away secrets on the fly.

• I don't know about you, but this would help people think of something better to do other than being a normal citizen or a mage. To me, this would be help people bring a unique style to role-play.

• If you have any information that you think should be added, please comment, I would love to hear some feedback.

• Also, do not turn this into a flame war, if you don't like the idea, don't say anything or just put down the feedback and back off.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Well, this sounds.....nice. (RP, Lanaskan would be a chief customer)

Supported, Damion need somewhere to relax that isn't chuck full of snobby humans :l

Not a bad idea. However its up to Marty or a high roleplay administrator to say whether such would be OK or not on the server.

I do like the idea, I think could perhaps add in some extra buildings in the underground to make use of for the Guild. Also later on a defensive guild? Good or Bad? Either way, it's a good idea

I like this. Finally, Duval can hire people to do his dir- I mean, help him with some... moving jobs... yes....moving jobs...

Pfft, and here I was making up chars who would be vigilantes. This is a great idea. I support it ;w;

This would definitely make role play more interesting, i support this :)

EDIT- This would definitely be interesting in role play. To be honest role play has been a bit dull (in my opinion, may be different for each of you) but this would certainly add excitement. Hopefully this will be added to massive soon :D

I personally love this idea.

It adds a sense of secrecy, mystery and lies. Trouble and certainly more arrests. While, yes, some people will take this opportunity to make more 'assassins' and whatnot, I believe most people will find this perfect for their 'creepy' characters. There aren't enough places for people to linger, I suppose. Alleyways can't exactly be how we imagine alleyways, can they? Making it impossible to have the sense of... Crime there.

Vampires could also get blood fixes there, instead of running wild around Regalia's main center, eyeing every single human, eft (etc) that's around.

What I love the most about this idea is that it enhances the atmosphere a tad. Like... The rough part of town (similar to that of the Poor District), as it were. You enter, and you're surrounded by eerie whispers and skulls hanging from huts. Drugs, blood and illegal items on sale, along with the odd wide smile of an odd looking man/woman. I can see many brilliant characters coming to sell their items around that area, and much more action for the prison.

<>-<>-<>

In short,

Wu5qYMo.gif

Lets all dance 'cuz it's supported by me mmkay.

Supported. I would love Silver to own an RP gambling service (as in, fake and non-profit), since a real one goes against server ToS.

I think a black market would be interesting. It could be a place to sell "Ender items" and general outlawed things. Perhaps it can also be a market for voting rewards?

This is a great idea. I support it. I also think that this black market could be located in the undercity that the new rat race will live in. Since they believe that they are Regalain's, but really aren't their market district be a black market.

This sounds like it is getting a lot of support. I personally like it

I'm going to go ahead and actually tag MonMarty, solely because I believe this deserves some more attention. It's been here for a while, actually.

So yeah! Think about Marty, this actually intrigues me more than it probably should.

What would be a good idea to prevent both of the cons is to have a trusted group of players or staff run it - such as RP staff. They could pick out players to interview with applications from the original Silver Moon Syndicate thread. This way, they don't have noobs god-RPing that they can pickpocket a group of guards at the tavern when it is nighttime. It also will let people be completely notified that secrets and identities should remain hidden.

What would be a good idea to prevent both of the cons is to have a trusted group of players or staff run it - such as RP staff. They could pick out players to interview with applications from the original Silver Moon Syndicate thread. This way, they don't have noobs god-RPing that they can pickpocket a group of guards at the tavern when it is nighttime. It also will let people be completely notified that secrets and identities should remain hidden.

Brilliant idea! I lurb it.

Here is the Silver Moon Syndicate thread that I was talking about.

I personally beleive that it would be hard to refuse/deny/disagree with this idea, due to the fact you have the guards , the inquisition etc. In other words: this would be a great addition to the dark side of aloria

Jack The Unseen, you have something against my support for this idea and my enthusiasm for skyrim? -_-

Against the support,
No.

Enthusiasm for Skyrim,
M'yes... The words "Copying" and "Copyright" comes to mind.

This isn't The Elderscrolls-craft

However, I'd understand why you'd want it to be, because I agree, their worlds and lore are amazing. ^_^

P.S. Is the faction your in actually called Dovahkiin?
[Edit P.S. I've rated your second post Generous because Most people jump to being hostile, instead of reason.
Speech + 1 ]

Against the support,
No.

Enthusiasm for Skyrim,
M'yes... The words "Copying" and "Copyright" comes to mind.

This isn't The Elderscrolls-craft

However, I'd understand why you'd want it to be, because I agree, their worlds and lore are amazing. ^_^

P.S. Is the faction your in actually called Dovahkiin?

Ha ha ha, yea I'm in Dovahkiin. I came to minecraft servers while I was biding my time waiting for Skyrim to be released. Little did I know minecraft servers as good as massivecraft existed! And so I enjoyed massivecraft more than skyrim, because of the community :) , and it's too late to change my whole factions nature from Skyrim now! xD
(Though Dovahkiin is more of just a face name now, we are not super keen on Skyrim lore or anything ;) )
Anyway all inspiration must come from somewhere, as a postmodernist would say, 'nothing is original anymore, everything is a varied recreation of somthing else' ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.