Archived Maybe Its Time For Reset? Open Discussion

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeyris

ex-ceo of Lyrah
Reaction score
Faction
Lyrah
This sounds extreme, I admit. Most faction servers have server resets that completely, However MassiveCraft isn't one of those servers. Since 2011, I dont think that there has been a server wide reset - and the result can be felt in all aspects of server life. All of our systems are too matured and its stagnated faction life, I will synthesize this point with a real life example: examine Japan; Japan's well developed infrastructure and high living standard has actually stunted its growth because it population has aged so greatly and it becomes hard for younger citizens to get out and start their own lives - because they have parents who are dependent on them. Furthermore, with this fiscal limitation put on the younger generations have made them stop consuming and having children; this has had some major implications on their economy. The point is that its time for a reset, We all are too rich for our own good and that has chocked life out of the server - its time for a new adventure. Concluding, that a reset would enable our faction community to rebuild its self and let new players enter the frame. We need to save our community.

Thoughts?

*note: I'm aware of the many years some factions have put into our maps - but we risk losing it all if we fail to act.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
noty we're in the middle of building a huge cathedral and don't wanna lose it ;)

this is a terrible idea

Massive gets a lot of their players to stay because this server is the only one that really doesn't reset but at the same time has that massive restore so it can still be the clean Maps

It would probably be fatally detrimental to massivecraft to do a full reset

... really? I've been building all kinds of things and am working on a fortress now. Sure the maps are very cluttered but too much has been put into the maps to just all of a sudden reset them.

this is a terrible idea

Massive gets a lot of their players to stay because this server is the only one that really doesn't reset but at the same time has that massive restore so it can still be the clean Maps

It would probably be fatally detrimental to massivecraft to do a full reset

But massive restore doesn't change anything really

I dont see any merit in this right now.

Many factions players who are playing right now have been here for years and years. Collecting and building. Why take all that away?

I dont see any merit in this right now.

Many factions players who are playing right now have been here for years and years. Collecting and building. Why take all that away?

A big part my issue is that people have been collecting and building, So many faction players have left - like 80 % of the server is in regalia all day.

I oppose this idea.

I've been able to completely restart my entire faction with a new set of leaders (mostly new people to the server) every single time. New players have the ability to integrate with the community, and can do so with exceptional results when the right people support them.

I think a good way to improve or cause change to the community is to start on a small scale. Show the server what you want to see by creating that environment in your faction.

I oppose this idea.

I've been able to completely restart my entire faction with a new set of leaders (mostly new people to the server) every single time. New players have the ability to integrate with the community, and can do so with exceptional results when the right people support them.

I think a good way to improve or cause change to the community is to start on a small scale. Show the server what you want to see by creating that environment in your faction.

If we do things on a small scale - it wont have big difference, because there is so many resources around that by the time we have actually changed things, the changes that where initially done will be in the same state as things we are trying to change.

I personally, if a reset happened am not sure I would ever join factions again. I love Massive. I truly do, but a reset might just be one of the things that would truly push me away from the server. Massive just isn't really the same server it was years ago, when it was able to do that without killing the server. So many hundreds of people would lose so many countless hours, real money, everything. This might be fine for some people, but for most people (I feel) the loss would truly be too great to make up for anything that could be entice people to return. I saw this happen to another server I once played on, and it died almost immediately after.

The solution to the problem is still out there, if there is one. I don't claim to know it, but a reset isn't (unfortunately) it. I feel I might not be alone with this thought- but thanks for the idea!

If things dont change, this will be a totally RP server.

I can see your point in this and what you wish to achieve with this, but I find a server wide reset to be highly unnecessary and will destroy our server. There has been plenty of servers that had done server wide resets, because of this their communities had been decimated because older veteran community members had chosen to leave their servers. Let's not forget that our server isn't like most other faction servers. Unlike other faction servers, our builds are sophisticated and highly detailed for roleplay purposes and for looks. Most other faction servers are RAID faction servers, the kind that if someone finds your base, they place a creeper's egg and blow it up to take your loot. These faction servers also don't have the MassiveRestore plugin, so their wilds are torn up and destroyed in many places. Also the newer players of the server rely on the veterans to learn the ropes around the server and become more apart of the community. We're not putting a strain on our new players. In fact if I hadn't join a faction that had been playing on this server for years, I wouldn't have kept playing on the server since the day I joined because I wouldn't have known what to do or what to be apart of.

Fyi not all of us are as rich for our own good. We worked for what we have and don't feel like letting months or even years of progress getting sucked down the drain.

I can see your point in this and what you wish to achieve with this, but I find a server wide reset to be highly unnecessary and will destroy our server. There has been plenty of servers that had done server wide resets, because of this their communities had been decimated because older veteran community members had chosen to leave their servers. Let's not forget that our server isn't like most other faction servers. Unlike other faction servers, our builds are sophisticated and highly detailed for roleplay purposes and for looks. Most other faction servers are RAID faction servers, the kind that if someone finds your base, they place a creeper's egg and blow it up to take your loot. These faction servers also don't have the MassiveRestore plugin, so their wilds are torn up and destroyed in many places. Also the newer players of the server rely on the veterans to learn the ropes around the server and become more apart of the community. We're not putting a strain on our new players. In fact if I hadn't join a faction that had been playing on this server for years, I wouldn't have kept playing on the server since the day I joined because I wouldn't have known what to do or what to be apart of.

Fyi not all of us are as rich for our own good. We worked for what we have and don't feel like letting months or even years of progress getting sucked down the drain.

I too have been on the server for years, But how many new players actually stay nowadays? It not as if we will forget how our server works, and its not like our quest worlds need to be reset.

If I hadn't played a no-tnt faction server before this I would have been lost.

What would you all have to say about a new server, one separate from current? Would anyone be interested in that?

Thank you for your suggestion, but we will not and I doubt we will ever do a full reset on the server. That would benefit new players but completely kill the game for the majority of our long-term players who have put so much effort and time into their builds, storage, collections, etc. I agree we need a solution to help get the economy moving again, but there may already be a solution in progress with the MassiveMagic crafting system (once its bugs are resolved). Anyways, at this time this suggestion has to be firmly rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.