For a long time, traits have had several issues. Balancing and lack of diversity have been the main complaints. The following are five important changes that will be made live on the 11th of August’s automatic restart:1st. Change for activation changes for strikes and revenges.
- Strikes and Revenge traits’ melee activation chances have changed to 10% and archery chances have changed to 20%.
- To compensate for this, all Strikes and Revenges’ effects have been lowered by half i.e.: Healstrike heals 1 heart instead of 2 and Slowstrike results in 5 seconds of slow instead of 10.
- The change in activation chance should lower the luck factor in PvP, as all traits are more consistent.
- Archery was nerfed due to the sheer amount of damage it deals, even without traits.
2nd. Re-enabling old traits.
- HealSunlight, HealLava, HealMeditation, HealAlways (but at +100 instead of +40), HealLight, HealVegetation, HealWater, HealDarkness, FeedLava, FeedSunlight, FeedVegetation, FeedWater, FeedStrike and FeedRevenge (but at +50 instead of +30), FeedLight, FeedMeditation, FeedDarkness, WaterDrinker and StoneEater are all re-enabled and combat enabled.
3rd. Combat-enabling current traits.
- Speed, Speed2, Jump, Jump2 and Haste2 have been combat enabled. This change is mostly for quality of life improvements, builders can more easily escape raiders with this.
4th. Traits cost changes.
- PoisonImmune, WitherImmune, FireImmune, StealImmune have all been changed to +20 to stay in line with HarmImmune and ArmorpenImmune.
5th. The disabling of current traits.
- AxeResistant and SwordResistant have been disabled as these were a must take in PvP. Disabling these will provide more variety in PvP trait builds. To compensate for this, Swords and Axes damage has been lowered by 15%.
All these changes are highly configurable and we hope to hear your feedback over the coming days! Enjoy the rest of the weekend Massivecrafters!