Archived Massivetraits Additions

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

X11

Bringer of the Bacon
Reaction score
Faction
Enigma
It seems that right now MassiveTraits is a big matter of discussion. So with it on my mind I had an idea for some new traits to mix it up.

First up is Biome based traits, activating in a biome based on temperature. The three forms are Hot, Temperate, and Cold. It would look like as follows.

JumpHot, JumpCold, JumpTemperate
HasteHot, HasteCold, HasteTemperate
WeakHot, WeakCold, WeakTemperate
ect..

The next is a trait called Vulture, at least that's the only name I could think of. Its like Carnivore and Herbivore, but allows one to eat only rotten flesh, bones, poisonous potatoes, and spider eyes, without any negative effects and increased food value from them.

Another is Mortem, reversing potion effects just like the undead.

And finally Stealth, which has a few different forms. The main one allows for activating it and turning invisible for 10 seconds, but only if you are wearing either leather, chain, or no armor.

The second form is Camouflage, which has a version for different areas and only works when both in leather armor and standing completely still, and it lasts until they move. Versions include-

DesertCamo, ArcticCamo, ForestCamo, MarineCamo, sect

They will only be use able in the matching area. There for if you live in an arctic biome, you'll only find use with Arctic camo.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I like the biome ones. Traits in general has so much untapped potential. The possibilities for new traits are literally endless, yet the plugin has been mostly the same since it was released almost 2 years ago. Really hoping it gets a big update some time soon, with a bunch of new traits, and some cost increases/decreases to existing traits for the overused and underused ones.

I like the ideas, however biome-based trait builds aren't very meaningful due to the fact that you can change them every 5 minutes. It would just lead to people changing traits depending on what biome they are playing in, and just be used as a cheaper way to use the same trait (i.e. need jump2 in a desert biome and later on in a snow biome, however I could just swap what biome it applies to accordingly). If traits were more like races in that you could only swap trait builds every 3-5 days, biome traits would be much moremeaningful because people would have to decide what biomes they would need a trait for, although thats an entirely different idea.

That's a great idea actually, could be so that every 96 hours a player can change their traits. When they do they can get like 45 minutes to set up the class and experiment with what they want maybe?

I like the ideas, however biome-based trait builds aren't very meaningful due to the fact that you can change them every 5 minutes. It would just lead to people changing traits depending on what biome they are playing in, and just be used as a cheaper way to use the same trait (i.e. need jump2 in a desert biome and later on in a snow biome, however I could just swap what biome it applies to accordingly). If traits were more like races in that you could only swap trait builds every 3-5 days, biome traits would be much moremeaningful because people would have to decide what biomes they would need a trait for, although thats an entirely different idea.
That's pretty much how I feel about the matter. Still hoping for that hcf bard though lol.

That's a great idea actually, could be so that every 96 hours a player can change their traits. When they do they can get like 45 minutes to set up the class and experiment with what they want maybe?
That would make it extremely difficult to get anything done. A lot of pvp builds make it difficult to build (due to miningfatigue and the like), and a lot of building builds make it difficult to pvp (due to archeryvuln and the like). So, while the biomes thing is a cool idea, traits shouldn't be changed to be based around it. The biome traits just don't really work well with the way Massive works.

Some of these suggestions are clever and some (like Stealth) are too abuseable. Currently we are not looking to add new traits due to the way traits are integrated at the moment - these our not our priority for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.