Archived Massivetrailers

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Rochelle_

king of forgetting things
Reaction score
ALRIGHT EVERYONE BUCKLE UP AND GET READY FOR THIS JELLY.

So myself and others, probably yourself included have probably noticed that our dearest Massivecraft has been lacking something. Something that we've all seen across Planetminecraft and every lonely basement dweller's search history, YouTube.

Massive needs something to really catch the eye of people across as many platforms as possible, and one of the biggest ways to gain a following is through YouTube videos.

The idea I propose is simple, creating cinematic trailers with shaders, music, advertisement etc and posting them to YouTube to promote the best aspects of Massivecraft.

And as Massivecraft is a very versatile server with things ranging from Creative building to Survival Factions to PVP, Roleplay, Art communities, Deep lore, an active forums and many other things I feel this could really boost the playerbase and bring more popularity to the server by showing we can actually make something of good cinematic quality.

I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO SAY!
Yes, we already have a trailer or two done by @Ragnio, and YES the playerbase is already massive but still, who's to say we can't try and bring more flair into our server and branch out to the unknown by creating trailers for our best qualities. And first-time users are more likely to watch a short video on Planetminecraft or any other server sharing site to get an idea for the server, this will keep new people from just clicking away!​

Also! The trailers could include players, and new players would want to be a part of that process, to be a community involved with itself.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Stuff like this could quite possibly get you a fast road into PR. We desperately need more filmmakers.

OfYGY.gif

ALRIGHT EVERYONE BUCKLE UP AND GET READY FOR THIS JELLY.

So myself and others, probably yourself included have probably noticed that our dearest Massivecraft has been lacking something. Something that we've all seen across Planetminecraft and every lonely basement dweller's search history, YouTube.

Massive needs something to really catch the eye of people across as many platforms as possible, and one of the biggest ways to gain a following is through YouTube videos.

The idea I propose is simple, creating cinematic trailers with shaders, music, advertisement etc and posting them to YouTube to promote the best aspects of Massivecraft.

And as Massivecraft is a very versatile server with things ranging from Creative building to Survival Factions to PVP, Roleplay, Art communities, Deep lore, an active forums and many other things I feel this could really boost the playerbase and bring more popularity to the server by showing we can actually make something of good cinematic quality.

I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO SAY!
Yes, we already have a trailer or two done by @Ragnio, and YES the playerbase is already massive but still, who's to say we can't try and bring more flair into our server and branch out to the unknown by creating trailers for our best qualities. And first-time users are more likely to watch a short video on Planetminecraft or any other server sharing site to get an idea for the server, this will keep new people from just clicking away!​

Also! The trailers could include players, and new players would want to be a part of that process, to be a community involved with itself.

We have a few videos (mostly cinematic overviews) already and at least one in progress currently, as this is not a new concept. Unfortunately we have, I believe, only 2 staff members with video making experience/knowledge so we aren't able to make very many videos quickly.

By all means, if any players have this knowledge and interest they should apply for PR staff.

Marking the thread as handled but leaving it open for discussion.

Hey, I was literally just about to make a post about this! My post would've been mainly to bring in more PvPers but anything works. I was thinking that massive could maybe get some small youtubers to maybe post these trailers on their channels (massive would have to pay them tho), I know lots of HCF servers do this when starting new maps and they seem to work very well. Not advertising other servers but I'll link some server trailers below. (If staff feel this is advertising other servers feel free to delete this)