Dated Massiveskills And Massivecrafting

Discussion in 'Factions' started by AvarianKnight, Jun 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvarianKnight

AvarianKnight Minister of Domestic Affairs

I feel like MassiveCraft needs its own skill system and to make itself special, in that it doesn't use mcMMO, I believe that it should use a different style of skills which are more unique, like a skill dedicated to fighting, instead of multiple ones that can be used for different things, which I believe will also allow for easier balancing. Skills would have their own subtrees, like fighting would have Swords, Axes, and Bows as its subtrees which you gain skill in by fighting mobs and killing them, and these will feed into a fighting skill (not averaged you would get x amount of fightskill and x amount of Swords, Axes, or Bow skill.

Things like Excavation would carry over too, and would translate into strength, control, and agility allowing you to focus to be a tank, but slow, damage dealer a fast and accurate archer or a fast, hard to hit swordsmen but deal less damage. (could probably be revisted to make it better and maybe not focus it on setting up classes more ideas could be discussed)

There would also be a new crafting system to go along this introducing a new skill like weaponsmithing, blacksmithing, and shield smithing (for 1.9+). When you smith a item they will be given a quality, which is based off of the materials that you use, like if you use a high quality (100ql diamond) and some 100quality sticks you would most likely produce a 100ql pickaxe which would take less damage, but also mine more as you mined compared to a 50quality pickaxe which would take more damage as you mined because its quality isn't as high. The same could be said for swords, as you could deal more damage while your sword taking less damage.

This would introduce another skill, repairing, which would lower the quality of the item while reducing the damage that the item has taken. A damaged sword will deal less damage until its repaired, even if its extremely high quality as the sword will have chips in it from blocking swords.

Feel free to give feedbacks and suggestions on what could be changed to make it more playable. The whole idea behind it is instead of going to level 1000 go to level 100 but this could be the same for going to a higher level like a thousand.

A large portion behind this is to make it feel like skills are woven into each other allowing you to do more with mining, digging, fishing and woodcutting.

2. AvarianKnight

3. AvarianKnight

This is a suggestion, I never said anything about it being put onto the server immediately, I would be stupid to think like that when I know there is only one person actively maintaining plugins currently. So please provide constructive additions to the suggestion or don't reply at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

And all I said was that it would require Tech Work

Why are you making a big deal out of it

5. Sir_Daragon

Sir_Daragon Your Local Staff Member Game2

no shit sherlock, i seriously though it be Lore Work

6. Winterless

As the nice man above said, if you don't have constructive criticism

don't comment

7. AvarianKnight

I'm making a big deal out of it because by now you should know how to use the forums, especially this section. You shouldn't post something that isn't useful towards discussion, like saying "Tech Work". There's just no point, and it doesn't help bring about any ideas.

8. Winterless

I was simply pointing out that it would require extensive tech work. Any other ulterior meaning that you think it had is on you, not me.

Not trying to be flamey or anything here, simply stating that it requires extreme tech work.

9. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

Alright, the flame's going to quit. As Winterless said, this would be nice and all. A replacement to mcMMO which we can configure would be super cool but due to Tech limitations, any plugin like this would not be feasible at this current time. I don't like shutting down ideas right off the bat, but sadly we simply cannot afford the time or manpower for something like this.

However, the suggestion is well thought out and constructive, so hats off for that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. AvarianKnight

@CnocBride How about let the idea flow out, just because the idea will require a lot of tech work doesn't mean it should be shut down due to limitations. Allow the discussion to continue and see where it goes, and if tech like it in the future they can use it for a basis.

11. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

I am letting the idea flow out, if I didn't want to this thread would be locked by now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  12. AvarianKnight

This is what I was referring to. As you made it sound like you were going to close it.

@CnocBride

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  13. lunarepiphany

lunarepiphany stargazer

Hm. I think my sentiments really echo a lot of other peoples' here. It sounds like a great idea, and a wonderful way to integrate stats together and make work count, but the amount of work it'd take seems staggering. Not only that, but I'd love to see some balance checks suggested. What will stop new players from feeling overwhelmed by others who already have incredible stats, making efficient and powerful items? However!! What I like best about this, overall, is the idea of a skill tree. Perhaps this could be integrated into mcMMO easier? I like the idea of something like, once you hit (for example) 100 herbalism, you can choose between a +5% replant chance to either wheat or netherwart. If you want to respec at any time, you can for maybe 10% of your EXP for the skill.

Obviously I don't know enough about tech and the way the plugin works to determine whether or not that's feasible, but it seems like a good way to customize each user's experience with the plugin and make grinding feel a bit more useful!

• Constructive Constructive x 1
  14. AvarianKnight

Thanks for the feed back, I think it would feel just about as grindy as it does now, it would just mean more overall which is what i feel like we need, but I think experience should be gained faster too. I think that it would probably be possible to merge this with mcMMO. I think some form of crossover would be useful, but maybe changing someone stats down with a formula to make it on a different scale would be useful so everyone who has grinded on mcMMO won't have to grind again, but the issue would come in from strength, agility, and control because theres no easy way to translate that to a new plugin, but it is doable.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. AgentLew

AgentLew G.D.R.

Well...A nice idea, and I do agree that McMMO needs a replacement, though as things currently stand this idea should sit on the backburners until more important things are finished.

Could finally give us a use for all these darn Massivemob drops of varying rarity which aren't worth jack unless you get it from a boss mob...Can't really agree on higher quality weapons dealing more damage though, that'd just discourage new players from engaging in pvp.
    I've recently been brainstorming/pseudo-coding a plugin similar to this point, but its main purpose is to replace the Sharpness enchant entirely and have a weapon's damage buffs rely on the "sharpness" of the blade. The sharpness would deteriorate over time, and a weapon's sharpness quality would be independent of its durability. It would also require the player to spend additional resources to keep the blade sharp. The sharper the blade, the more damage; I guess this is really the only similarity between the two concepts.

16. AvarianKnight

I didn't really think about any integration with MassiveMob, but that could be really good idea.

I think the damage levels would be about the same as a regular god sword, and if people vote regularly they would be able to buy from shops too. I don't think i ever mentioned it in the main post but armor could have the same ideals, where if they're damaged they will protect you less and if they are higher quality they will protect you more (the same as a regular god set).

I also feel like this way doesn't discourage as many new players from engaging in pvp as the current way does, as you need to grind for atleast 1-2 weeks to be able to fight anyone.

17. Samfari

Samfari Professional Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist

I feel like this would be very much disliked in PvP, especially being a "tank." People would definitely take hours and grind to be more overpowered in PvP, and obviously when someone who ends up being overpowered in PvP ends up ruining the game for everyone else who don't want to dig in the effort to grind their stats. That's why they capped MCMMO, PvPers tried to avoid super grinders like Traxex because they'd get destroyed in a heartbeat from their armour breaking and skull splitter

I agree with Winterless when he says there's a lot of tech work that would be needed to make this. Tech staff are already always occupied and I think this would be completely useless adding it in. Tbh I think the Roleplay and MCMMO aspect of Massivecraft make unique. I just think Massivecraft needs to promote their server more as well as direct it more towards either Roleplayers or PvPers since those are the ones who tend to stay on the server, primarily for the community.

18. Winterless

The "1-2 weeks" figure is gonna need a citation. Throwback to when I could 1v3 factions on an alt account with no MCMMO stats, lmao.

Then again, that was with traits. With traits gone, it could be a different story- then again, @Ieso PvPs on accounts without stats all the time and does fine.

19. Riley0628

Riley0628 business man

ah beautiful flame

20. BlueChaos

BlueChaos Beggar

Feels like I'm going to necro this thread. I'm going to lock this now, as it is no longer relevant.
    Peace!​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.