Archived Massivesafes!

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Theboomyfly

Holy Emperor of Belgistan
Reaction score
Hello MassiveCrafters,
I had a discussion with a friend of mine, and then came up with this idea. We were talking about how PvP'ers are very vulnerable to getting banned. Like if a roleplayer makes a mistake, it has mostly less drastic results, but a PvP'er on the other hand… And, when you get banned, you need to appeal. However, this can take a while, and in this while, your chests could get unlocked. This means that all your valuables will get looted.

So here comes my idea; MassiveSafes! This wouldn't actually be a Plug-in, but rather a new dimension. People would be able to buy a private safe for let's say, 15 USD (it's just an example). There they could store all their valuables and stuff they don't want to lose! It would be a room that only the owner could access. It would have 10-20 double chests and you wouldn't be able to build in it (just so that you won't make portals in it). Ofcourse, staff could access it when they find it necessary, let's say, to destroy duped stuff, return scammed wares, etc…

Pros:

· When you will be on a vacation for a while, you don't have to worry about you losing your stuff anymore. So you don't need to annoy your family by having to log in each day, and you could enjoy your vacation to its fullest.
· If you get banned, and you need to appeal, you won't have to find yourself returning empty handed.
· The server would have a new and extra source of income. Which I think the server might find handy.
· If you want to take a break from MineCraft or MassiveCraft for an unknown time, you can return happy! You don't need to restart all over again, you just can get your stuff that you got from your previous fun experiences!

Cons:

· People might see this as an excuse to break rules quicker, since they don't lose their valuables.
· Staff would have to spend their time in creating this new dimension. Even though I don't think it would take long to do so, it still is a con.

Friendly greetings, Theboomyfly. :)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
While I personally think it should be in regals, so scrub non-prems that can't really pay for this kinda stuff like myself could use this, I personally think this is a pretty good idea. I've personally had the pain of loosing most of my stuff from being gone for longer than I expected, tis no fun.

This smells like P2W

I like looting people's stuff... If you get banned, and you have that much stuff, you should be well enough respected or known to get someone to claim the chests for you. It's your own fault you got banned, that's a part of the consequences

Hello MassiveCrafters,
I had a discussion with a friend of mine, and then came up with this idea. We were talking about how PvP'ers are very vulnerable to getting banned. Like if a roleplayer makes a mistake, it has mostly less drastic results, but a PvP'er on the other hand… And, when you get banned, you need to appeal. However, this can take a while, and in this while, your chests could get unlocked. This means that all your valuables will get looted.

So here comes my idea; MassiveSafes! This wouldn't actually be a Plug-in, but rather a new dimension. People would be able to buy a private safe for let's say, 15 USD (it's just an example). There they could store all their valuables and stuff they don't want to lose! It would be a room that only the owner could access. It would have 10-20 double chests and you wouldn't be able to build in it (just so that you won't make portals in it). Ofcourse, staff could access it when they find it necessary, let's say, to destroy duped stuff, return scammed wares, etc…

Pros:

· When you will be on a vacation for a while, you don't have to worry about you losing your stuff anymore. So you don't need to annoy your family by having to log in each day, and you could enjoy your vacation to its fullest.
· If you get banned, and you need to appeal, you won't have to find yourself returning empty handed.
· The server would have a new and extra source of income. Which I think the server might find handy.
· If you want to take a break from MineCraft or MassiveCraft for an unknown time, you can return happy! You don't need to restart all over again, you just can get your stuff that you got from your previous fun experiences!

Cons:

· People might see this as an excuse to break rules quicker, since they don't lose their valuables.
· Staff would have to spend their time in creating this new dimension. Even though I don't think it would take long to do so, it still is a con.

Friendly greetings, Theboomyfly. :)

How exactly are pvpers more likely to get banned than RPers?

How exactly are pvpers more likely to get banned than RPers?
hacking
while i'm not saying every pvp'r does this (i hope no one does it), a roleplayer simply doesn't benefit from hacks while a pvp'r can autobot or something and thus gain an unfair advantage in a fight.
that's one reason lol
now pls, don't hate me for this.

If a roleplayer makes a mistake I can't see the consequences for others being that grave. (Worst thing I can imagine is to have to write up a new character.) If a PvPer makes a mistake, then mostly all the valuables of the other person/faction are gone, sometimes the faction even disbands because they can't afford the tax anymore (cause the players rather used their regals to buy another set of god armour), etc.

Short: I believe the consequences of PVP-errors are more massive (in terms of losing stuff) than RP-errors and thus the punishment should be harder too.

hacking
while i'm not saying every pvp'r does this (i hope no one does it), a roleplayer simply doesn't benefit from hacks while a pvp'r can autobot or something and thus gain an unfair advantage in a fight.
that's one reason lol
now pls, don't hate me for this.
We also flame a lot more and a fair few PvPers dislike a lot of the staff, often causing tension between them. Which is unfortunate

Don't break the rules and you won't need to worry about being banned. Why should any effort be put into making things easier on people who can't follow the rules?

This is a genius idea! Iv'e been banned and had all my items looted. If this gets accepted hopefully it will not happen again to me.

Don't break the rules and you won't need to worry about being banned. Why should any effort be put into making things easier on people who can't follow the rules?
In some cases you can accidently get banned without knowing you were going to get banned. Being banned is a common occurrence on massivecraft

it could be used by others too you know.
in teh case this was a thing and i had the mony to do it i would do it just because i never would ahve to worry about a spage shortage in my very limited storage room in my faction.
edit: i can't type today

I've never been banned for a long enough time to be looted but even still I would pay for this service. Would be nice to take a month long vacation with no worries of my massive armory getting stolen.

Maybe instead of this being for banned players (since losing items is part of the consequences) it could only be used for vacation/time away from massive.

The vaults could be bought, and if a player is banned they can appeal. On the appeal, they would have to state whether or not they had a vault, and if they lied, it would be another strike against them, causing more time banned. If they are unbanned within the first 20 days, they keep their items like normal. If not, then staff can go break the chests to scatter the items, then re-place them for when and if the player is unbanned.

This is probably a terrible idea, but I put it here anyway. o3o

Maybe instead of this being for banned players (since losing items is part of the consequences) it could only be used for vacation/time away from massive.

The vaults could be bought, and if a player is banned they can appeal. On the appeal, they would have to state whether or not they had a vault, and if they lied, it would be another strike against them, causing more time banned. If they are unbanned within the first 20 days, they keep their items like normal. If not, then staff can go break the chests to scatter the items, then re-place them for when and if the player is unbanned.

This is probably a terrible idea, but I put it here anyway. o3o
But if it's paid for by the banned player as said then surely they would be entitled to an exception rather than more punishment?

You used to be able to apply for inactivity. For example if I am going on a month long vacation and I don't have an officer to look after my base. I could apply through the forums to have my faction permanent for the time being.

Unlike the rest of the server?

Not like Pay2Win hasn't been around for a while.
I don't have a problem with prems and their overpowered features.

But making things easier for banned players, in exchange of irl money. Just no.

But if it's paid for by the banned player as said then surely they would be entitled to an exception rather than more punishment?

Like I said, the safe would be used only for vacations etc., not for a place to stockpile your valuables for if you are banned. They would lose their stuff most likely anywhere else, so it is just making it fair, I guess.

The problem isn't necessarily the people who get banned for breaking the rules, it's more for the people who are falsely banned and are able to appeal, but perhaps not in time for their faction to keep from disbanding. For example, say someone like joshy, who clicks at inhuman speeds, was banned because anti-cheat picked up irregularly fast click rates. At first he might be unable to get unbanned, but then a little later on, a video of the fight surfaces and it is quite clear he wasn't hacking. It would kinda suck for him to lose all his stuff, even though it was neither his nor the staff's fault.

You used to be able to apply for inactivity. For example if I am going on a month long vacation and I don't have an officer to look after my base. I could apply through the forums to have my faction permanent for the time being.

You can still apply for vacation status, to my knowledge, but there isn't a form for it.

I already provide a service similar to this with my 1-chunk Vaults. People can pay to purchase a vault and it's theirs forever (unless they msg/mail me saying otherwise). Payments are, of course, non-refundable. Msg or Mail me in game, or start a convo here, and I'll get you a vault.

I don't have a problem with prems and their overpowered features.

But making things easier for banned players, in exchange of irl money. Just no.
I'm pretty sure you don't pvp nor build in super large scale.
BP are super op and handy
Traits, 3 traits and 50 points more plus exclusive traits are super op if you would think about it.
15% damage reduction, what morong came up with this idea? I see it draws a lot of people into buying it because of this but seriously you can't call this a fair non P2w server if you have such big feature.
(I'm not going to start the discussion about the fix, keep on death and more because it's not direct OP)
And I'm pretty sure most people would buy these vaults not at all for banning preventions.

I do build in massive scale, and have done that since I first got into Minecraft. My previous base was fully built by me and one of my friends.

And thanks for the spiders.