Archived Massivecraft Discord Roles

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Lyee

Your Best Enemy
Reaction score
Faction
N/A
Kingdom
The New Tyberian Empire
So, today something interesting happened. The @here tag was used in the Official Discord in a roleplay channel, announcing there would be an event. Not really a big deal, you can just mark as read and be on with your day. However, some people were upset anyway and so I came up with an idea.

On other Discord servers I've been in there are bots that allow you to give yourself a role. This could be used on the Massivecraft Discord to give roles such as Roleplay or Factions. These roles would allow you to, for example, read and send messages in chats like the Roleplay-Ooc (for roleplay), or the Recruitment-Chat (for Factions).

So.. Why is this helpful? Well as previously stated, it would allow you to read and send messages in specific chat. This would mean that you could choose whether or not to receive notifications from specific chats, and could also be used to designate people who play for Roleplay, and/or people who play for Factions.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
yea i'd really rather not ever get notifications from non-staff on massive discord

While I am not the most experienced in Discord management and that is really the area of CS_Birb, Siosie and Spectriel - I do help out and can provide some input.

On other Discord servers I've been in there are bots that allow you to give yourself a role. This could be used on the Massivecraft Discord to give roles such as Roleplay or Factions. These roles would allow you to, for example, read and send messages in chats like the Roleplay-Ooc (for roleplay), or the Recruitment-Chat (for Factions).

This has actually been discussed multiple times among staff but we have simply never gotten round to it. We also need to modify some changes to Dyno, I believe, which hopefully will be done soon. We've just have had a lot of other things to be doing as no server can ever have a team dedicated solely to Discord - all of our Discord team are volunteers outside of their normal departmental duties.

This has actually been discussed multiple times among staff but we have simply never gotten round to it. We also need to modify some changes to Dyno, I believe, which hopefully will be done soon. We've just have had a lot of other things to be doing as no server can ever have a team dedicated solely to Discord - all of our Discord team are volunteers outside of their normal departmental duties.
Auttaja can do it too. Doesnt have to be Dyno.

This idea post is kinda outdated with the release of Factions and Roleplay discords. If someone could like... resolve it or something, that'd be splendid.