Archived Massive Referals

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

operationguard

British Merchant
Reaction score
Faction
Farmlands
Just was thinking it would be cool if when a player joins, they can type /referred Playername. The player who was the referee with get a gift/money. Could be the same as voting. So like you have the same chance of everthing. This would encourage people to get there friends to join. It could be abused I suppose, but you would have made to spend a lot of money on ALT accounts.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This has been suggested before, the problem with it is that people can log on with their alts or even inactive friends accounts and give themselves a reward without any effort or even a fully active player, one log on and they get the reward, there's no need for another log on from that player.

*Looks at journal of alts that have never been used on massive*......Muahahahhaha!!! Great plan! Jk, terrible plan, can be abused by people (Such as me)

Well, maybe it could check IP so any local IP would not register? Also, it would use the same gift system like voting, so you may come out with nothing but carrots :P

Well, maybe it could check IP so any local IP would not register? Also, it would use the same gift system like voting, so you may come out with nothing but carrots :P
Well.. If it is a gift system like voting; it is possibly even worse than just plain regals.. While I myself have no alts; many other people do. A person can just refer their alt, and if it is regular voting items; they could get powerful items. They might get some rare item that could be sold for over 500r. Even if it could only be used once; a person may have 3 or 4 alts, possibly more. It could VERY EASILY be abused; not many people are above abusing something like that, because HEY! free regals/powerful item of awesomeness.

Why not just make the referral be something small like a regal of thanks or something? Like a paper named "Referral gift" And when you right click it you get a regal, something small. Or even just a number of referrals when you /seen <Playername>

Last edited:
I really don't see how this could be abused as long as it has the same chance of rewards for voting. Even considering if you had like 10 alts it's not really that bad.
People didn't think the voting rewards were OP previously, not sure why they think it is now...

Unless everyone buys one thousand dollars worth of alt accounts I really don't see a way to abuse this, as it is only a one-time reward.

I guess referrals could be cool. I like the idea that if you have been referred it comes up on your /seen so it could be used as a trophy system.

I guess referrals could be cool. I like the idea that if you have been referred it comes up on your /seen so it could be used as a trophy system.
Didnt think of that! Maybe yes, that could work, and when you get a certain number, it changes colour in your /seen to show you have refered more people

Even with a hundred alts, that's only about a month's voting items... not that big of an advantage, given the amount of money you'd need to get it...
You'd be a lot better off just buying some regals, then buying some voting items...I don't really think it's possible to abuse this.

+1 Support

Status
Not open for further replies.