Archived Massive Pickup Eh?

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Kezlok

Spooky
Reaction score
Faction
___
So basically I and alot of other people I know really miss the old /np command. To be who doesn't know /np its a command that disables picking up items. It's an extremely effecient plugin (or a part of a plugin) that generally would be really useful for many players even though it's more for the PvP'ers.
I've another little suggestion aswell. So I thought now that we're at it why not tweak it a little bit more?
So I suggest making a new replacement for it that makes players able to toggle what items they want to pickup, basically like a filter. Everything you don't want to pick up from the ground will simply stay away.
Could be something like this:

To toggle the plugin (this also entails in activating your custom pickup options)
/np toggle

I don't think that an explanation is needed for the following commands:

/np add (item/itemID)
/np remove (item/itemID)
/np reset
/np enable all
/np disable all

Pros:
  • PvP'ers will have an easier time picking up the actually useful loot that their enemies drop on death.
  • It'll make it easier to grind stats in your darkroom since you don't have to throw away all the rottenflesh, arrows, string, bows etc. all the time.
  • Just a pretty cool and small feature in general :)
Cons:
  • Might cause a little more lag since alot of items needs to despawn but I don't think that many people would mind that.
(I assume it's possible to make this plugin right?)

Inventory.jpg
@2108U9 @Wannag @Sevrish @ZIHAMMER1411 @FubeTheMangler @jquaile @spoonly @Traxex20 @BenAlex144 @Joshy54100 @wafflecash @MagicalWetToast @spectec @Cayorion @OtherPeopleIForgot

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I agree with this idea, I think that it would benefit not just PVPers, but Miners and Workers as well!

+1 Agree to you :)

DID YOU STEAL THIS IDEA FROM ME?

No really though, I have literally spoke of this repeatedly in teamspeak with other people...
I like this idea... because I came up with it >.>

No really though, I have literally spoke of this repeatedly in teamspeak with other people...
I've never heard you speak about it lol
me and 210 was talking about how much we missed it which made me setup this thread.
Maybe you're trying to steal my idea ;o (jk)

Last edited:

He stole the idea from massivecraft back in the days :P. It have been on the server before.

This would actually be very useful, though I doubt it will be implemented any time soon due to Cayorion probably having a godawful massive list of things to do first.

Cons:
  • Might cause a little more lag since alot of items needs to despawn but I don't think that many people would mind that.
(I assume it's possible to make this plugin right?)
There is a plugin that removed all ground items every 15 minutes

I might be the first to disagree, and don't take it the wrong way, it's not because it's not a nice suggestion.
I'm pretty sure having a whole heap of dropped items on the ground would create a fair bit more than a little lag, especially in places that already receive a high lot of lag anyway.
For example Regalia.

Weighing the benefit with this increase lag, I just can't consider this a necessary or beneficial addition to the server.

If people were wanting to drop items and leave them there, I don't think they want to be rushing to pick up these items every 15 minutes.
I think, from my interpretation, the point of this plugin is to have this like items sitting on tables and such.

This would actually be very useful, though I doubt it will be implemented any time soon due to Cayorion probably having a godawful massive list of things to do first.
I didn't expect something like this to be created any time soon either. I'd rather want traits to get fixed/balanced but at some point when Cay got some spare time I'd love to see this get implemented ^.^

Well that's a whole other discussion that I'd like to stay out of until it's decided wether this has a chance of getting implemented or not but it's always a possibility, even though I highly would doubt that many players would like it.

If people were wanting to drop items and leave them there, I don't think they want to be rushing to pick up these items every 15 minutes.
I think, from my interpretation, the point of this plugin is to have this like items sitting on tables and such.
No, it would remove all the junk items k the ground creating lag.

This would be an unarmed users wet dream. :)

How would that work? Say someone wanted to put a bottle on the table, and it's set in the plug-in that they get removed every 15 minutes, then it would be gone. Yes?
A message appears on screen "Ground items to despawn in 30 seconds." After those 30 seconds, all items not in the inventory, chest, or in any other way being interacted with disappear. Then a message appears "____ items cleared"

How would that work? Say someone wanted to put a bottle on the table, and it's set in the plug-in that they get removed every 15 minutes, then it would be gone. Yes?
Normally in MineCraft (including Spigot) items depsawn after 5 minutes.

Does Bukkit have a PlayerPickupItemEvent?
EDIT: Bukkit have this event. Coding this shouldn't take too long. (But AFAIK Cayorion is busy and won't be able to make this soon)

Normally in MineCraft (including Spigot) items depsawn after 5 minutes.

Does Bukkit have a PlayerPickupItemEvent?
EDIT: Bukkit have this event. Coding this shouldn't take too long. (But AFAIK Cayorion is busy and won't be able to make this soon)
I think you've misinterpretated what I'm saying.
The idea of the /np command for me would be you could place things on tables, without having to worry about people picking them up or them de-spawning.
OldMan is suggesting a plug-in which makes items dropped be removed after a certain amount of time.
What I'm saying is these two things contradict each other.

I think you've misinterpretated what I'm saying.
The idea of the /np command for me would be you could place things on tables, without having to worry about people picking them up or them de-spawning.
OldMan is suggesting a plug-in which makes items dropped be removed after a certain amount of time.
What I'm saying is these two things contradict each other.
The idea of /np, was so your inventory wouldn't get messed up. Not to deny others picking up items. Or am I completely wrong @frederik049