Archived Massive Mobs

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadoram

Beggar
Reaction score
Faction
Deephome
I see a problem with the highly visible nametags.
Its really hard to resist not digging down when you see a green mob underground.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
What do you mean green mob? Do the mobs have nametags, or names?..

yeah that's a problem, oh and maybe add in the normal playernametags as well to be removed. :D

Remove player and mob tags? That is SOOOO brilliant. I see no problems with this. "Dude I am guna beat that skeleton to death." -player one has been killed by "king of skeletons".-.

You could make it so that you can only see the tag when you look directly at the mob, but really, I don't think this is a huge issue, especially since Daendroc is the only world MassiveMobs is currently used in...

I found Xytaujin this way. Mined up to him and killed him and his army with ease.
Had to hit Xytaujin a hundred times with a sharpV Diamond axe.
He is a child underground.

One cool thing, he recognized my race and used it in his threats. (clap)

Player tags should be invisible unless the player is seen, thus unable to directly know where someone is through walls.

Deleting player tags is a very bad idea, it makes it much easier to hide and also people can't identify you by name, they must know your skin. Also, this might not be possible.

If you quickly skimmed through it which it appears so, I did state that

"Player tags should be invisible unless the player is seen, thus unable to directly know where someone is through walls."

only because people who kill anyone or attempt to just follow nametags through walls/blocks. Another addon if I may could be though it would be difficult to code, to raiders perspective(enemy faction), the defending faction nametags are disabled, allowing weaker players to hide and not be harassed as easily and allowing the defending faction to ambush the enemy within their own territory. Making it somewhat understandable since not every raiding nation knows the land of the other faction.

If you quickly skimmed through it which it appears so, I did state that

"Player tags should be invisible unless the player is seen, thus unable to directly know where someone is through walls." ,

only because people who kill anyone or attempt to just follow nametags through walls/blocks. Another addon if I may could be though it would be difficult to code, to raiders perspective(enemy faction), the defending faction nametags are disabled, allowing weaker players to hide and not be harassed as easily and allowing the defending faction to ambush the enemy within their own territory. Making it somewhat understandable since not every raiding nation knows the land of the other faction.

I still don't agree, it would just be hard to tell who is who, and make it extremely easy to ambush people. And also, again, this is hard/impossible to code.

Personally I find that the nametags are not an issue. Big whup, you can see a nametag... this IS a game after all...

That said, a nice middle ground would be to have a set distance at which point nametags become visible, rather than being visible from like 500 blocks away. I'd suggest 25 blocks away, which is close enough that you'd probably have already seen the enemy. Also maybe set it to line-of-sight (that is, not through blocks) to keep it realistic.

I was surprised to see people disagree with this. Now I think you read this wrong.
I'm not talking about player name tags.
The problem is with the new massive mobs.
Last night it was possible to spot 10-20 mobs with the nametag.
I saw them far underground and from maybe up to 5 chunks distance.
It was way to easy to find them and mine down to kill them.

Also, that this is not criticism, It's feedback on a addon in development.
MassiveMobs is one of the cooler server addons I have seen in a long time now.

Wait what? How does one find nametags?

Dude, sometimes I go off in unimaginable fits of rage after my char dies, and im glad about there names, that way I can obliterate like 20 of them before I calm down

I'm still developing MassiveMobs. The plugin is about 50% complete. I will keep the name tags in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.