Archived Massive Craft Becoming A White List Server.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony371

Pioneer
Reaction score
Pros:
  • No more noobs, disturbing Roleplay.
  • Introduce more roleplay into factions.
  • Have a trust able base line of players.
  • Roleplay factions only. ((No Yolo squad and rubbish like this. Serious Rp wars, factions and such))
  • More chances of people becoming premium, enjoying the server more.
Cons:
  • Less Players will be online then usual for a short period of time.
  • Less Premium as a whole.
No flame or hate. Just an thought. Comments? :)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
No, I don't agree with this. Pvpers don't usually want to write a character bio to get whitelisted, and, although I am a RPer myself, it's just a fact that PvP is a great reason to buy premium.

No, I don't agree with this. Pvpers don't usually want to write a character bio to get whitelisted, and, although I am a RPer myself, it's just a fact that PvP is a great reason to buy premium.

I myself am an big pvper. I did not say that you 'had' to roleplay. Just helps preventing griefing 11 year olds.

Moved to 'Feature & Idea Discussion'.

No. The fact that MassiveCraft does not have a white-list system is what I and many others come to this server for. If you introduced a white-list system then the player base of MassiveCraft will just drop, no one will vote, no one will buy premium, and in the end the server will just have to be shut down as It can not afford to continue running.

No. The fact that MassiveCraft does not have a white-list system is what I and many others come to this server for. If you introduced a white-list system then the player base of MassiveCraft will just drop, no one will vote, no one will buy premium, and in the end the server will just have to be shut down as It can not afford to continue running.

Noted- Maybe then just a certain world that needs to be applied for..?

I disagree, Massivecraft being whitelisted wouldn't really make people want to join, plus it gives more work to the staff to look at applications to join. They have enough on their plate as it is. I do wish they could do more about the sweg factions though. It really disturbs RP.

Ye. Thanks for all your positive imput. I get it now. Thanks all :) :D

I've always thought it would be a good idea... and then promptly relized it would be a really bad idea. Like communism, or veganism.

Why not suggest massivecraft has its own world for Whitelisted-RP?

Sorry I meant server, but same principle. Massivecraft could just open another small 100 player server with 1 town, faction based for RP. Like regalia, but with PROS.

While I would agree that it would benefit the general 'quality' of the player on the server, this would overall limit the server's growth a lot.

I don't really enjoy the fact of having to apply to join a Minecraft server, and neither do many others. Like me, a lot of others just want to sit down, type in "RPG minecraft server" on Google, and then join the 1st server that pops up. Most people won't want to fill out the application that comes with the whitelist, and thus they'd rather go to the 2nd or 3rd one in line, taking MassiveCraft's position as the king of RP.

I disagree with this for reasons stated already. That and the fact that I would hate to think of the staff needed to read and approve of applications.

I think you may have misunderstood.

My suggestion, which IMO was 100% better than the OP's suggestion, is to create a very very small SIDE-SERVER which you don't even need to take interest in, but apply for, for a good roleplay environment, with its own RP staff etc etc.

I never for one hinted that you would ever have to even consider applying for the whitelist nor that I suggest splitting the population up on massivecraft.

But as we all know, the main RP focal point is the first landmark you see, which, is the tavern. And I could physically rip my eyes out when I go there and see a flood of white text. People trying to RP with the person next to them while trying to actually CATCH their message in the chaos is just impossible.

Having another white-listed RP server for people who actually want to RP seriously, would sort that out while taking no interest from the main server.

Anyway, this was just my addition to the OP to try improve his concept, rather than just whitelist everything

Meh. I have a character. As long as existing players don't have to make one I don't care.

No offence, but this is a horrible idea. Having a roleplay ONLY server would bring down the amount of people coming to the server as much. I have met a lot of people who only do PVP. By making it white list only those people would leave.

I honestly would never have bothered to sign up if it had a white list. Most servers I've seen with them are normally very slow to approve people. I like it how it is.

Lets delete the factions plugin while we're at it, and install towny!

No no no, no whitelist, never. Neeever.

To point this out have you thought about how new players will get on? What are they going to scan the internet for a while looking for an app and so forth? How will new players come...

A quote from the 'Identity' page on the website under the heading 'Future Plans and Ambitions':
"Our main future goal is quite simply formulated, to become the biggest and most popular Minecraft community and server in existance. We want to be able to offer everyone any form of entertainment they could look for on Minecraft.
This can be seen in our desire to expand further into the Minigame universe, including game modes such as skyblock, hunger games and many more. Not only the Minigame universe will be expanded. We are looking forward to adding creative building opportunities, expanding to more roleplay settings and different grades of roleplay strictness to appeal to more target groups.
Summarized, we want to appeal to as many people as wide and as far as possible to offer a full, fun and rich entertainment experience. Despite this direction however, we want to preserve our original guiding principle. Quantity in MassiveCraft, shall never becoming our primary Quality. We always strive to maintain our high quality expectation of the MassiveCraft Team, the full Complete Accessibility principle and striving to be among the players, instead of above them. This way we strive to not only be the best Minecraft Community trough the servers and entertainment we offer, but also offer the best Quality of Team Management."
Plus, minecraft is a game you play to enjoy the features it provides. Most of the roleplaying in minecraft is done standing still and talking. Making a server that is strict rp only wouldn't be very successful, (maybe it would?) and massivecraft really isn't the place for it. I like the idea of a Roleplay world/map that you apply for. Then rp'ers can be happy there and not have to worry about noobs. Or even a party chat function so rp'ers can make their own chatroom and ignore other chats.

Having a white list server would just ruin the community, minecraft servers are designed so that you find the ip, control v it into the ip box and hit join server and have lots of fun but a whitelist would cause other people to look for servers without whitelist because even if you do whitelist it's not a guarantee that the server is good. If there was a white list on this server then I would've never played it when I searched on google for rpg server and would've gone to another. Quite simply put whitelisted servers are a death sentence, most whitelist servers i knew disbanded because people didnt want to be forced to register for something their not sure they like or know is good and as a result hardly anyone bought premium or donated.

I absolutely disagree. Whitelist would affect the server pretty bad. What if these 11 year olds are NOT griefers and are actually nice people, but they can't apply to be added on the whitelist for whatever reason? This post is a full and most sincere...

DISAPPROVING NO.

Pros:
  • No more noobs, disturbing Roleplay.
  • Introduce more roleplay into factions.
  • Have a trust able base line of players.
  • Roleplay factions only. ((No Yolo squad and rubbish like this. Serious Rp wars, factions and such))
  • More chances of people becoming premium, enjoying the server more.
Cons:

• Less Players will be online then usual for a short period of time.
  • Less Premium as a whole.
No flame or hate. Just an thought. Comments? :)
Tony the point of this server was to make a rp server that was not whitelisted didn't you see the front page
(facepalm)

Status
Not open for further replies.