Archived Marriage/weddings Plugin

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadladBarbas

Meme Connoisseur
Reaction score
Just a little thought, and one that'll almost certainly have been mentioned before, if so, I'm sorry. With all the marriage in roleplay, I thought it'd be a good idea to use this plugin in order to make it official... kinda. I don't know, just a thought.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yeah, just what I was thinking. Didn't think anyone's agree with me to be perfectly honest...

Looking through the benefits, I will list the ones that are either OP or annoying:
  • Teleportation to married player will allow people to teleport to each other on raids
  • Setting a home during a raid in an enemy's base
  • Some people want their marriages to be private, by seeing everybody's marriages is meta-gaming
  • Getting more XP will just give people fake marriages
  • Regenerating health can be abused in raids
  • Disabling PvP off in arenas will give you an advantage
  • Marrying people in your radius and announcing the marriage can get spammy

Looking through the benefits, I will list the ones that are either OP or annoying:
  • Teleportation to married player will allow people to teleport to each other on raids
  • Setting a home during a raid in an enemy's base
  • Some people want their marriages to be private, by seeing everybody's marriages is meta-gaming
  • Getting more XP will just give people fake marriages
  • Regenerating health can be abused in raids
  • Disabling PvP off in arenas will give you an advantage
  • Marrying people in your radius and announcing the marriage can get spammy
Like I said Cay would have to edit it a lot but its a neat idea

Like I said Cay would have to edit it a lot but its a neat idea
I don't know how busy Cayorion is, but I'm going to assume that he wouldn't have the time to set this up, not to mention that this plugin would have to be downgraded so much that it really doesn't do anything other than put your marriages on a list and give an announcement, which you can do by yourself.

This plugin is unnecessary, and although it is a nice idea, it simply isn't worth the time to develop and edit. However, that is Cayorion's decision.

Only priests can marry people. So, to avoid too many people from getting married, you have to write an application form on the forum to become a priest.
By the way, you will also have to pay the priest some silver (I think 50 silver would be okay) and the marriage has to be a RP-Event (which must also be announced on the forum).

I think this would be pretty fun and bring more RP to massivecraft.

Only priests can marry people. So, to avoid too many people from getting married, you have to write an application form on the forum to become a priest.
By the way, you will also have to pay the priest some silver (I think 50 silver would be okay) and the marriage has to be a RP-Event (which must also be announced on the forum).

I think this would be pretty fun and bring more RP to massivecraft.
Anybody can become a priest and marry somebody, or you can just get married with you two. Some people want their marriage secret, and these restrictions limit it too much.

This has in fact been asked many times and has been turned down every time. People should really read older posts.

Ah, right. I did say that people would've posted about this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.