Archived Marriage Plugin

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amras_Yavetil

Come RP with meh </3
Reaction score
Faction
Insani
Roleplay Guilds
Surreptitious Order, Crimson Gears
It has come to my (and several other players) attention that this server's RPG experience would be much improved with the "Marriage" bukkit plugin. I have personally reviewed a few such plugins, would suggest either

"Marry ME" ( http://www.curse.com/bukkit-plugins/minecraft/marryme )

"Marriage Master" ( http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/marriage-master/)

or "Marriage Reloaded" ( http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/marriage-reloaded/ )

I really hope that one of these gets added, and I know that if it did it would go over great for Massivecraft RP!

~Amras_Yavetil

20.jpg

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm curious as to why this would be beneficial to the server, considering you can just say you are married.

I honestly feel as if this would not create a more immersive roleplay setting, but only bring survival into the scene. Not being able to damage your partner with Minecraft mechanics doesn't really have much to do with actual roleplay. Also, think about the characters with NPC partners, as well as some Qadirs with multiple wives. A plugin for marriage wouldn't be able to be used for those purposes, at least in my opinion. <333

It just adds a command to marry, a title (I think, maybe not), and allows you to tp to your partner. I can see now the problems with this (I.e. the npc's and multiple wives :/ ) I suppose that because of these reasons, it wouldn't work. I am sorry if i have wasted anyones time :)

It just adds a command to marry, a title (I think, maybe not), and allows you to tp to your partner. I can see now the problems with this (I.e. the npc's and multiple wives :/ ) I suppose that because of these reasons, it wouldn't work. I am sorry if i have wasted anyones time :)
That's absolutely fine! I can understand why you would have originally thought it to be a great idea for this server. ^-^

Unfortunately I have to say that the addition of a marriage plugin for Massivecraft is very unlikely.

One of the basic principles of Rp in MassiveCraft is the interaction of players, rather than relying on plugins. Therefor we would rather like to see people actually holding a wedding in the cathedral than them just typing in a command. That way its way more fun for everyone too right ?

Of course there are many more benefits from such plugins, like "married couples" aren't able to hit each other and tping to each other. But most of them are already covered with other plugins, for example factions. There are also some functions we don't want the people to use, because it could give an unfair advantage. For example teleporting to your "partner" in PvP, that would lead to a lot of work for the Tech department that would have to code solutions for these problems and also make it compatible with our other, self developed plugins.

So in overall acting out such actions, like marriage or even a divorce in Rp rather than relying on a plugin is way more satisfying for everyone involved and gives an opportunity to develop one's character and get to know new people in Rp.

If you need help with arranging such an event, feel free to ask the Rp- or Lore-Staff for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.