Markus Stoneeater

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Martyr_321, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Martyr_321

Martyr_321 Gott mit Uns!!

Markus’ walk up music

Basic Information.
    • Markus Stoneeater
    • Race: Dwarf - Mithorrin Type.
    • Sexuality: Heterosexual
    • Weapons of choice:
    • Khazalitra Dwarven Axe
    • Khazalitra Octogon Shield
    • Steel shaft spear with Khazalitra Leaf Blade Tip and Khazalitra butt spike
    • Armor of Choice:
    • His signature Khazalitra plate armor.
    Skill Information:
    60 Proficency Points in Total.+10 Hobby
    +20 Pole Combat Proficiency (+20from points,)
    +10 Axes Combat Skill (+10 from points)
    +10 Shields Combat Skill (+10 from points)
    +20 Command Tactics Skill (+20 from points.)
    +10 Dancing Arts Skill (+10 from Hobby points)

Body Type:
    +10 Axes Combat Skill, + 20 Pole Combat Skill, + 10 Shields Combat Skill, +5 from Dancing Arts Skill, = 45 Physical Body Stat. (60 Max)
    45 Physical Stat
    Strongman.
    Very low body fat.

[​IMG]

Languages:
    Dwarven, (Father and Mother)
    Common, Learned upon arriving in the City. (Fluent but with heavy Dwarvish accent)

Special Traits,
    Soul of Hånfverk

Basic Information (Expansion)
    • Markus has just recently returned to Regalia and is currently looking for a job as a Mercenary, Noble House Guard, or a Commander in a Noble House army.
    • Markus was born in Skjor hold. He was born to Dokar StoneEater and Sigrid Hammersmith. Both of whom were notable fighters and blacksmiths. He aims to make them proud.
    Visual Information.
    • Eye Color: Grey eyes
    • Hair Color: Golden blonde
    • Hair Style: Either wears it braided or lets it hang out (Combed)
    • Skin Color: Pale
    • Clothing: Typically alternates his clothing instead of one outfit. Usually in a Dwarven style.
    • Height: 4'10"
    Visual Information (Expansion)
    • Everything about Markus' face is heavy. His brows are heavy his eyes are narrow, giving him an always pissed off look, his eyes are a flat grey color. His mouth is smooth and he has a cut that splits his lip on one side, but due to it's healing over time it's just a scar now. His nose his wide and looks like it's been broken many times. His neck is decorated with a golden torque that is actually worthless, as it is made out of gold pyrite and emblazoned with colored stones.
    • Markus' body is BIG, with muscles out the wazoo his body appearance is that of an Orc, a absolutely huge upper body, wide shoulders, big chest, big back, and a full on eight pack stack of abdominals. His legs are just as muscular as his torso, every muscle shows when he is flexing. In essence, he is epitome of Dwarf musclegod status. He has no physical dissabilities, but due to this, he's rather slow and his sprint is very, very good. He can charge fifty meters at full pace, granted it's not as fast as an Ailor, but it's almost amazing for a dwarf. His skin color is a kind of pale color but his brows have a weathered look to them, and he has laughlines on the side of his face that shows he's actually a jovial person.
    • Markus typically wears leather and furs. He wears a wool shirt under a thick leather jerkin, this jerkin is heavy and is lined with a bear that he had killed whistle traveling in Ellador. The leather jerkin is brown from cowhide and thick, being double layered for legal body protection, he does this on his top and bottoms as well. the bear pelt is cut in half, as to look like a cape that blows in the wind. The head of the bear he wears over top of a helmet. this helmet is leather and has four strips of iron that go down the front, sides, and back of the helmet, with a ring of metal around the base. This is to protect his head from any blow that may come unexpectedly. Jewlery, Markus isn't much for decoration, however, around his neck he wears a thin golden torque that curls around and around into a dragons head, it's made out of pyrite so it bends easily and comes off when he wantss to remove it.
    • Markus comes off as quite the booming voice, used to shouting down mineshafts and through loud underground cities makes it quite difficult to be heard without a loud voice. His voice is filled with confidence and power. His voice doesn't crack he speaks straight to the point. Markus speaks Dwarvish, and Common, the common has a very thick accent on it however.
    Personality and Abilities
    Option One
    • How would your character express Happiness and Contentedness?
      • "Hmn, time to kick off the iron shod boots and relax." Markus takes relaxing to a whole new level. Due to his work all the time, he best relaxes at home, taking off his boots and kicking up his feet in front of a small fire while smoking a pipe.
    • How would your character respond to experiencing Fear?
      • "Th' bloo'y void is tha' thing?!" Markus will try and make himself appear bigger, the strongman dwarf would try to make himself swell up as he roars in defiance. Trying to intimidate the opposition.
    • How would your character respond to experiencing Stress?
      • "Fockin' shi'e gotta ge' these or'ers done by 'omorrow er i'm done fer." Markus does not handle stress well, he sees every minor setback as one that might end his whole career.
    • How does your character view Law and Authorities?
      • "Well, yer jus' 'oin' yer job, and I won' s'op ye, go ahead an' search me." He sees the Law as something there for a reason, and he won't stop them from doing what they need to do.
    • How does your character feel about Races other than their own?
      • "Dwarves are deh bes'! Jus' come an' see th' me'al tha' I smel' an' prove me wrong!" He sees Dwarves as the ultimate race. He thinks they are the best at everything and he is not afraid to say so. But he will always stand by his words and try to prove himself right.
    • How does your character feel about Religion for themselves, and other faiths?
      • "Duindin pro'ec' yer loyal servan'. Fer I am abou' 'o do mine work in yer goo' name." Markus is a very loyal follower of the Dogma of Duindin. He prays in his house and sacrifices goods to the fireplace in order to keep Duindin happy and satisfied with Markus' faith.
    • How does your character feel about the Arcane and Magical in the world?
      • "Fock yer magic. Fock yer tricks. This spear is th' way 'o ge' i' done." Markus sees this part in black and white. If you use magic, you're a coward. Done.
    • How does your character feel towards their family?
      • "Ah, good. I's nice 'o see yeh all so happy." Markus is loyal to the death toward his family, part of his Dogma is always to take care of the Hearth and Home.
    • What is your character the most proud of about themselves?
      • "This'll be th' bes' axe ye've ever seen, if i's no', I'll throw in a dagger fer free." Markus is most proud about his work as a blacksmith. His hammer strokes are unparalleled each strike is done with precision.
      • "Ye all did good, lads an lasses, le's keep this up." His pride in his kin, other Dwarves, and their accomplishments
    • What motivates your character to move forward and better their life?
      • "This isn' bloo'y goo' enough.. go'a do i' again!" He always strives for perfection, Perfection in himself, perfection in his peers, perfection in his life. It's also one of the things that gives him the most stress.
      • "This thing'll be th' bes'! I's go'a be almos' revolutionary!" He's a weapons designer. For the past several years he's been trying to design a cannon to fit in hands of a man. He has designed schematics for scientific purposes but doesn't quite know how to make gunpowder, which would be useful in the situation.
    • What is your characters biggest insecurity?
      • "Wha'? I 'di'in' make this? I's no th' bes' piece I've e'er ma'e!" Markus' biggest insecurity is for one of his weapons or tools to be imperfect. For it to have the slightest crack or chip in the tool would be a huge dishonor in his eyes, and a sense that he had failed to uphold his own standards.
    • What is your character's biggest fear?
      • "Th' void ye 'alkin' abou'?! I'm no' afrai' o' nothin'.. excep' fer anythin' tha' 'as the abili'y 'o make me die slowly." Markus is afraid of a slow death. Whether it's on the battlefield or just being mugged at home, he doesn't want to die slowly. A slow death in his eyes would be one that takes days to a week and where he'd be in excruciating pain the whole time.
    Option Two
    • Character Alignment
      • Lawful Good, Markus will never break the law intentionally. His small frame wouldn't let him run fast enough away as it is.
    • Character Personality Type
      • Architect, Markus always wants to have a plan for everything. He wants to be prepared before he even makes a move.
    • Character's Religion
      • Markus is a devout follower of the Dogma of Duindin. He sacrifices some of his best weapons and tools to the flame.

Life Story.

Born in Grebor Hold in southern Ellador on June 30th, 266 AD. He was born into the Dwarven society where his parents had nothing, until his birth. In Markus, they were optimistic on the future and believed he would become something they cherished or so the soothsayer had told them. Even for a young person he was built like a small rock, his bones were hard and healthy, and he was a little round. His father, Dokar StoneEater was a former guard to the one of the Kings. His father was also a brilliant scholar but retired early due to injury he received. His mother Sigrid Hammersmith was a warrior and a healer. They all lived in a small stone hut on the far side of the city just by a mineshaft.

As Markus flourished and grew, he started training. The Dwarf practiced his skills in both his fathers and mothers trade. His blacksmithing and sculpting skills improving with every passing year. Then tragedy struck, his father died in combat when he was seven and eventually even his mother died from sickness in her sleep two years after the death of his father. His parents had earned enough in their lives that when his mother died, she told him that Markus' father anticipated for him to go to the when he was of the required age for Markus to soon train and become a soldier and leader himself. Being sent to a Dwarven Military school located in Grebor at age ten. He fueled himself by training and drilling in the military school. Perfecting the Shield, Spear, and Axe, becoming a Vault Warden in the process. He would soon find himself graduated at twenty. He was put in charge of a Dwarven Detatchment sent to fight off the Dakkar. He would go rally and lead more and more Dwarves into combat. His strength and skills developing at a tremendous rate.

His detachment of 50 Dwarves soon became 1000 Dwarves. By the age of 35 and he would go to lead them from the city. His Mithorrin Dwarves going Mercenary. Wanting to see the outside world and traveling around the surface. Fighting in wars for and against Ailor groups. By the age of 45 he was a master of warfare. He had earned enough in his life to finally buy full Khazalitra plate armor. His skills in battle being enough to be recognized in the heat of combat. Later, he left the group, sending messages back every year, his men continuing to be loyal to the absent Dwarven Leader.

After Markus left his crew behind, he headed to the coast. Strolling along the rocky beaches he came upon a town that had a large warff. Then he saw a massive ship. It was an Ailor merchant ship. He hopped on and asked about their destination? “Regalia.” One said. “Twenty Regals to ride along.” And so the ship sailed onward, not wanting to be delayed to their final destination. Regalia. His Bardiche and hammer still on his back, he’d buy a house in the city and store them. His weapons and armor now secure, he went to explore.

When he arrived in Regalia at the age of 46, he would shake his head at the unfamiliar streets. He wandered the city for two days, looking around the city and trying to get used to it again. Then he asked a Altalar named Armalla Feros where she would recommend getting food. So he took the few gold coins he had and got money, food, and a place to sleep for the night. The Altalar was a friendly companion. They ended up dating, and on the verge of their marriage, one short year later though she died of heart failure. The Apothecary said it was extraordinarily rare for this to happen and he soon transitioned into a less social person than his former self. He then went on to meet more people, more races.

Years of time came and went as he traveled back and forth to Ellador, keeping in contact with his battalion the entire time. The Dwarf becoming used to the traveling, he would wield his Bardiche and great maul in a furious storm as he fought with his company back home as much as he fights for his kin in Regalia. He has since returned at 63 years old, His entire armor set and weaponry with him and he is ready to work. He is currently looking for a job as a Commander in a Mercenary band and he's eager to start the next chapter in his life. Markus has now called in his Sons of Duindin Mercenary band. They, coming from their homeland, answer the summons of their Leader.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    #1 Martyr_321, Nov 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  2. AlphaInsomnia

AlphaInsomnia Inexplicable Explicative

Claimed for review.

3. AlphaInsomnia

Here is my review:
    • Metallurgy is capped at +25 for Dwarves, which is the highest of any race. You have 15 points to spend in other skills.
      • This will effect your body stat calculation, so remember to tweak that with any changes.
    Tag me with @AlphaInsomnia when you are done!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Martyr_321

5. AlphaInsomnia

Approved.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Martyr_321

@AlphaInsomnia I changed around my character stats and added a bit onto Markus' lore. If I could get this approved that would be awesome.

7. AlphaInsomnia

Here is my review:
    • Your proficiency points are at 70 total. Hobby points cannot be put toward combat or other skills, only the proficiencies specified as qualifying for hobbies.
    • The languages can only be those of the parents or dialects of the region. Genevaud is in the Regalian Archipelago, not Ellador.
    • Where, when, how did he learn to smith? Where, when, and how did he learn to command troops? You skip a major section of his life, a span of 15 years, with just a casual nod to it. But he comes back a smith and a military leader? Sounds like something that needs to be explained.
    • Skodje is referenced several times in the application, yet it's not listed as a known language.
    Fix these up and tag me with @AlphaInsomnia when you're done.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Martyr_321

9. AlphaInsomnia

"Markus speaks Dwarvish, Skjode, and Common..."

Please correct that final bit. Beyond that...

Approved.

10. AlphaInsomnia

@Martyr_321 I'll also note that you're not permitted to have Metalitra unless it was acquired through a progression.