Pending Review Make The Day/night Cycle Of Regalia Truetime

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by Nathan1012, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Nathan1012

Nathan1012 cinnamon

hey everyone,

while rping and reading the wiki i noticed the time frame for roleplay matches the irl calendar. to increase immersion to this, i think it's a good idea to make the day night cycle mimic a real world timezone (of choice) to Regalia. this could really encourage for more realtime roleplay, hence, if you ever want to have a night time event you can always use /ptime. as such, the rule of declaring roleplay time should remain (and all present players should agree on the OOC time, or it defaults to world time) (and ptime should be used for this), but otherwise, roleplay would default to the current world /time and day/night cycle!

let me know your thoughts, of course i'd love to hear everyone's opinion on this !

• Like Like x 2
    #1 Nathan1012, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  2. SilentLeopard

SilentLeopard ❤️

One issue is that some players in obscure timezones may excluded from either daytime/nighttime RP unless they're willing to:
    • stay up later
    • wake up earlier
    • skip real life obligations i.e. work, school
    But I do believe that the minecraft day/night cycle goes too fast in Regalia. We could probably benefit from a slower day/night cycle because it's unimmersive to begin RP during the night only for day to come like 5 minutes later.