Pending Review Make Regalia Hungry!

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by DrFong, Nov 15, 2019.

?

Should Regalia be Hungry Again?

1. Yes!

2. No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DrFong

DrFong The Knave of Rats

KCNctcC.png
    Currently, in the roleplay city of Reglia, Minecraft hunger is disabled. It has been disabled for a long time, but it didn’t used to be that way. Back in ye olden times, role-players used to have to eat in Regalia to stay strong. I think it was better and I will give you some reasons why.

• This creates a needed connection between Factions and Regalia. Regalians will once again need to rely on survival in order to eat and stay healthy. Much like the city must import a majority of their food, players will need to figure out how to get food and keep from getting too hungry.

• This will increase market business. People who don’t want to grow their own food in survival will once again need to rely on the marketplace for their next meal. Everyone knows very few Minecraft items are worth anything in MassiveCraft. Take a look at the market. It’s 300 clay for 1 regal. This would make sure that food is worth at least a little something to people who play in Regalia.

• It will offer a boost for Regalian restaurants and roleplay. Restaurants and Bars in regalia will once again be able to sell real food for real regals, boosting both the economy and business roleplay in general. It’s much more fun to spend real regals and buy things you actually need than it is to just pretend. Most role-players ignore eating entirely, which isn’t very fun or realistic.

• This creates another money/time sink. It's one more thing to spend money on and another thing to spend some game time doing. Players are always looking for something to do. Why not give them a reason to farm crops and animals outside of survival?

• If you absolutely refuse to eat food, you can turn on one of the many feeding traits. At least people would have the option to become hungry if they wanted it.

Let me know what you think. Do you think this is a good idea?

• Powerful Powerful x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Nitesho

Nitesho Hard truths cut both ways.

3. Kleinfolk

Kleinfolk cool beans

I may be wrong, but I believe FeedAlways was disabled, so it’s inconvenient for people that just want to Roleplay without worrying about hunger

4. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Doge of Helvetica

More realistic, is your character immune to hunger??? Lmao

5. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Doge of Helvetica

I think this is a fantastic idea and this is coming from a purely factions point of view and from someone with zero interest in rp, but all your points are valid and why not I guess

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. NebulaePrimo

NebulaePrimo The Everwatcher :powerful:

If implemented well, I think it would provide an enjoyable addition to rp. However, having to stop and eat every so often only works well for some kinds of rp. Trying to be sneaking but then having to stop and pull an entire bowl of soup out of your pocket to eat might not end very well and might ruin immersion rather than increasing it. Overall though, I'd be willing to try this for a bit to see how it worked before passing a final judgement.

7. HoshiWomp

HoshiWomp animal doctor number 211

As a roleplayer I think it would be really nice to support the Survivalists even if it's just food. Besides that, Food/Cooking RP is so common, it would be nice to be able to actually use and consume the prop food.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

A really long time ago, tons of roleplayers were against it, purely because regalia turned into an orchestra of crunchy and slurping noises with roleplayers mid dialogue rp just chomping on carrots, enticing players to turn off their MC sound.

This is not useful when the future progressions require players to listen to their surroundings.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Kleinfolk

Kleinfolk cool beans

I’d be up for this if the rate at which hunger occurs is reduced a bit, I’m fine stopping to eat ever now and then, but I don’t want to eating every minute, because it gets annoying fast.

10. MidnightRey

MidnightRey Ruler of the Abyss

I don't like this, hate it even. I wont be able to focus on roleplay if my entire inventory is filled with food...Our characters eat yes. It just doesn't happen in game in the moment. It would be very annoying to have to worry about going back and forth between factions and roleplayers. Never the less if your legit a 100% roleplayer and have nothing to do with factions. Or really know how it even works. I have no desire to spend money on ig food. Maybe this is something factions can do, but no. It shouldn't drag roleplayers down with it..Im only am in the shop for supplies to decorate my houses or to pay for my houses..

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  11. leafnosedbat

leafnosedbat juice thought. Supremium

I'm pretty neutral on this issue. I think Regalia would certainly benefit from a more tangible economy (and there needs to be some sort of consumption for that to happen), but implementing hunger in a way that is properly immersive would require something different from Minecraft's default.

Given that most enfranchised roleplayers are going to be using the official resource pack, the distracting sound of eating could simply be replaced by something more subtle within the pack. The actual hunger mechanics, though, might require a new plug-in. That's a much taller order.

12. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

As a player, I was content with the hunger back in the day. When my free bread was gone, I just turned on feedwater and grabbed a potion bottle from a random quest to use. Since water is everywhere in Regalia, it was easy to feed.

The only thing that keeps me from fully supporting any return to this was Marty's comment on the noise pollution. There was always a lot of OOC chat fits whenever someone started to slurp a bottle for "immersion." I wouldn't enjoy having them return, so I can't see this ever going forwards, unless there's a way to mute certain noises easily. And even then, it's just too much of a hassle.

Would I like it if RPers had to eat food in Regalia? Yes. Is it feasible to have that and noise-themed plot devices that are used in progressions? No.

13. Naganadel_

Naganadel_ Master Rank 17 Hunter of the Fifth Fleet

Weak.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Beetletoes

Beetletoes Regalian Prince

a long long time ago, like two or three regalias ago, some dudes n i hung out at the docks where the ships to the other worlds were. we would fish and sell them at one of the stalls. made for fun rp

that is all

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2