Archived Major Faction's Board

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

favoured

Pink Fluffy Unicorn
Reaction score
Faction
Zion
This suggestion may be a bit iffy, but ill make it anyway. I used to play on a variety of servers, most of them were "hardcore pvp" servers that allowed griefing, which just ended up with people griefing offline people. Yea, not very good servers. However on one server there was a fairly interesting thing they had. At their spawn was a list of the "major" factions on the server with a brief description of them. Now I know there may be too many "major" factions on Massive to list, but I was wondering if you guys could make a board like that at spawn. List the big major factions, and put a brief description of them. This would help new people find a faction possibly, and it could also let people get a better understanding of the Massivecraft world. I met a few people who were in minor factions that had no idea who the Imperials and the Coalition were. So I think that the board might help fix that.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
What would the line between a major and a minor faction be? There are lots of great factions out there with 3-4 people, then there is those who have 100+ people.

A faction that has effected the server in a large way, I would say.

How would it be decided who has effected the server. I can just imagine the complaints from people saying "its not fair, we are a more major than them, we have done more" there will be dozens of faction claiming they should be classified as major when really they have done nothing significant at all. Also if you put the names of major factions at the spawn more new people will join them and make the faction even stronger. This idea could work but I see to many problems occurring because of it.

yes, I see your point, and I guess this suggestion would be rather inefficient. I was kinda trying to make it so new people to the server would get a grasp at the scale of it. For a while I thought I knew the majority of factions on the server, then one day I went to spawn and saw TONS of leaders of minor factions recruiting. Right now Massive is like a few huge factions dominating, with dozens of smaller factions/fiefs trying to find a way to greatness.

yes, I see your point, and I guess this suggestion would be rather inefficient. I was kinda trying to make it so new people to the server would get a grasp at the scale of it. For a while I thought I knew the majority of factions on the server, then one day I went to spawn and saw TONS of leaders of minor factions recruiting. Right now Massive is like a few huge factions dominating, with dozens of smaller factions/fiefs trying to find a way to greatness.
And we need these small factions, because they give a good ground material of players.....sub-faction, bandits, traders and simple ressources gatheres.. we need the small ones ;)

For the suggestion:
1. No because of a horrible amount of complaints rolling on (stated above)
2. No because lots to do at updating for the staff.
3. Yes, why don't you offer this in a regalian house yourself? Why do we always have to be the ones realizing your ideas? Think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.