Archived Magic Plugin

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

_Boreas

Your local Goldfish baker
Reaction score
If there was a magic plugin It would enhance the role play on the server greatly. Although this plugin could be very over powered, it could be something only players with a staff aproved rp character get to use. Of course only the players of the characters that have the ability to use magic would be able to use the plugin, and they would only be able to use the specified magic in their char app. It could also be controlled if players character's had to be above a certain rank in order to use it. For example; an Ice magic could be limited for those of the caster level and above. if there was a cool down on using the ability It would also help greatly. for example, a fire mage can only shoot a fire ball every two minutes... Also there would be the problem of how the user would use their abilities, It would be pointless to have to type a command. I think that problem could be solved if the user had too left or right click with an item in their hand that represented their magic. For example a Ice mage of solid frost could have Ice blocks in their hand, Or a evergrowth mage could have a tree sapling or leaves in their hand. Or once they were given permission to use their specified magic, they would be given a special lore item that would allow them to use the plugin, that wouldn't be dropped upon death. Overall I think this would be a great addition to massive, and it would spice up roleplay greatly. If you have any questions/comments please feel free post below!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I feel like the topic of a magic plugin has been heavily touched upon, but how really would this help people? The PvP and RP environments are seperated enough that only a few groups would actively use it for PvP. The RP environment might get some more use out of it, but even then it would probably be very intensive and lag inducing. I'm no expert and this is just an opinion, so don't think of this as me putting you down, as I actually like the idea of magic in some form.

I feel like the topic of a magic plugin has been heavily touched upon, but how really would this help people? The PvP and RP environments are seperated enough that only a few groups would actively use it for PvP. The RP environment might get some more use out of it, but even then it would probably be very intensive and lag inducing. I'm no expert and this is just an opinion, so don't think of this as me putting you down, as I actually like the idea of magic in some form.

Yeah I can see where you are coming from, I'm no expert on the lag side of things either. But it HAS been heavily touched on meaning it could be something possibly used if they did decide too add something like this. And I feel it wouldn't necesarily help people, but enrich the role play experience I guess. Probaly should edit that in the OP.

Last I was aware, Cayorion was working on the magic plugin, unless it has gone to developmental standstill. To what extent the plugin would be capable of, I don't know. Either way, it is somewhere in development. Pretty sure anyways.

a good idea would just be to add particle effects and ranks to magic, this would keep RPers from using magic they shouldn't be able to do. and let RPers have a good idea of what people are doing. thats all, thanks

Last I was aware, Cayorion was working on the magic plugin, unless it has gone to developmental standstill. To what extent the plugin would be capable of, I don't know. Either way, it is somewhere in development. Pretty sure anyways.
It was cancelled/put on extended hold with the release of traits.

The problem with things like this is it will give the sense to new Rpers/new members to the server to god rp more and be over powered such as the 6ft tall tribal bird race, and if any of the particle or potion effects are available to those people who are new they would most likely spam it or exploit it such as the flying on bats and chickens when you could ride pets :P. Although IMO the moderators always find a way for the new features to fit in somehow so if they were to add it I'd think it would be cool.

I personally think a magic plugin is cool, but it should kinda wait until everything else is resolved. Cool, but low priority. Also, a lot of magics can be mimicked through traits.

Light Flash - Blindness Strike
Fire Ball - Fire Ball
Ice Magic - Stun Strike
Etc.

@FighterBoi
Mind explaining or removing the rating? I answered the question which was asked, and did so correctly. Don't really see what more there is to read.

u gave me the exact same rating that had no relevance to my post
You've done this a lot to people. You need to stop.
------------------------------------------
I'd love to see a Magic plugin. An interesting Idea is that in Regalia there would be only particle effects, and in the survival worlds, damage doing spells. Hottools or whatever they are called is a great idea; Would make it easier for PvP'ers to use it if they ever did.

You've done this a lot to people. You need to stop.
------------------------------------------
I'd love to see a Magic plugin. An interesting Idea is that in Regalia there would be only particle effects, and in the survival worlds, damage doing spells. Hottools or whatever they are called is a great idea; Would make it easier for PvP'ers to use it if they ever did.
i only did it to you , sephite and this fella . all 3 of u were rating my post any how

i only did it to you , sephite and this fella . all 3 of u were rating my post any how
You are derailing a thread to get back at people who didn't even create it. Grow up or piss off.

You should also delete your posts so the moderators don't have to clean up after you.

You are derailing a thread to get back at people who didn't even create it. Grow up or piss off.

You should also delete your posts so the moderators don't have to clean up after you.
They should not do things to others that they do not want done to them . And they began this , I would not even have started this

Please settle this somewhere else PM eachother... Thanks =)

If there was a magic plugin It would enhance the role play on the server greatly. Although this plugin could be very over powered, it could be something only players with a staff aproved rp character get to use. Of course only the players of the characters that have the ability to use magic would be able to use the plugin, and they would only be able to use the specified magic in their char app. It could also be controlled if players character's had to be above a certain rank in order to use it. For example; an Ice magic could be limited for those of the caster level and above. if there was a cool down on using the ability It would also help greatly. for example, a fire mage can only shoot a fire ball every two minutes... Also there would be the problem of how the user would use their abilities, It would be pointless to have to type a command. I think that problem could be solved if the user had too left or right click with an item in their hand that represented their magic. For example a Ice mage of solid frost could have Ice blocks in their hand, Or a evergrowth mage could have a tree sapling or leaves in their hand. Or once they were given permission to use their specified magic, they would be given a special lore item that would allow them to use the plugin, that wouldn't be dropped upon death. Overall I think this would be a great addition to massive, and it would spice up roleplay greatly. If you have any questions/comments please feel free post below!
There was actually /supposed/ to be a magic plugin in development, but instead MassiveMobs, the plugin we all absolutely /loved/, was implemented. #MassiveMagic2k15 please.