Maggy's Custom Dolls: Come See How To Get A Free One!

LadyLekku

Fiber Viber
Supremium
Reaction score
Website
knottymagpie.wordpress.com
Heya

So this thread will serve two purposes. One, to show off the dolls I make. I crochet a lot and dolls are about the most interesting things I design and do.

The second, and the reason for that click bait title, is that I plan to write some pattern guides and sell them as pdfs. But to do that I need a ton of examples and different styles of dolls to make, so I'm looking for interesting characters to copy. More on this below.

Have a look and hang out to talk about crochet :)

Last edited:
Doll Showcase

Here are some links to dolls I've made, you may recognize some of them!

Top two links are miniatures. The others are all large dolls about 10-12 inches. I'll be playing with new patterns and ways of doing things so they may look radically different in the future.​

Last edited:
Submitting a character design:

I'm looking for a multitude of things the reasons for which vary for super technical crochet reasons. Basically if nothing else just post your character so I can look at it, but know that I'll be picking and choosing what to ultimately make. Posting is not a guarantee you'll get your character made. I also will not give you an estimated time of completion as this is and huge project for me.

Here are some things I'm looking for. It is not a complete list, and may be edited. A character does not by any means have to have more than one of these, and some may not need any. It's just a brainstorm list of what I'd like to make patterns of. They do not have to be Massive craft characters.

- Interesting hair designs
- Characters who wear floor length dresses of any style
- Unique attributes like ear shape or small details
- Different styles of eyes and mouths to try crocheting
-Very stylistic color schemes or themes (creepy goth, country cute, fantasy fairy)

If you submit a character, you MUST read and agree to the following:

If you want your doll mailed to you, you will pay shipping. You will also have to give an address or PO box. DO NOT SUBMIT A CHARACTER IF YOU OR YOUR PARENTS ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THIS. I could be seen as trying to get personal info. So if you are under 18 I will need your parents to read this as well. Contact me for my personal email or Skype info and I can communicate with your parents directly. The security of massive players is a strong concern of mine.

Also know that your original character may end up published as a doll in my pattern book. Their design may be copied by other crochet doll makers. If you are uncomfortable with this, do not submit a character.

What to post:

Images. I don't need a lot of info or backstory, these are purely visual and mostly expressionless dolls. Please keep the posts short and sweet, I'll ask for more detail if I need it. If you do not have a complete reference image, you may post clothing, hairstyle, and other representative images which can be combined into a complete character doll.

EDIT: I cannot use images of your minecraft skin. The pixels are not enough for me to see any detail whatsoever. Please supplement images of your skin with actual reference pictures, thanks!

Thank you for your contribution to my books!​

Last edited:
Well these are impressively, and adorably, fantastic.

Here's some references of one of my possessed characters, should you decide to pick them :)
Wt4OQ4I.jpg
MFn3RJR.jpg
Feel free to change the attire any way you like. Creative freedom and all that.

Ooo, I'd love one doll of my character, Apollonia! Her character sheet with art is linked in my signature.

The dress i would like her to wear is is linked here https://namemc.com/skin/55b531ecee11ddfd (but without the shoulder padding as it's a temporary winter addition) and here https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/90/de/b9/90deb9f9422db0b8b8453ba6fe64ea9d.jpg
There's a reference pic of the outfit design that I'd prefer for you to base it off of! It's floor length.

Would it be possible for you to try out making freckles? Maybe adding an apple to hold in her hand? The eyes could be cutesy style because that somewhat suits Apple's personality.

Hi! I think I'll submit my character, purely because I think she'd be rather. Interesting to do. Namely, her haircut is probably something that'd fit under "interesting hairstyles" since it's a bunch of braids in an undercut-like cut. I'll get you some images! I'd love it if you could try her out; if not, no worries.
http://imgur.com/a/DJ9qL
That's a collection of a few images. 3 of them show her full outfit and all show her face, although some in more detail. Thank you!

Ohhh yes Maggy, I'm loving it. Heck, I'd pay for one of these.

I'll be submitting my older character, Atilio Amaya.
Here is every single up to date reference image I have of him: http://imgur.com/a/JRNpD
How this could appeal to you:
- Big ol curly surfer hair
- Long ass robes and wraps
- Burns. That'd be a challenge to put in
- Pegleg. You like challenges, right?
- Cool lookin colour scheme

Ohhh yes Maggy, I'm loving it. Heck, I'd pay for one of these.

I auctioned one once but I failed to complete it cuz life. Very rarely do I sell them now. I guess I could do the Marty thing where I charge after I make it. We'll see.

Also, ain't Atilio dead yet? Slippery bastard :P

I auctioned one once but I failed to complete it cuz life. Very rarely do I sell them now. I guess I could do the Marty thing where I charge after I make it. We'll see.

Also, ain't Atilio dead yet? Slippery bastard :P
He is dead, kek. This would've been something to remember him by.

http://imgur.com/a/7DWnw

Dahae Faerveren.

- Cielothar/elf.
- Colorful clothing, might be a bit complex. A twang bit of tribal.
- A happy, happy little thing.

Last edited:
I was quite hesitant to ask at first, though I really wanted to. This has really blown up and I can see why; it's quite a unique creation for characters and you can't blame anyone for applying, heh. They're also more adorable than PFUDOR o.o

I'd like to ask for a doll on Whitlock Carswell!

References:

6c4c469f12f2fdf5f990fdccfc58ff0bb.png
~-~
SkypePhoto_20160716_082613.jpg

Thanks for the references everyone! My yarn finally got delivered. I'm toiling away, as part of physical therapy for my hand (busted up my wrist pretty bad) and it does take time, but mark this thread and you'll see things pop up from time to time

These are amazing! Love it and where its going. Nice to see something different.