Archived Lower Shop Prices

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmchow

To be good you must have had to been bad.
Reaction score
Well recently tyguy550 reminded me that we even have a market so I decided to visit when I when there the amount of shops was less then 20% full I was wondering if we could fix the market by lowering shop prices so more people can fill them and increase market usage.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
+1 Support

I believe specifically the shops in the outer districts are far too expensive. There are less than 10 shops total (mine included) within ANY of the smaller districts along the perimeter of the market district. That is ridiculous. I loved how when the market district first came up, the smaller districts were filled, and often had some of the best deals! Now all of those people are either broke, inactive, or both.

+1 Support

I believe specifically the shops in the outer districts are far too expensive. There are less than 10 shops total (mine included) within ANY of the smaller districts along the perimeter of the market district. That is ridiculous. I loved how when the market district first came up, the smaller districts were filled, and often had some of the best deals! Now all of those people are either broke, inactive, or both.

I know what you mean, it is hard being an edge shop owner. However I don't think all shop prices should be lowered. I believe the edge shops, which make very little profit, should have a lower or the same price and the shops closer to the center should have a higher price than they already do.

Support
I would love to have a shop but they are too expensive

-If you mean the price of items, then No.

-If you mean the price of the actual stalls, then yes.

He means the stall prices... Did you read what he suggested?.. |-(..

-Don't try to be smug.

-"lowering shop prices" You really don't think you could get item prices from this?

-Don't try to be smug.

-"less then 20% full" I had a hard time finding chests that have stock in them, so I assumed he meant items.

-Don't try to be smug.

I would call that hypocrisy, but under these circumstances such a statement could very well be construed as hypocrisy.

-If you mean the price of items, then No.

-If you mean the price of the actual stalls, then yes.
He means the stall prices... Did you read what he suggested?.. |-(..

-Don't try to be smug.

-"lowering shop prices" You really don't think you could get item prices from this?

-Don't try to be smug.

-"less then 20% full" I had a hard time finding chests that have stock in them, so I assumed he meant items.

-Don't try to be smug.

BittaBoBittoBa
If you read the title and the first post only I can understand your confusion. However if you were to read all the posts before your own it would be clear.

... the shops closer to the center should have a higher price than they already do.

Being the owner of a "rich shop" i can spread some light on the profits from them. I sell very basic things like armor, tools and some other nice-to-have equipment. On a good month my income from the shop about 5000 regals. My monthly rent is 3000 regals. And my cost for the wares sold can be up to 50% of the sell price. Hence, i am making a profit of maybe 750 regals. To this add risc (in the introduction of Regals i lost a chest of diamonds) and the amount of time invested to restock.

A increase in the rent would not make it worth to run a shop. And judging from the number of rich shops closing down every month i would say i am one of the few lucky merchants who actually make some money.

The shops aren't being used because they are too expensive. They aren't being used because there is nothing to sell.

Sure you could open a shop and sell simple things like armor and such. But eventually your stocks will die down and you will not have the materials to continue supplying them. Thus ending your shop and money income.

This has happened to loads of the rich-shop owners. They run out of ways to keep their shop going and decide it is best to just close the shop down and avoid losing money.

The reason behind this all is because it is becoming difficult to gain materials in-game. You can go mining but that just becomes tedious and boring. And in the end the payout is not that great. We need a way to pump items back into the economy that does not damage it too much.

My idea would be to bring back the MCMMO fishing 'Treasure Hunter' perk, make the percentages of treasure finding very low and add in the trap system so it stops people continuously fishing. This is just my idea. I'm sure you as a community can come up with plenty more.

The shops aren't being used because they are too expensive. They aren't being used because there is nothing to sell.

Sure you could open a shop and sell simple things like armor and such. But eventually your stocks will die down and you will not have the materials to continue supplying them. Thus ending your shop and money income.

This has happened to loads of the rich-shop owners. They run out of ways to keep their shop going and decide it is best to just close the shop down and avoid losing money.

The reason behind this all is because it is becoming difficult to gain materials in-game. You can go mining but that just becomes tedious and boring. And in the end the payout is not that great. We need a way to pump items back into the economy that does not damage it too much.

My idea would be to bring back the MCMMO fishing 'Treasure Hunter' perk, make the percentages of treasure finding very low and add in the trap system so it stops people continuously fishing. This is just my idea. I'm sure you as a community can come up with plenty more.

Yes that would help as well with the items and such also it will stop people from afk fishing -sneezes*cowboys*sneezes-
and abusing the item pickup. But if both things with lower prices for the shop and more item income that would make buying things easer than before.

Being the owner of a "rich shop" i can spread some light on the profits from them. I sell very basic things like armor, tools and some other nice-to-have equipment. On a good month my income from the shop about 5000 regals. My monthly rent is 3000 regals. And my cost for the wares sold can be up to 50% of the sell price. Hence, i am making a profit of maybe 750 regals. To this add risc (in the introduction of Regals i lost a chest of diamonds) and the amount of time invested to restock.

A increase in the rent would not make it worth to run a shop. And judging from the number of rich shops closing down every month i would say i am one of the few lucky merchants who actually make some money.

Fair enough, I imagined the profit would be higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.