Los Protectores Dissolves

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Mad_Gadfly, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Los Protectores was established for two reasons: to defend the oppressed Daendroque community when they felt that the Violet Order was unapproachable, and to help Daendroque men and women with criminal records transition towards law-abidingness through the mercenary discipline enforced by the state. Throughout the existence of Los Protectores, the company effectively defended against credible threats against the Daendroque district, kidnappings against local employees, and assaults against members of my family by other members of other mercenary companies or gangs.

To repay a debt to the Violet Order's vote of confidence in our ambition to transition away from Daendroque gang culture through the establishment of a mercenary company, and when there was a scheme to invade the Graygate Castle, Los Protectores was there to help defend against the attack. Despite the criminal reputation that had been projected onto members of my family and the Daendroque community in general, even in spite of our most sincere efforts to show that nobody is beyond redemption, we answered the State's call to arms whenever it came.

Unfortunately, the general public is not aware of the many lies, fabrications, and schemes against my family's image. The general public has been deceived by powerful groups who resent us. When the former Mercenary Commissioner resigned, the only person who knew of the conspiracies against our image was gone. It is true that the incoming Commissioner may be briefed on the situation, and I have no doubt that they are reasonable enough to assess the situation accordingly, but other circumstances have motivated me to make the executive decision to dissolve the Los Protectores company.

Over the last few days, bounty after bounty, and warrant after warrant, has been signed against me and members of my family. Though it is true that I committed actions that would beget some sort of consequence, I deny legal responsibility. Many of these acts were committed under a mercenary contract, even if those contracts are illegal, and we are thus exempt from criminal liability. Nevertheless, the arrest warrants remain.

The truth is, my family and I are quite exhausted from constant legal battles and struggles against the Violet Order. We wish no harm to Emperor Alexander's reign, nor the Chancellery, nor the Noble Assembly, nor the State. However, successful rumormongering and false accusation tactics have resulted in a negative image which makes law enforcement more prone to pursuing actions against my family. Our mercenary work, which we engage in so that we may put food on the table and protect our kind against the aforementioned threats, has been twisted by vindictive actors so that we are prosecuted for things that mercenary law allows us to do.

Finally, I will soon be a father, Eloi will soon be married, and I would not like to follow the trend of Daendroque men being murdered or executed before their children can be properly raised. Therefore, it is necessary for us to step away from activities which, although legal, have proven to present as threats to our social and legal standing in the Crown Isle.

Thank you for your understanding. I hope that you will take this as the apology that it is meant to be. I deny that we are the people that rumors have made us out to be, but I do not deny that we did not do a good enough job at not giving you a reason to believe such rumors. I hope that you will find it in your hearts to forgive us as my family turns to the Unionist Church for spiritual guidance, as we turn to continue our work with El Gustazo instead of Los Protectores, and as we focus our ambitions towards the defense of Daenshore.

To those who find themselves out of employment due to the dissolution of the company, I encourage you to register a new company under the incoming Mercenary Commissioner should you desire to do so.

• Powerful Powerful x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

“Finally it’s acknowledged they didn’t give much evidence to the contrary...perhaps this is a chance to change. May they go on to practice better actions,” Biriq cheers giving a soft smile.

3. HeyItzAPotato

HeyItzAPotato rip me out the plastic Premium

“<Sof> I know that they’re trying to start their little Daen revolution or whatever, but this shit is going to get Eloi and Simone killed by the end of it. Regardless, I worry for them.” he sighed, and tossed the paper into the trash.

• Powerful Powerful x 1