Lore Theory: How Big Is Aloria?

Discussion in 'Roleplay Discussion' started by G0atfather, Aug 23, 2019.

1. G0atfather

G0atfather The G0atfather

To start our calculations, we need a basis for which to start our calculations on. My basis is that Regalia is 3.9 million miles squared. Regalia, according to the map on the geography page, looks to have approximately the same length and width. I’ll be using this approximation to make calculation easier as if we assume Regalia has the same length and width, they come to 1.9 million miles. The map is 3450 by 2550 pixels, and Regalia is about 185x185 pixels.

To Calculate the length and width of Aloria I simply divided 185 into 3450 (18.6) and 2550 (13.7) and then multiplied each result by 1.9. This gave us a length of 35.3 million mile and a width of 26 million miles. Multiply these together and you get 917 million miles squared. This means that known Aloria is over 4 and a half times larger than Earth, which is 196.9 million miles squared.

If Aloria had the same physics as Earth -obviously it doesn’t- than the average person would weigh over 600 pounds. To truly understand the scale of Aloria, simply look at the map and remember this: Regalia, that very small archipelago, is the size of Europe. Aloria is huge, but it’s much larger than that. Assuming that Aloria has an equator and that the further away you move from said equator you get, it gets colder, Known Aloria can only be a minimum of half of all Aloria. Sendras is a hot jungle, likely close to the equator.

This means that Aloria is at least 1.8 Billion miles squared. That’s almost 10 times the size of earth, but it get's even bigger. There is only a small variation in the length and width of known Aloria (Relatively speaking) and so, if known Aloria spreads from the north pole down to the equator, it's likely only about a quarter of Aloria as a whole. This makes the size of Aloria about 3.6 Billion miles squared. That's 18 times the size of Earth. The average person would weigh over a ton on a planet the size of Aloria, if the planet had the same density as Earth.

Since Aloria seems to have around the same gravity as Earth, it's density must be much less than that of Earth. I attempted to calculate the density of Aloria based off of the information above, and information about Earth, but I couldn't get the math quite right. If someone else wants to calculate that, please do.

In the end, Aloria is clearly a gigantic world that far exceeds the size of our own. Are my calculations accurate? Probably not, but it was fun doing them and even if they are wrong, Aloria is still huge based off of the relative size of Regalia to known Aloria alone. One might even say that Aloria is massive.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
  2. Kleinfolk

Kleinfolk cool beans

• Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Educated Educated x 1
  3. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

Why would Aloria have the same gravity as earth? And of course, the gravitational constant of the universe that Aloria is in may be way less, which would result in the force of gravity being much lower, which would normalise the weight of people.

Considering acceleration due to gravity is proportional to the gravitational constant (6.67 x 10^-11 in our universe) and the mass of the object, the gravitational constant in the universe of Aloria might just be far lower than that of our universe, which would normalise acceleration and thus normalise weight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Entityze

Entityze Straight outta DBD

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Miss_Silver

Miss_Silver The Best Ithanian Princess

It’s worth noting that, as far as I’m aware, the continents map is years out of date and shows the Regalian Archipelago as considerably smaller than it has since been rewritten to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

The size of the world constantly fluctuates to compensate the change in direction and the scope of the roleplay atmosphere. In the future Aloria can get bigger and smaller, who knows. I do enjoy these theoretical things though, even if the numbers arent meant to be thought about to much.

What makes a world like Aloria possible? Magic. And I mean that legitimately. With magic being so much more prevelent in past civilizations and even stronger the further back you go, why wouldn't it make sense that this world is held together by magic or was formed by magic? Maybe gravity was proportional to earth's and a past species or divine being used magic to shift the effects of gravity on the population allowing everything to form in comparison to earth. Maybe it's why the Altalar are so graceful and thin. And then gravity was made heavier due to magical influences. Also Dragons. They've been proven to be the most powerful race in existence so dragons totally did something.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Lizmun

Lizmun yeah Staff Member Lore2

aloria is flat.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Entityze

Entityze Straight outta DBD

Just like the earth

9. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

You're flat.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  10. Q1ntum_shot

Q1ntum_shot Definitely not a serial killer

I swear I saw one staff member say something about it being the size of Europe but maybe I’m wrong

11. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

More of Aloria is found whenever explorers generate new chunks. Obviously.

• Like Like x 1