Lore Story : A Dreadful Day In Daenshore (p4)

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by DogVibes, Mar 21, 2021.

1. DogVibes

DogVibes

A Dreadful Day in Daenshore
    Part 4 - "The Final Stand"
    [​IMG]

“If you know what’s right for you... You’ll drop your weapon...” The monstrosity’s voice emanated out.
    Sivo would get a smile on her face upon hearing his voice, she'd slam her fist on the door to the chamber. "Fuck yeah!" She'd call out excitedly upon her husband's words. It wasn't the first time, nor the last time, that she would be saved yet again by the Cratos. A damsel in distress, although she wouldn't admit it. The guard, on the other hand, did not comply. "Come fight me face to face, demon!" He would demand, his confidence breaking slightly in his voice. The horrific scrapings of metal would be heard as the Monstrosity would step in. A Clocktik Warhammer made by his Sariyd Attendant. And eyes of wanting nothing more than Vengeance. “I give you one warning, and I may spare your life. Drop your weapon, and hand me the keys to the chamber. And no one else will be hurt...”

The guard would call out. "I do not fear you! If you want the keys, you will need to take them from my cold, dead hands!"
    “You disappoint me.” Rhys would say, as he’d swiftly swing his warhammer to the temple. The guard would hold up his shield as the warhammer swung for him, being sent to the side slightly from the force of the warhammer. The shield cracked slightly under the pressure. He would push back against the warhammer with a grunt of effort, attempting to jab his sword towards Rhys' shoulder. The sword would jam into the Monstrosity’s Shoulder, the Cratos letting out a growl of pain as he’d let out his belt ability. Having the fear toxin surge outwards and forcing the guard to gain hallucinations. While for Rhys, he’d store his emotion of fear into his Sariyd Attendant… Practically unharmed by the hallucinations.

As he breathed in the hallucinations, the guard's eyes would widen slightly. He'd look around, completely shocked as he swung his sword around in fear, leaving him completely open- however it may be a little dangerous to approach him. Rhys would use the method of the range of his warhammer to his advantage, taking the moment to slam it against his temple yet again as he grumbled, “Fool...” The man would be thrown off his feet, knocked unconscious as the weapon slammed into his helmet with a loud clank. The Mist ending and the Sariyd Attendant sputtering out in fear, The Monstrosity looked for the keys upon the limped body, to no avail. He would scrape over to the Chamber, trying the door.

The Chamber would be unlocked, but unfortunately, as the curing chamber does, Sivo was far too fatigued to exit or even really walk on her own. She'd be leaning up against the door, and as it was opened, Sivo fell forwards, tilting herself to the side to catch herself without injuring her arms. "Op- well... What is this, the second time you saved me from something like this?" She'd chuckle. Rhys would dispel the warhammer using the Attendant. It took the course of a minute though, because the Attendant was still freaking out from the hallucinations. Sivo would attempt to get up to her feet, moving up to lean up against the wall. "I-... Hold on. Give me like... A couple of minutes to recover..." Rhys would shake his head, “We don’t have time. I’m carrying you.” And he would do just that, yoinking Sivo and heading off and as far from the Church as he could.

She would be carried with a huff of protest, however she was far too fatigued to fight back. Upon them getting away from the church, she'd have likely gained her strength by the time they were in safety, scrambling out of Rhys' grasp to get back to her feet. "Thank you... Where's Barik?"
    “... I don’t want to talk about it...”
    "Did Diego- did he do something to Barik?!"
    “Please just drop it.”
    Sivo would nod her head, putting her hand on the Monstrosity's shoulder comfortingly. "Did you get our stuff from the house?"
    “Not yet..” He spoke back, as he took her hand, gently placing it away from his shoulder.
    She would allow him to move her hand off his shoulder as she simply crossed her arms instead, nodding. "You go do that, please. I'm going to go do something I should have already done."
    “No, you’re not going to do anything. I promised your mother I wouldn’t have Diego hurt.”
    "/You're/ not hurting anyone." Sivo would turn to walk off.
    Rhys let his hand out, chains grappling her right back to Rhys, "Sivo... /No/! I'M NOT LETTING YOU DO THE SAME MISTAKE AS I DID!”
    "This is not for me, Rhys! This is for her! I don't fucking care what happens to that asshole!"
    “He is all she has left Sivo. If he’s gone, your mother might leave too.”
    “She told me that she needs him to keep a smile on her face. She misses your dad, and he’s all that’s left of him.”
    Sivo would pull away from him. "He's NOTHING like my father!! My mother is living a lie and she needs to wake up. My father was honorable and kind. He never disrespected her, not ONCE!"
    “And if she doesn’t wake up?!”
    A squad of guards were patrolling nearby. "I heard the commotion over there..."

Sivo would curse under her breath, flattening her ears as she lowered her voice to a frustrated whisper, "She has to." Rhys would move away from the patrolling guards. Putting a hand on Sivo’s mouth to be quiet. Sivo would forcibly remove his hand from her mouth, shooting him a glare. However she did not speak, her tail lashing, quite irritated by this entire trip. The guards would glance around the area before moving on. They did not notice the two Sanguine. As they left, Rhys spoke back up, “Let’s both grab our stuff... And leave... I don’t want to be here anymore.” Sivo would offer, "Or... You grab our stuff and wait at the boat and I'll take care of what I need to before we go. I don't want to be here any longer then I have to, but I need to settle this. I won't kill him." Rhys would stubbornly say, “No. We’re leaving together. I can’t grab all of it on my own.”
    "Then grab your stuff and I'll meet you there." Sivo would back up away from Rhys, her legs slightly becoming transparent as her Mythic Shift forced upon her form, allowing her to be immune to any form of rooting. Rhys would demand, “No. You’re not hurting the idiot!"
    "I'm only teaching him a lesson..." She'd say, continuing to back up. Sivo would then turn to rush off from him, bounding down the street, her tail waving with confidence.

“Idiot..” He uttered, as he’d move onwards to the home. Sivo was blissfully unaware, her mind made up. She was going to get revenge on her brother. Her mother, although a backstabbing fiend in her eyes now, will be safe from his grasp. Eventually the Von Kërle came across the junkyard, her crimson eyes surveying the area for any sign of Barik. Spotting his head among a pile of rubble, she would rush to him. Sivo would attempt to dig out his body when his detached head fell over, dropping at her feet. The Ailor would jump, letting out a yelp of shock as she did not expect that. Clapping could be heard behind her, a slow, mocking clap and Sivo would dart around, unsheathing her sword in a swift motion as she pointed the tip of the sword out towards the figure. It was her brother, glaring at her. "You escaped. Bravo. Your metal man might be more clever than I thought…"

Sivo would let out an angry tiger-like roar, flattening her ears. "Why the fuck do you hate me so much?! What did I do to you? What did he do to you!!" She would point her sword towards Barik's head before pointing it back at Diego. Diego would take a step back, unsheathing his own sword as he slowly circled her, his eyes locked on her form as he held out his own blade towards the Von Kërle. "You're both demons, and I'm not letting you tarnish the family name! So… if I cannot get you cured, then I will simply cut you down where you stand." Diego took a large step forwards, slashing downwards with the short sword, his jaws clenching. However, Sivo was skilled with swordplay. She would parry his sword, a loud clank ringing through the junkyard as their swords clashed. "You will try."

Diego would let out a yell of frustration, swiveling on his left foot in a spin as he tried yet again to slash his sword against Sivo's side, when she cut him off mid-swing with her own sword, another clank ringing in their ears. The swords clashed against each other again and again as he attempted to kill his sibling, both Brannon Ailor not even seeming to break a sweat. Sivo would say in a mocking tone, "Can't kill me if you're unskilled, brother…" Diego would let out a growl, swinging right against her, it would slash against her skin and she would let out a pained cry. Diego grumbled, "You will not call me 'brother', you do not deserve to use that word, leech!" The Von Kërle would glance at the slash on her arm, letting out a tiger roar of frustration as her tail lashed, she'd push in on Diego, finally fighting aggressively.

As she pressed on, her skill was obviously greater than his. She would get parried for most of her hits, however getting a few cuts in on him on her own accord. Diego would press in on her, the two taking unintentional turns of offense and defensive roles, they were both immensely bloody but for every equal strike Sivo planted on him, another one of her own wounds healed. It was obvious who the true victor of the fight would be, unless she slipped up. And a slip up he would receive from the Von Kërle, one of her footing moves were off and she got a slash across her chest, letting out a roar of pain as she recoiled in pain. In a final, angry slash, Sivo would swing outwards towards his hand, cutting it clean off before clutching her chest in pain. Diego would let out a scream of despair as his hand was cut off, dropping to his knees as his sword fell to the ground with a final, loud clunk. Sivo would, clutching her rapidly bleeding out chest in pain, perform a final strike on Diego, across his chest in an attempt to… not die.

He would let out another growl of pain, falling forwards, unconscious from the shock and blood loss. Her own chest wound would stitch itself together rapidly, saving her life. María would rush on towards Diego, dropping to her knees next to her as she let out a cry of distress, looking back to Sivo. "Did you kill my boy?!" She would demand in Daendroquin. Sivo's heart would race in panic and fear as she realized what she had done, her sword dripping with the blood of her own family. "I- I… he-... I'm sorry, I didn't mean-" Her mother would cut her off, "-No! You wanted this! You ripped our family apart! You are a disgrace to the Driss Family name. I never want to see you again!" María would exclaim, distress and pain in her voice as she clutched onto her son. Sivo took a few more steps back, taking a shaky breath before she just turned tail and ran. She ran… and ran until she reached the doorway to the house, bursting through the door.

Rhys would be just in utter defeat in the house. His heart sunk, and silent. His face dug into the blanket of the bed. His knees on the ground, and his arms wrapped around the top of his head in despair. Sivo would take a few steps for the Qadir, taking a deep breath as she swallowed her own trauma. She would kneel onto the ground, putting her arms around him. Rhys didn't even seem to notice she was there. This feeling of isolation struck Cratos in his sorrows. He didn't know where to go, or what to do anymore. He felt broken. As if he had lost a piece of himself from the destruction of The Clocktik Musaeed. Despite him not really noticing, she'd keep her arms around him, swaying him gently side to side comfortingly. It broke her heart to see her husband this way, a tear rolling from her eye.
    There was a rather long silence, until he shifted his arms away. Looking behind him to Sivo, and forcing a smile to try and prevent worry. He'd attempt to move away from her grasp to take a stand… however she would not allow him to stand up. He was staying right there in her grasp.
    "Let me go.. I'll be okay." He muttered quietly.
    "No... You're not okay..."
    "I will be."

She would not budge. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I shouldn't have let you come." Sivo would say, her own eyes welling up with tears. "It's... It's not your fault. I should've expected it. It'll be alright, I promise.." Rhys spoke comforting words to attempt to calm her down. Though he himself was as shattered as his days within the Vlathorian Court. He felt helpless, and felt as if he had ruined everything. Rhys shifted to face Sivo if let, and would place his hand upon her wounds. Healing them over the course of a few minutes. Thoughts clouding his mind. And pain inflicting him for his thoughts on what had happened. Eventually, he spoke again, "Let's-.. Let's get out of here please, I don't want to see this home anymore.." Sivo would allow him to turn to face her, although she kept her arms around him. "I feel like this entire thing was my fault... It was my idea, and I... I let you come, when I knew that was a terrible idea..." She'd say, before nodding her head. "Go ahead and gather your stuff... I'll get together my stuff. Before I go, however, can I say farewell to an old friend?" Sivo would let go of Rhys.

“Who?”
    "Midnight... I saw her on the pastor when we came here. But she's obviously at the end of her days." Rhys gave a nod, and began to gather his things. Sivo would get back up to her feet after her wounds were healed. She'd gather up her own things, taking the sack with the head off the ground. She would wait for Rhys at the doorway.
    Rhys slung his back behind him after he grabbed what he needed. He’d head out without a word. Almost running out by how much it pained him to stay there. Sivo would follow after him before trailing off towards the pastor where the black horse with white and grey flecks stood. It looked old, and very close to death. She would approach the horse. "Midnight?" Sivo would say, brushing her hand against the side of the horse. The horse stopped grazing to look at the Ailor, bumping her head into Sivo's hand. "Good girl. Thank you for everything you did." Despite all that, it seemed the horse was simply waiting for her master's safe return before accepting to pass on. Midnight seemed to recognise the Von Kërle. Rhys asked quietly, “Could we bring her home?” Sivo would shake her head sorrowfully, "She's far too big and too old. It would likely depress her to take her with us, out of her natural environment at this age... I doubt it." Rhys gave a nod in response

The Daendroque would put her hands on the sides of Midnight's face, resting her forehead on her horse's, as a final embrace shared between a woman and her horse. Rhys related to the pain Sivo felt. Though, seeing this had him remember that he never said goodbye to The Musaeed.
    The horse would huff, shaking off it's fur before going back to grazing. Sivo would back away from her old friend to go back over to her lover, taking a deep breath. "Alright... Let's go home." They would head over towards the boat then, as they were safe on the boat, already on their way home, Sivo would examine her husband for wounds. He had a stab on the shoulder. But at the time, he didn’t think much about it. And the stab was rather shallow. Sivo would take his hand with the healing gauntlet, placing his hand to his shoulder... I have something you might want." Rhys looked to her with a hint of curiosity. But stayed silent. As his wound healed, she'd hold his hand to it with one hand, sliding the sack out between them with the other.

Rhys leaned down to see what was inside while Sivo would follow as to keep his wound healing. As he looked inside, it would be Barik's head, one of the eyes were shattered, and a dent in the side, but besides that, it seemed intact. Rhys’s heart sank ten folds at the sight, he’d mutter, “Look what I’ve done... Where else will I go now...” Rhys brought his hand out of the wound, regardless if it was healed or not. He would grab the helmet with both hands, and would hug it tightly. Sivo would allow him to do so, despite the wound being mostly healed but not quite yet. "Only direction to go now is up, my love." Rhys’s tears would stream down his face. He’d say, “How can I go up if there is nothing to get up with... I have failed...” His voice was shaky, and his eyes couldn’t bare to see his creation now in shambles. Sivo would put her hand on his chin, guiding his chin to look at her. "Rhys... There is always something to get up with. You haven't failed anything, nor anyone. Failure takes two things: the mistake, and then acceptance. Don't choose to fail, keep moving."
    She'd pause a moment. "You're a Tech Prince of a coven that looks up to you, you're a hero to some, a terrifying, undefeatable construction to others... You cannot give up, be strong, for them."
    The Cratos' soft brown eyes were pained, but determined as he spoke once more,
    “Then... It’s time I best become what I must be…"

As the two broken Sanguine sailed on the seas back towards the corrupted place they called home, they would both be doing what they always did… endure, overcome, conquer. And the two came back to Regalia stronger then they have before. The Qadir and the Ailor, as the world fucked them over, they would stay as strong as they possibly could. As the sun retreated over the ocean, turning the seas a deep red, ending the day with sorrow and pain, but also… hope. A new hope that could bring upon the two a fresh start with the closure of their dreadful past. Just another day in Daenshore.

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2