Lord Chancellor Delmotte: Treachery

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Arhbi, May 22, 2020.

1. Arhbi

Arhbi Peacemaker Supremium

[​IMG]
    By Official Decree of Lord Chancellor Delmotte
    22 - 05 - 308
    His Eminence, Lord Chancellor, Prince of Pays-Sud, and Grand Ducal Elector of Basta-Irvelle does here address a most contemptible conspiracy unfolding in the Crown Isle of Regalia.

On the same day of the publishing of this edict I have hosted numerous meetings, each with the purpose of deliberating on how the Regalian State can best address the needs of the common people, and to improve the welfare of Regalia as a whole. Political meetings of this nature are draining and tedious, and never are they sweet. But never before has a topic so sour been broached during one of these meetings. It was revealed to me that a most unsavory plot has been brewing between both the nobility residing in the Crown Isle and even the foul and undesirable criminal underbelly.

What is the nature of the heinous scheme you ask? Treason. A plot to launch a violent coup against the Regalian State so that the good and decent people of Regalia might suffer under the oppressive rule of a man who cannot even read. It is because of such that I do declare the following individuals wanted for treason, with the exact law in breach being:

"
    To violate the safety of the Regalian State, and to harbor intentions to seize with armed forces the civil government, and with adequate presented proof, is punished by quartering."

1. All Marienritters
    2. All members of House du Albion
    3. All members of House Playero
    4. Count of Vlissinghelm, Hengest Harhold

The Regalian State shall be impounding the Estate of noble House Harhold until a resolution is met. All residents are to immediately leave the Estate grounds, lest they be reprimanded for trespassing on State property.

I am benevolent enough to permit you to rectify this poor decision. Submit yourself to the authorities and accept detainment in Krakenburg. Refuse this offer and the non-noble perpetrators, when they are inevitably caught, will be summarily executed.

On an unrelated matter,
    His Grace, March-Elector Dietrich von Drachenburg, has been appointed as the State Representative of the Belliards Guild, and has been given the right to moderate the use of Puretek inside the Crown Isle of Regalia.

Signed by,
    His Eminence
    Lord Chancellor of the Regalian Empire
    Prince of Pays-Sud
    Grand Duke Elector of Basta-Irvelle
    Louis Delmotte
    [​IMG]

• Powerful x 35
    • Cuddles! x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Immersive x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. MrNoot1

MrNoot1 Let there be Noot

William Alexander wondered upon the streets of Regalia, sighing as another notice would be put up. He'd step forward with a raised eyebrow, in which he'd go deliver a copy to the Conclave. "Perhaps we need to speak about the Marienritters. And now.. Harhold follows a similar fate as the Kehlens.. I remember them all too well. Perhaps I can try and save Wolfgang's soul from this madness and make him understand reason. Maybe not."

Bjorgulf Haagenvig stood at the ready towards Greygate, ready to bring in the traitors of the Empire.

Crassius Carwell sighed greatly as he'd look upon the notice, shaking his head. "My.. how this city has fallen."

#2 MrNoot1, May 22, 2020
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
  3. MippyMoo

MippyMoo Resident Sad Corpse Man

A small Cielothar passed by this, giving it a read. Her eyes widened in recognition once they landed upon the bolded name. A hand came up to her mouth as it dropped open, and she stared at it for a moment before continuing on. After a few more moments, she removed her hand and tightened it into a fist.

“I should have known,” Yathanae cursed herself. “He was rotten since the day he had me beaten.”

o7

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. SignoreScafuto

SignoreScafuto MassiveCraft's token ethnic

A particular Villiers-Eclaire smiled in bittersweet wistfulness at the latest victims of the Delmotte administration.

"Delmotte stopped liking Harhold after my family and theirs agreed to peace in the Veer Wars, it was rather inevitable. Spirit grant Harhold the patience to deal with such matters. He's the willpower to deal with a Chancellor first expanding the definition of treason, then simply charging people who want him out of power, but perhaps not the patience to do so. Other than Ulric Typhonus himself, this is simply the new cycle of Chancellors. Amicable, efficient at first, and as their reign progresses, they slowly and slowly deteriorate. Sad, really; if things continue in this way, it's only a matter of time before his power is curbed and his legacy tainted by excesses of power."

• Powerful Powerful x 4
  5. SnashuuPomaymay

SnashuuPomaymay lol die

Tiray, having been delivered such a notice by one of her colleagues, leaned back against her Isldarrin companion as she skimmed the notice. It took her a bit to speak her thoughts aloud.

Well,She murmured, I can say I don’t disdain everything the Chancellor’s done now, even if I am tired of all the treason accusations these past few weeks- be them true or false. Playero and Marrienritter both deserve this, after some of the bull they’ve pulled. Abel grew understandably bored of Playero after so long— and poor Cal.. looked so tired the last I saw her.

@notjayp

• Like Like x 3
  6. festiveCorvid

festiveCorvid Product of German Engineering Premium

A certain disgraced Admiral sat within his chair, a grin cracking across his features as he read over the paper. He'd hum lowly, turning to a Szabadok within his office.

"My, my. Thank you, Your Eminence! All of my enemies, knocked down a peg in one fell swoop."

• Winner Winner x 5
  7. Caduceus_Clayy

Caduceus_Clayy "Something will be here"

A small image of a Nelfin in a wolf mask had been drawn below, alongside a speech bubble that lead to him, which had withinThe consumption of the rich and stupid has begun.

Lyal wandered past, then walking back to eye the notice. She smiled...a chance to hunt this scoundrels who had hounded her before over her race. Legally she could now kick their asses, or at least arrest them...maybe both.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  8. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

Milo read over this and snickered quietly. "Am I asleep or am I reading that the Marienritters are getting kicked in the arse? Usually when I return from a trip something bad happens...This isn't bad I hope. For people like me, perhaps."

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Vivamente

Vivamente An Unfortunate Scotsman

Sigvard's gaze turned onto Theopold, his brow perking as he finished reading over the announcement and placed it down between them. He took a sip of tea and sighed. "We should pray for them, regardless of their crimes."

@Nathan

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Ailethi

Ailethi neighborhood milf lover Supremium

Emmeline snickered softly time herself, kicking her feet up. Eventually she turned to her father, humming. “Treason seems so common around these parts. It’s a bit sad, don’t you agree?”

@festiveCorvid

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Goldifish

Goldifish texan (derogatory)

"I could say something profound and meaningful about this, but there is no one to hear." Adelaide mused over a cup of kaffee in her living room. "They can arrest and beat all of his men, but all they do is further his platform. Ideas can sometimes be the most dangerous enemy of all; nearly unstoppable, infectious, and invisible."

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ellimairy

Ellimairy Sophia Du Polignac

"Well.."
    A certain ithanian spoke as she read the annoucement.​

13. 8914

8914 civilian_scream(3).mp3_ooeeee

A certain fifteen year old walked along In the Wraith, after just having manned the bar there - despite not actually being employed. A notice would somehow, inexplicably wind up all the way down there. Morgan picked it up with his wooden stave, glancing over it briefly.
    "Isn't this the same asshole who burned down the Yanar forest? Can we just get a new top guy already? Fuck, man. Whadda' think, Red?"

@Faithenia

14. Faith_Bug

Faith_Bug Mirror Thrower

The same little redheaded Altalar would have been with Morgan, raising a brow with the boys words, blinking while her nose scrunched up but couldn't help but have her usual smile, "Not too sure, it isn't like I can read common so I have no clue what this flyer says. Either way, I agree with you!"

15. Nathan

Nathan Regalian Patrician

Theopold Kreiburg did not reply. The tired Genevaud headed up the steps to his sleeping couch, collapsing onto it and falling asleep momentarily.

• Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1