Lord Chancellor Delmotte: The Inquisition

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Arhbi, May 10, 2020.

1. Arhbi

Arhbi Peacemaker

[​IMG]
    By Official Decree of Lord Chancellor Delmotte
    10 - 05 - 308

His Eminence, Lord Chancellor, and Grand Duke of Basta-Irvelle, Louis Delmotte, does here address The Inquisition, and the incidents which have occurred on this day.

Earlier this day I was requested to attend Greygate Prison with the utmost haste, for reasons which were described to me as a meeting between The Inquisition and Old Guard charters. Naturally, I assumed the worst, and it would prove that I was justified in my suspicion. A demonstration of unprofessionalism and wanton violence had preceded my arrival, to the likes of which I simply could not ignore. For the following reasons, I have reached the conclusion that the Inquisition is dissolved, effective immediately.

1. The assault of Captain Kalmar of the Old Guard, by an Inquisitor.
    2. The assault of Commander Kaya Sorenvik of the Iron Watch, by an Inquisitor.
    3. The attempted murder of Lieutenant Commander William Arnyn of the Arcanum, by an Inquisitor.

Each charter has been instructed to detain those who are responsible for the aforementioned crimes and to dispense the appropriate punishments.

Furthermore, the reasoning for the Inquisitions dissolution is also justified for actions prior to today's events, which are as follows:

1. Engaging in duplicity with Baroness Milena du Brierust; Accepting bribery in the form of alcohol at reduced rates for the Wunderbar, in return for ceasing the Inquisition's investigation into House du Brierust's criminal activity.
    2. Repeatedly interrupting the investigations of other guard charters, and perverting the course of justice.

It should, however, be mentioned that not all members of the Inquisition are guilty of the aforementioned misdeeds and that it was merely a few spoilt apples who ruined the bunch. It is for this reason that I have decided to not prevent any Inquisitors from resuming the course of just and honorable guardsmen, which I implore them to do by applying to any of the other charters.

Signed by,
    His Eminence
    Lord Chancellor of the Regalian Empire
    Grand Duke of Basta-Irvelle
    Louis Delmotte
    [​IMG]

• Powerful x 52
    • Immersive x 2
    • Educated x 1
    • Cuddles! x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

"Ave."

• Powerful Powerful x 7
  3. Nicomachean

Nicomachean

Aldebrand read the edict

"They deserved it."

He kept walking.

• Powerful Powerful x 3
  4. Yoggery

Yoggery Quiet and Falling

"<K-E> Thank the void! You gotta see this Shalia!" an enthusiastic glee of a Saivale as she pretty much shoved the notice into Shalia's face.
    @Brit<3

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. TalkChat

TalkChat Thank you! And goodnight.

Commander Kalmar looked over the notice, the man had quit drinking long ago- now he raised the mug of Anglian Blackbrew to his lips, taking a slow dip as he said "It isn't over..." he idly mused in an undertoned voice. His gaze flickering over Raghthor, craning his head to one side as he spoke out in his usual gravely tone "Though, Jared is right, you know? If we didn't push them- it wouldn't have come to this." he said, finally- admittedly in the confidence of his brother, lightly bowing his head.

• Powerful Powerful x 7
  6. MidnightRey

MidnightRey Ruler of the Abyss

A certain Kathar looked over the notice, eyes gleaming with victory and slight excitement.
    "It's about time they got rid of them scumbags!"
    He went to the sewers and found Anya reading on the couch in the library as usual. He went to pass her the paper.
    "Look at this. They're finally gone An. Think we should do something to celebrate? Or do you still think this war is far from over?"
    @FlossyBerryRene

Shirina Davenport read over the notice, commenting simply.

"Its about time we got rid of them. No longer will the name of guards be driven into the dirt by them."

A Yanar calmly read over the notice, going to show it to the Archblood beside her on the couch with a low sigh.
    "Have they all just become fools? Idiots? Or something else? To think I once respected these men. Truly, dishonor on all of them. Respect is earned, not gained by position."
    @Legoclub22

Seriously tho, can we all agree?
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...708898532853022830/20200509_161434_edited.mp4

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    #6 MidnightRey, May 10, 2020
    Last edited: May 10, 2020
  7. minecraftsman03

minecraftsman03 Matt_DayMan

Oscar simply looks, smiles, he puts it in his bag and walks off.

8. Brit<3

Brit<3 Chief of the Damned

Looked at the paper as it was being shoved in her face. “Yes I see, I see...hmm well they have acted out a lot, it was just a matter of time”

9. DipliPsychi

DipliPsychi your server farmboy

Rolf looked at the post for a while before walking by because he can't read.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

“Okay. So, where’s the ‘New’ New Inquisition since this one is gone?”

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. TonyBones

TonyBones Coffee addict

A certain Sundail would pass the notice and read it briefly

"Hmm. Guess the God's justice is finally coming around. Now, to witness the aftermath." The Sundail would growl and then smirked before continuing on his way.

12. MrNoot1

MrNoot1 Let there be Noot

William Alexander had begun to step through out the city, keeping upon himself as he'd stop at the new notice. He'd move to copy the notice and take it to the Reverend Mother and the High Reverend of the Church of Solidarity. "I knew that this day would come. However, I never expected it'd be like this. Assault on two different charter commanders? And Assault on Arnyn? Spirit keep us safe."

@Iknay @KK134

#12 MrNoot1, May 10, 2020
  13. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

GGDCA#AAACA#AG

A#AA#AA#GA#AA#AA#G

• Powerful Powerful x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Burner_Flames

Burner_Flames The Last Weismann

Exuro read it over a few times before sighing in relief "It's finally over"

• Like Like x 1
  15. Northern_Ireland

Northern_Ireland Official Account for the NI Secretary of State

Breathed out, the man exhaling the grey tabacca smoke as he did so. The Genevaud opened his remaining eye at the long crack of thunder. "Faster gents, faster!" he'd shout over the hurling sounds of rain upon stone and the cracking of white thunder. He gestured with the flick of his wrist before his men- all of whom seemed to be lugging sacks, clanking metal clad within each beneath the rain and sleet.
    The past hour had been a troubling one, the man thought before he took a quick swig from his canteen- eyeing at the grey outline of Greygate beneath the night sky- 'I preferred The Stronghold,' the man thought to himself. He panned to his side, spotting the wagon being loaded with all manner of goods, he watched his men- his loyal men... there was Church, the silent man who stood so loyal for all these months. My prefect Aldebrand, as powerful as he was quick-tempered, Keen- my second in command and a true asset to the cause... all of them good men, men that serve loyally.

"Wolvard- what now?" uttered the Genevaud to his side- Otto. "The wagon is loaded, we're ready Inquisitional Lord od Albion..."

Wolvard turned at his new title, peering to the man as they both headed to clamber aboard the back of the carriage- bundles of hay masking the weapons of a new age- a new start.
    "Worry not Otto. We burned as a flame- the moment we lit those books on fire. We burned hard, we burned bright, and in time we burned out." he'd gesture to Greygate, "These lot know as well as I that this isn't over, they insulted us thrice, I drew the line when one of our own were to be killed for their holy devotion. For now, let us rest- be assured that this cause we dedicate our lives to cannot be snuffed out by the acting hand of bureaucratic fools who'd sell their loyalty for a fat sack of coin. No, Otto- we are a candle."

"We will burn again."
    @diedonny @HeyitsNano @Capriciousllama @Farly108 @believer

• Powerful Powerful x 12
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #15 Northern_Ireland, May 10, 2020
  16. river_essence

river_essence It's morbin' time.

The Altalar next to him chuckled, gently grabbing his arm as she read the note. "Aye, I wonder what that'll be like. Hopefully painful.." She smirked, before following after him.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  17. Farly108

Farly108 Lanky Leg Extraordinaire

"Aye sir, We are with you, to the bitter end." The man said as the lot of them rode off towards a brighter future for them all. Otto didn't know where the road would lead them, all he could say was "Ave"

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    #17 Farly108, May 10, 2020
  18. 8914

8914 civilian_scream(3).mp3_ooeeee

Church stomped along the wet pathways, hauling fat sacks of curiously metallic items on his shoulders being the hulking brute he was.

The half-race pulled his hood down for what felt like the first time in ages, allowing his vibrant green-blue eyes to show.
    He'd be wearing the black Inquisitorial armor, knowing full well there was no going back.

Church brought the sacks down into the wagon holding pause only when he heard a rustle In the woods. Turning, his crosses chimed.
    Staring back at the fading figure of Greygate, the Executioner recalled how he'd almost decapitated William Arnyn.
    A smirk, ever so faint appeared on his face. Next time, he wouldn't have gotten so lucky. The brute hopped onto the end of the carriage.

As the carriage began to ride off to a
    FIRM DAWN a whisper parted the killers lips, soft and faint.
    He said only one thing, a term he'd learned from a certain Executioner prior to him.

"Semper Invicta."

• Powerful Powerful x 4
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #18 8914, May 10, 2020
  19. Beleiver

Beleiver I'm a Believer

ok

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"...I'm off to drink."

He'd say, going to make his way to the Nook, to drink away his sorrows. He usually tended to only drink wine- but tonight, there was a reason to drink to something stronger. He'd slump down in a chair, and use the remaining money he had on his person to buy a bottle of vodka. While drinking, he'd give a toast- "Ave," to his friends he's met on this journey, ready to stand with them again if the time ever came.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  20. Legoclub22

Legoclub22 The Antagonist's Right-Hand

"...Ironic. Then again, I swear everything in this city is. I wonder what happens now?"

21. Mortisian

Mortisian The Flesh is Weak, the Machine is Strong

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  22. Iknay

Iknay

A cloaked man read one of the copies of the declaration . "And there goes the Jacobin uprising."

Head Reverend Wilhelm Hiberson read a copy delivered to him by the Curate William Alexander and sighs. "Can we just have an Inquisition that'll do its job right and not try to break the law behind the Chancellor's back? I pray that the Spirit will keep us safe in these hard times."

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  23. Jcboi5

Jcboi5 professional meme-lord who does mineman rp

A blue cloaked warrior, after hearing the news, said only a one thing, “Good. May they stay dead this time.”

24. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

"That man yet walks this Earth unpunished, I will hunt him if only so Arien can say her piece and he rid of the Pain he's caused her" the Url says busying himself devoted to the new task at hand.

25. Caduceus_Clayy

Caduceus_Clayy "Something will be here"

A Nelfin man who was deep in his cups within the Nook eyed the post, hiccuping before sayingYes the Inquisition are dead...but it’s really the Marrienritter’s I need to kill.Before standing up and making his way off, eyeing the Old Gods temple briefly, before continuing on, donning his wolves mask.

26. Speedl0rd

Speedl0rd getting closer

"Let's hope the city finally fucking learns from this and makes this the last inquisition.."

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. FlossyBerryRene

FlossyBerryRene Meow!

"They fall to temptation so easily" The librarian said while having a smirk on her face.

28. Anseran

Anseran Ifrit Enthusiast

Osira the Inquisitor hummed gently as he gradually removed his armour within the walls of Greygate. For the last time he would remove that purple cloak, the last time he would brandish the colours.

The Cielothar smiled calmly, muttering beneath his breath as he put the armour away "I tried to stop them both. Alas, my actions are as much similar to the citizenry begging the Inquisition to stop - Deaf ears were what my actions fell upon. To preserve and defend this charter. No more" he exhaled, "No more will others' names be dragged through the mud by those who'd defend criminals," he'd nod to himself as he turned, to leave out the front of Greygate where he'd receive praise from an Old Guard, and where he'd give thanks for the charters disbandment to Jared Luchs Kade; the man he did not know, but who the Nelfin witnessed in the room with the Lord Chancellor, before slinking off to write his application to the Old Guard.

@LumosJared

29. Athelois

Athelois visceral bitch

Valarosta pinned the notice to the inside of a door further into the sewers, ensuring it wouldn't slip or roll up into its original form.
    "They've lost their legal backing," she started, turning toward the Kathar within the cistern, "but men like this will not stop until they die. You have the right to defend yourself against their attacks and you will do just that. Be on high alert, travel in pairs or in trios. This is far from over - the war is simply on even footing now."

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  30. FeralGayWalnut

FeralGayWalnut Lesbian Worst Enemy

A soft hum escaped the Paladin as they cleaned their blade. Their somewhat torn eyebrows rose as their scarred features puckered and accepted the missive from the schilder who plunked down beside them. The humming continued as their eyes danced with mirth over the recent proclamation. “Ashes to ashes, my dear. Ashes to ashes. Let us see who rises and who remains as such, hm?”

And without further comment, the humming continued as they set the missive aside and went on back to their weapon tending. The folly of men was always the death of the Inquisition, the Harbinger had found. That and constant in fighting.

31. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

upload_2020-5-10_11-16-13.gif

• Agree Agree x 3
  32. skullpanda90

skullpanda90 Sleeping Extraordinaire

Breanna breathed a sigh of relief.
    "Thank the spirit. It was a mess.
    "Although, I wonder what will rise in its stead..."

33. Timetotalk

Timetotalk

A man in a hood made of bear-fur would just chuckle at this 'Decree' he sees on one of the many boards of Regalia, "So funny...seems even those Scrap Irons (Guards) fight among themselves. And they call -us- the 'creatures' that are weak and fragile in mind..."

Another roar of laughter escaped the large fur-clothed man as he tossed the Decree in a bundled piece of paper on the floor as he left through the various alleys of the city.

• Like Like x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  34. Nirnro0t

Nirnro0t Always smirking

An Altalar panned to the fireplace as she received the news, she was silent a moment before she raised her whiskey glass to her lips, “It’s not enough for the things they’ve done, and I doubt it’s all over, but,” she glanced to her companions, a delighted grin that was almost a smile lightening her pale features. “It’s a damn good start.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  35. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

omg she didnt smirk

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Educated Educated x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  36. Chapstxcks

Chapstxcks Knight

From within his home, finally returning to the life around him instead of being inactive Vakgu would read over this new notice, his lips curling upwards against his tusks to smile. Not a grin, not even a smirk, but a smile. The information presented brought the Nōthorc quite a bit of joy, taking a few moments to reflect on the beatings he gave to the charter, going as far as to crack open a whisky and drink from it, despite being unable to feel the affects. Finally, he stood up, making his way through his garden as he spoke to the nature that surrounded him “They didn’t put the sick animal down, they simply moved it to infect a different herd. This animal is not one to lay down, to know it’s time is done. Instead, the animal will get scared, but now it is scared without a leash. Prepare.”

• Powerful Powerful x 4
  37. Cipherition

Cipherition Welcome to White Space.

"... So what punishment did they get again? Oh right, nothing" Arien growls, tossing the paper away. Sitting up from the desk, she pulls on a small string. A box falls from the underside of the desk! The Si'hai pulls out two vials, each filled with a deep crimson liquid. "I may need the power sooner rather than later. My duty is to the people, and if the Lord Chancellor won't get rid of the Inquisition..."

"I will, no matter the cost."
    Arien hesitates for a moment, looking back down to the two vials in her hand.
    "No- Patience. You need more intel- There has to be another way."
    She glances to the picture and flyer on her wall. A portrait of a large black dragon. The flyer, though old and yellow, tells of the Arken threats from long ago.
    "... There may be no other way. I'll have to think on it more."