Archived Local Moderators

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Mightor

Warlord and Architect
Reaction score
Faction
Crusadous
Kingdom
Holy
My suggestion: Add Local Moderators on the Forums

How this would work: Players could apply to be a local moderator for a certain section of the forums. This would give them permissions such as locking threads, creating stickies, moderating for flame, and everything in-between. They would not receive in-game permissions or anything special. However, when they post in their specific section that they L-Mod in, maybe their name color would be different (Maroon perhaps) to indicate that they moderate that section of the forums.

Why we need this?: Certain players are very forum active, and with their experience they know the rules of the forums. Staff can't be everywhere at once, and currently no staff positions are "dedicated" to just forum moderation. By splitting up the duties to different sub-sections and handing out local moderator ranks you can:
1. Enable a quicker response time to flame or any other rule breaking
2. "Trial" potential future staff members in a forum moderation rank to evaluate how they interact with the community (More explained on this below)

How would this be implemented?: Firstly, you would keep the forum sections how they are currently, but add local moderators to each different section. I would divide these local moderator groups based on the job they have to do. For Example:

Market L-Mods: They would moderate the "Massive Marketplace" and "Massive Auction House"

General L-Mods: They would moderate any sub-forums under "MassiveCraft General", "Feature and Idea Suggestion" and social forums.

Faction L-Mods: They would moderate the "Faction Announcement" and "Faction Recruitment" sub-forums.

Build L-Mods: They would moderate the "Builds-Show Off" section, as-well as attract more attention to it, as it is new.

PvP L-Mods: They would moderate the "MassiveCraft PvP Central" sub-forum.

RolePlay L-Mods: They would moderate the "MassiveCraft RolePlay Central" sub-forum

These L-Mods would also be potential ladder ranks into a full staff position. So, lets say you want to be a game staff, then first you might consider finding an L-Mod rank in the Faction category. This way you could "prove" yourself to the staff team, and since it is through the forums you are able to be more closely watched and evaluated. L-Mods could basically act as stepping stones to aspirant positions to full staff ranks.

Market L-Mod >>> Game Staff
General L-Mod>>> Direction, Info, and PR Staff
Faction L-Mod>>> Game Staff
Build L-Mod>>> World Staff
PvP L-Mod>>> PvP Staff
RolePlay L-Mod>>> Lore, Quest Staff

This could also be backwards compatible. For example, all world staff would be automatically made into Build-Show Off L-Mods, and all PvP staff would be made into "PvP Central L-Mods". The reason I would like this added is because I feel it is very hard to get noticed by the staff through a simple application (especially if you are new). An L-Mod rank would allow for players to do more self-moderating of the server and let the full staff focus more specifically on what they need to do.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is not needed, we have mods that look through every thread and pay close attentions to threads that may produce flame.

Unless a XenForo plugin exists for this we can't really do it.
Since there is forum moderators already. I believe this would require a lot of mangement, by having some moderators help and direct others who can then only do a limited amount of tasks. So if there is a lack of forum moderation, I believe forum moderators for the entire forum would be the way to go.
If you want a way to get noticed by the staff, then I can tell you that the staff is always looking for skilled people. If are skilled at something which can help MassiveCraft, then prove it (build nice things, contribute to lore projects, help in help chat, be positive in the PvP community, or whatever relates to tgat department) and make an apllication, MassiveCraft would like your help.

I feel local moderators are unnecessary. Between Ha5h cleaning up threads where they belong, and me dealing with severe negativity if it ever happens, we don't need anyone else. Massivecraft's forum, despite it's side, is really really peaceful and not needing much moderation.