Lifeguard Decree Of June 26, 309 A.c.

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Hemingway7, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Hemingway7

Hemingway7 unenlightened centrist

On the Milais Retreat
    The Lifeguard Executive commends the nobility for its tactful deployment of House Guards.

The Lifeguard Executive issues a notification of esteemed commendation to the Duke Reverend Roul Cadieux and his palest Isobel Lykke. Miss Lykke has served the Duke Reverend honorably, faithfully and consistently, and the Duke likewise has witnessed his palest’s vices and flaws and worked to help the miss compensate for them. These two are undoubtedly examples to the rest of the peerage seeking to make proper, dignified use of their palests.

The Lifeguard Executive also commends House Howlester for the Gallovian Royal Guard's conduct at the retreat, and for its investment into its sworn palests.

On House Guards and Palests
    The Lifeguard Executive encourages houses to employ honorable and consistent men and women to defend them. Noble houses seeking to swear in palests may reach the Lifeguard Executive by letter to arrange an administration of the Oath of Palestry.

Additionally, all House Guards must be registered with the Lifeguard Executive by July 2 by formal letter or they will be dismissed, their weapon and armor privileges disbanded and their presence at formal noble functions barred.

Finally, the Lifeguard Executive acknowledges the failure of one Wesley Crawford and terminates his arrangement of Palestry to the honorable Duchess Haeddi van Hal, on grounds of dereliction of duty. Wesley Crawford is furthermore barred from serving as a house guard and as a palest until repealment.

On Conflict at Crookback
    The Lifeguard Executive encourages any and all citizens of Regalia with information on noble house guards or palests inciting or partaking in violence at the Crookback checkpoint to immediately report said instances immediately to the Violet Order and Lifeguard Executive.

###​

OOC:
    Hey guys, just wanted to pop a message here. While Howland is pushing for more presence and activity with palests, I understand OOC (more than most, with a full-time job on a flex schedule that demands odd hours) that real life takes precedence. I am not expecting a full commitment to have nobles and their palests attached at the hip 24/7; that's just not feasible, nor fun! I'm willing to afford as much leniency as necessary OOC so long as there is a perceivable "presence" of a palest in Roleplay; whether it is guarding, acting like a secretary or steward or going on missions on behalf of the noble. Remember they're your most trusted friend and can do stuff on your behalf! Feel free to message me on discord with questions or to set up meetings with my character. If you're concerned about inactivity becoming an issue due to IRL commitments, please reach out--there's a balance to be struck between IC ideals and OOC obligations that I am happy to work with you toward.

• Winner Winner x 7