Dated Let's Have A Fresh Start - Wipe

Discussion in 'Factions' started by z1z0u, Jun 22, 2018.

?

Do you want a WIPE?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. z1z0u

z1z0u Premium

Hello everybody,

I've been playing on this server for a really long time and it never had a total wipe ( I mean everything , from maps to mcmmo and money ).
    Yeah, I know it's awesome to have lvl 245434 at mining or to have the max cap at axes/ swords/ unarmed etc... but where is the fun ? I mean ... sometimes it gets boring and that's why a lot of players left the server. Why would you stay if the competition is over ... you need to have something to do not only to build.

That's why I want to ask you something ... would you like to have a total wipe ? Money, mcmmo , factions , and other advantages ? ( Premium will remain ).

I really think that if the server will have a total wipe, players will come back and they will start again playing, we will have again wars and manny other things. And for the new players they can compete with old players.

Look at this as a thing that will revive MassiveCraft.
    Best minecraft server I every played!

Good Luck

2. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

From my own player perspective, I would be in favor of a wipe but there is no consensus within the community as of right now that indicates any want for a wipe. Sure, it would be nice and all but the Game Department wouldn't wipe MassiveCraft Survival without express knowledge that the playerbase actually wants it, which we currently don't have.

3. z1z0u

z1z0u Premium

Yeah I know ... But it would be nice , as long as MassiveCraft have all email adresses of all players registred on forum, to send an email to everybody making this anouncement and having a pool about wipe, that's how they could have a really good view about players wish.
    Btw. this is email marketing :D I'd be glad to help them with this

4. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

Nope

If you wipe the server, you lose one of the most important parts about our Faction worlds- history

(plus there's the fact that no one will be assed grinding back to high stats and gear and will likely just jump ship to another server)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

The majority of the faction players that chose this server, chose it for a reason.

One reason, that is very prominently listed on the website and all other forms of external PR advertisment, is that you keep your builds forever. If you stay active you can keep your stuff forever. If we start doing Wipes we lose that group of people

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Constructive Constructive x 1
  6. Tom3409

Tom3409

Wipe it all! Survival is dead beacuse people dont have shit to do besides PvPing and building. Grinding mcmmo and items made people actually play hours upon hours! @zac and @winter you guys wouldnt know as you guys are pretty much freshies

7. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

As one of the people who uses PayPal to buy Regals from players, it's a no from me

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Zacatero

..I've been here for 3 years

9. Tom3409

Tom3409

My point exactly

10. Chay_

Chay_ Regalian Pioneer

Idk, I feel like a lot of people believe that wiping the server will magically fix all of its problems-- but things like factions and resources have been made up from years ago when there was simply a bigger and more motivated community to fund it. To start from scratch would be completely different to how it started all the way back then, and it'd leave a lot of people dissatisfied for a long time.
    Maybe I'm underestimating the activity of the survivalist/PvP community, though.

11. Herecy

Herecy Demon king & Founder of Wrath

If what I’m building currently got wiped I would 100% move on from the server and I imagine so would the rest of my faction. We’ve put months into what we’re doing and while I would have been for it before, there’s no way in hell I’d support it now

• Educated Educated x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. GenericNerd

GenericNerd Regalian Pioneer

I would like to bring up that many players(factions and RPers both) do not earn money the "Let's grind mobs" way, but instead provide services to the community such as creating wonderful pieces of art, skins, writing stories, etc.
    Asking staff to strip people of their money is like writing to the government going "Hello, I would like every hard working man woman and child to lose their money so we can get on equal playing fields."
    Frankly, I would expect there to be a huge uproar and mass leaving if all of these hard working people were stripped of their payment.

While, yes. It could be fun for those that interested in such thing as MCMMO, many people aren't affected by that, dare I say, the majority of the server?
    This idea seems to serve a very lesser percentage of the player-base, as, I have read through the replies and all of them are Factions players nearly all objecting to this.

A total wipe is a decent idea, one that many servers do when they are running dry, but I would like to think that our staff and player-base have the ability to bring life and joy into Factions without the need to flatten everything everyone has ever done.
    Imagine going on a week/month vacation only to see you have literally nothing; would your view-point still be that a mass wipe would bring in more players?

Anyways. This is mostly just the mindless ramblings of a GenericPirate who doesn't want to focus in class. Have a great day!

13. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

Story time.

On a server I was staff on before, this same issue came up. We had large vaults of thousands of diamonds, and the economy was controlled by only 4 players. Players were getting tired, and a map border meant lots of land was getting used up.

Eventually, I made the argument to the owner to reset the server, something that was never done before.

The aftermath was the exact opposite of what I thought would happen. Players who spent months on the server now wondered where their builds went, and many of them just said screw it and left, because there was nothing else on the server that was keeping them. Eventually, this led to a completely new player base replacing the old guard, and while that server did implement a better map later on, they never deleted the old worlds.

So the take away point is that a complete wipe would indeed fix the economy and such, but every player would be back at the beginning, forced to grind to get to where they were. In an era where the only thing keeping some of us around is our legacy builds and collections, a reset would essentially kick us off the server to pursue new activities.

So, no to a reset.

Now alternatively, having a new map with separate everything is a good idea, as there is no drawback besides staff work. But do not remove the old worlds else face a mass exodus of anyone who plays survival.

14. z1z0u

z1z0u Premium

So ... yeah .. I get all points of view , some of you pays with $ for regals , some of you worked manny hours and the impact of the server ...

That's why I'd do a mass pool for the server and if 75% of players agree, wich a doubt , then let's do it ...

At this moment , the only thing that could revive MassiveCraft would be a new monetary system ... and what do I mean ? ... We need some new taxes, and to increase faction tax per claim (I don't mean by 10 regals... just in tiny amounts , like +2 regals)... etc.

I see it as the only one solution instead of wipe, it would get players to increase theyr activity... I just miss raids and those great wars

Btw. we are having here just a discussion about if it's a good ideea or bad and maybe we can think about something to make it better. So don't start any fight, everyone has the right to say it's oppinion.

15. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

What's your ign, if I may ask?

Also, I've been on the server 4 years. That's not "being a freshie"

EDIT: Nvm, hi Sirvan

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    #15 Winterless, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  16. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

Every server I've ever heard of that did a full wipe died shortly after.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  17. Zacatero

Well it looks like we are getting a wipe lol

18. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

not a full one though and things are being salvaged.

19. Zacatero

True

20. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

While we were never in favour of wiping the server, as you can see, it happened due to a chain of events that led to the legacy server being shut down. I'm going to lock this now, as it is no longer relevant.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.