Archived Leather Robes

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

kylevaters

Ranger
Reaction score
Roleplay Guilds
Archery Guild
I think that ut would be nice to turn the leather armor texture into a leather Robe, I think it would help for RP mages, wizards, or witches. Like from a lot of movies you see wizards/witches whom are wearing robes, cloaks or what ever you would like to call them. I just think it would look nice for RP and it would be fun tot ry something different.

Water mages: Blue leather = Blue Robe
image.jpg
Frost mages: White leather = White Robe
image.jpg

And so on... I also think you could go into deep detail and put some signs of wizard or witchcraft on the Robes. If you would like to go into more detail start a chat with me.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Ah- For example, changing the leather Helmet to a Leather Hood in the Massive Texturepack?
That could be easily done, and the rest of the armour wouldn't even need edited.

For current items, like "Winter Hat" could easily become a "Winter Hood" or cowl.
Me Likes This ^_^
+1 Support :)

Ah- For example, changing the leather Helmet to a Leather Hood in the Massive Texturepack?
That could be easily done, and the rest of the armour wouldn't even need edited.

For current items, like "Winter Hat" could easily become a "Winter Hood" or cowl.
Me Likes This ^_^
+1 Support :)
It would still require people to have OptiFine, if it is even possible.

I don't use optifine and everything is still fine for me.

My new character is a mage and he isn't even wearing anything close to being one. People can have their own taste of fashion y'know.

Why?
All you'd need to do is change the texture to a hood instead of the current hat.
Because of the minecraft limitation.
There is 5 sets of armour
Leather
Chainmail
Gold
Iron
Diamond
There is 1 texture for leather (except for the colouring). So all leather htas look the same. Unless you use optifine. (idk if OptiFine has that feature, maybe it can't).
All of this can have changed, but i doubt so.

Leather
Chainmail
Gold
Iron
Diamond
There is 1 texture for leather (except for the colouring). So all leather htas look the same. Unless you use optifine. (idk if OptiFine has that feature, maybe it can't).
No, he's meaning replace the leather armor in general.

It is here for debate. You can always disagree it doesn't matter.

I would put a vote thing up there if i knew how.

Leather
Chainmail
Gold
Iron
Diamond
There is a mod included in mcpatcher (optifine most likely has it too) that allows multiple textures for items and armor depending on their name, meta-data, or NBT data. Adding the robes as a variant of leather armor is very much possible.

Leather
Chainmail
Gold
Iron
Diamond
But... I said change the texture of the hat to a hood...
That wouldn't need Optifine...

But... I said change the texture of the hat to a hood...
That wouldn't need Optifine...
Then it would require all leather hats to be that texture. You can't do it on individual hats without OptiFine (as well as i know.)
There is a mod included in mcpatcher (optifine most likely has it too) that allows multiple textures for items and armor depending on their name, meta-data, or NBT data. Adding the robes as a variant of leather armor is very much possible.
Thank you, so it is possible. But still not everyone has optifine.

+1 Support

We need to get some mods into this, it isngetting intense.

Well you must realize, the Guard and the brute force uses leather armor for rp, so that wouldn't work for them since most of them are not mages, and you need to realize that many mages don't want it known that they are mages. And many people have tastes of their own just like @phon_senajan said.

As stated above, numerous organizations use the dyed and colored leather armor as part of their uniforms. Another problem that arises with this is the stereotypical belief that mages are always clad in robes which, to me, has always seemed rather silly. Most magic requires hand gestures, and a large bulky robe would hinder some movement required to do this. Imagine being a fire mage, and failing with a fire ball that catches your robe on fire. This creates a bit of a problem that regular clothing wouldn't have created. Also, wearing robes would narrow down who was a mage and who wasn't, especially in Regalia, where it is dangerous to be uncollared. I just don't think this change is necessary.

Build mage robes into you MC skin if you want them. Not everyone who uses leather armor on MassiveCraft is a mage.

Thank you, so it is possible. But still not everyone has optifine.
In all fairness the server already uses blocks with meta-data that only optifine and mcpatcher users can see the textures of. It would only be an optional aesthetic feature much like the meta-texture blocks.

Not everyone wants to wear an Assassin's Creed hooded robe instead of leather armor. If they want their character to wear that, they should just put it on their skin.

Who said anything about assassins creed?

I think that ut would be nice to turn the leather armor texture into a leather Robe, I think it would help for RP mages, wizards, or witches. Like from a lot of movies you see wizards/witches whom are wearing robes, cloaks or what ever you would like to call them. I just think it would look nice for RP and it would be fun tot ry something different.

View attachment 33233
View attachment 33235

And so on... I also think you could go into deep detail and put some signs of wizard or witchcraft on the Robes. If you would like to go into more detail start a chat with me.
What about rogues and archers?

View attachment 33233
View attachment 33235

What about people's characters that wear regular leather. They don't like being a Mage. Then what. Maybe only voting items.