Lady Whistledown's First Paper

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Maeovika, Apr 30, 2021.

?

How do you like this format?

Poll closed May 1, 2021.
  1. It's good

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. You should change it

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Maeovika

Maeovika Maeovika

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Proper Introduction

Love is supposed to be beautiful, political marriages benefitting both houses and actual kindness in the air. Love comes in all shapes and sizes, from friends to family but especially through courtships and marriages. These are meant to be courtships that benefit both the courtiers and the family they are a part of, not making people miserable. You should all know though what is appropriate and what is not by now, by reading the conduces and I hope that you will all be able to abide by those too. Remember, I am always open for meetings or even a talk for softer advice.

I have been in the nobility for not long, and I have heard my fair share of rumours; whether that be my own, my houses and others. Rumours.. However.. Are just rumours. But, I am here to share some good ones.

I have met all of the houses, I believe, in one way or another. All off different cultures, sizes, races, and all wondrous in what they do... For the most part. Hint hint. I enjoy my time in the peerage; in conversation and a good old cup of tea. So, these are some of the things I have noticed from my time in Nobility.

[​IMG]

Smiles With This Family, Are Not What They Seem

One of my most recent escapades have seen men and women from all cultures intermingle and create happiness through both love and political marriages, so let us start with the first family that I have seen. The family is known as Delmotte, a family that is both old and new, young and old-... There are two main family members from what I have seen, heard and known off. Though the main one is something, to say the least. I will admit, his flowing robes and sparkling clothes are something to be admired, but his smile does need that little bit of work. Kindness is more appreciated you see, the first step being a dazzling smile that encaptures the ladies hearts and allows them to see true intentions from the start with them. As a poem once said..

"There is a smile of love, and there is a smile of deceit, and there is a smile in which these two meet.."

We hope to see the first for this man, but we only gain the second. The third is nowhere to be seen in all honesty, and that is not good for the nobility. Deceit is common among us, I will admit, I have seen backstabs, cruelty and the worst of people being shown to the public. This man has quite the vicious tongue when it comes to his language, and all I wish to see from him is actual kindness between both his loyalties and his enemies.

[​IMG]

The Ithanian family That Sparkles Compared To Others

My next house is dazzling of course, though the name is often spoken aloud by many different names. Cadieux, this being quite a large house of course. The culture is something of a common one too, though their influence is spread widely. Something that is a utensil to be respected. Do I have a complaint about them? No, their fashion is beautiful, their hair flowing and their voices prepossessing. I have heard some nasty things about them, as this is the noble scene after all, and I believe they have their own toxic words to say. But in my events, I would quite like it if the males bring themselves out of their small shell and mingle further with the women or men of the same blue-blooded friends. They have the talent for political marriages, it all depends on their matriarch and if she allows such.

[​IMG]

The One That We Do Not Expect

There are so many families to choose from.. Oh! There is one family I feel quite sorry for. There is only one person in this family.. And they are not Ailor which is a new thing many of us have to get used to, but someone has to be the one to push forwards their race and culture in the Regalian Nobility. For that, they have my respect, but do they have yours? They are often bullied for such, from what I have seen and heard, but they are trying; and hard too. I will admit though, your culture is profound of course, but maybe less skin showing would be better for some events. Just in case. Their name-..Vyzal. I believe they have made the wrong choice with the current courtship, but it is good their courtier accepts them for who they are. Though there does seem to be some ripple amongst that courtship, I do wonder what will come out of it. If they do wish to speak to me, for advice that is, I highly suggest they do. So I can understand and be prepared if anything else comes out of such.

[​IMG]

The Family We Should Wish To Be Like, In Marriage

I suppose a fourth family will do for now, before my next statement from what I see tonight. I want to talk about a married couple. Or- Triple I should say. Their marriage is what I call something incredible, and something to be exceptionally proud of. Sorenvik is their name. I wish for my own marriage to be like theirs. Full of love, support and just utter wholesomeness. And you should too. If you wish to have your marriage like this, Regalian Peerage, I suggest looking at how they work as a system. And as always, come to me for advice.

[​IMG]

What Whistledown Expects From The Peerage

Absolutely, I am different from the one before. But I still wish to be strict on rules, and those breaking such will have consequences and will be penalised. During events, I do not want anyone prattling about the people in it; For it is rude and completely uncalled for. It is also basic etiquette. As well as this, if there are any disputes among women or men about a partner, then you should come to me. I do not wish to be a bully, mean nor horrible. I wish to amend, create and fulfil; as Lady Whistledown should do. The final thing I wish for is for all of you to have fun. Keeping to rules is quite alright, and make sure to smile of course.

My next announcement will be filled with advice columns and commonly asked questions with my replies.

Also, Congratulations to Lord Reginald von Falkenreich and Anne von Falkenreich in their matrimony; I hope many years of happiness blesses you both.

Much Appreciated...

[​IMG]

Natharia Mac Conall
    Mistress of Whistledown
    Duchess Of Verness
    Fire Chief of the Alms Ministry
    Brute Squad Captain of the Alms Ministry

[​IMG]

• Winner x 9
    • Cuddles! x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Immersive x 1