Kinteh Touray

Discussion in 'WIP Character Sheets' started by JinxNotJinxed, Aug 27, 2020.

1. JinxNotJinxed

JinxNotJinxed Crime Goblin

Basic Information |

• Full Name | Kinteh Touray (Kin)

• Age | 23

• Gender | Female

• Race | Saflar (Cielothar/ Songaskian)

• Sexuality | Bisexual

• Preferred Weapon | Longbow

Skill Information |

• Proficiency Limits: Heavy Bow Combat Skill, Hunting Knowledge, Musical Arts, Medicinal Sciences

Total Points |
    28 (5 base, 23 age)

• Heavy Bow Combat Skill - 10

• Hunting Knowledge - 5

• Medicinal Sciences - 8

• Athletic Training - 5

• Musical Arts - 5 (5 Hobby Points)

• Culinary Arts - 5 (5 Hobby Points)
    Body Shape |

• 18 (Physical Stat)

• Toned

• Moderate body fat

Languages |

• Common (Learned during her childhood)

• Plains Elven (Learned from mother while still together, only basic understanding given how young she was)

• Modern Altalar (from growing up in a community of Yanar)

Mutations |

• Pagan Spring

• Pagen Ancient

• Pagen Soil

Visual Information |

• Eye Color: Forest green

• Hair Color: sandy blonde

• Hair Style:Long and wavy with large braids. Vines and brambles with purple flowers in the braids

• Skin Color: Deeply tan

• Clothing: Tighter pants with large sturdy boots, flowing shirt with tapered sleeves

• Height: 5’10
    Personality |

• How would your character express Happiness and Contentedness?
      • When happy, she is bubbly and playful. She would be very touchy, hugging and showing physical kindness.
    • How would your character respond to experiencing Fear?
      • Kin would do her best to fight through any fear she’d be feeling, but would most likely lean on her brotherly figure or close friends for help managing the thing(s) scaring her.
    • How would your character respond to experiencing Stress?
      • She’d try her best to push through things, but would likely let the pressure build up too much and need her close ones to help her take some weight off her chest after handling too much at once.
    • How does your character view Law and Authorities?
      • After being thrown out by leader after leader, Kinteh is certainly more weary of those in charge and is slow to trust them.
    • How does your character feel about Races other than their own?
      • Being a person born from two races and growing up in a third totally unrelated race, Kin doesn’t mind other races at all.
    • How does your character feel about Religion for themselves, and other faiths?
      • She believes in the teachings of Estel and the Yanar. She doesn’t quite understand other views, but she respects others regardless.
    • How does your character feel about the Arcane and Magical in the world?
      • She’s perfectly accepting of magic even though she knows it can be used in the wrong ways. She thinks they’re beautiful tools in the right hands.
    • How does your character feel towards their family?
      • After trying to find her mother and failing to do so, Kin only views her friends as her family and loves them dearly.
    • What is your character the most proud of about themselves?
      • She’s the most proud of herself for remaining dedicated when it seemed like the world thought she should quit doing everything she cared about.
    • What motivates your character to move forward and better their life?
      • Kinteh is dedicated to showing those in charge that a band of misfits can become great, honorable individuals.
    • What is your character's biggest insecurity?
      • The idea that everything she’s doing is useless and that she and her friends are only as good as the racist rumors that surround them.
    • What is your character's biggest fear?
      • Her biggest fear is her friends leaving her, being alone and unable to achieve her goal.

Relationships |

• Zimri Dagan - (tt_lunar) Zimri was just a half orc in the right place at the right time, sticking with Kin’s band of misfits in order to fight more dudes.

• Oske Is Flak - (21506ash) Oske was with Zimri when Kin and her friends met him, and when he found out about their goals he joined the party.

• Ahnalia Beilee (JinxisJinx3d) Ahnalia and Kin have an odd relationship, at first having been friends when they met, then with Kin turning into a willing blood donor when it was discovered that Ahnalia was a vampire.

• Ylvaan Aernil - (TheMightyDoodle) was met when Kin and her brother tried to find her biological mother after being kicked out of the Yunar town. He joined them when they set off on a quest to make a name for themselves.

• Gladio Quercus - (6QuestionMarks) is a Yanar man that took Kit in when she was young. He brought her to his village and raised her as his younger sister.

Life Story |

Kinteh Touray was born to a Cielothar mother and a Farborn Songaskian father. Her father had been off traveling the world, taking in all he could of the land when he stumbled upon the small Cielothar village. He met a young woman there, a native to the area. It had been long since he’d shared a night with anyone, and the two were equally passionate. He ended up extending his stay in the area, taking the woman on many day time strolls and evening walks at the edge of the plains. When it was finally time for him to continue his explorative journey, he made a promise to the young woman to return whenever he could. A few trips down the line, he went back to the village again, only to be welcomed with the sight of a tiny baby girl.

Kinteh’s mother awoke to find her lover missing, finding only two letters in his place. One was addressed to her, it was an apology. The man explained that, though he loved her deeply, he wasn’t ready to raise a child in a strange land. The woman weeped, the loss of the man taking her over.

The next few years were hard. She stared at the child she had born, the face of the man she’d once loved so deeply. She tried so hard to raise Kinteh, but she could never truly connect with the young girl. Eventually, the Cielothar woman became so caught up in her own heartache, she took her child far away from the village and deep into the woods. She left the girl there alone, not hesitating to run off. Luckily enough though, a certain Alchemical Yanar happened to be roaming those woods in search of ingredients for his mentor.

Gladio found the small girl wandering the woods, nothing with her besides the clothing on her back and a small shred of paper with what he assumed was the girl’s name on it. He decided that the small creature deserved a second chance, and brought her home with him.

The Yanar man raised Kinteh as his younger sister, teaching her the ways of his people while still urging her to follow her own interests. He taught her how to cook, and carved beautiful instruments for her any time she wanted to put the effort into learning how to use one. She was happy to learn what she could and was thankful Gladio supported her the way he did. He truly seemed to love her as one of his own, and Kin cared deeply for him as well. The older she got though, the more her massively different appearance to her brother bothered her.

Eventually, the girl got tired of just cooking and playing music. She wanted to help people, and that urge was what pushed her to seek out medicinal training. Her brother was hesitant to allow her to leave the Yanar village on her own, but he eventually caved and let her set off to find a place to study. She set her sights on the cities on the sea edges, hoping to learn a more diverse set of skills from traveling medics and various clinics along the way.

Kin lived on her own for two years, taking in all that she could from every medically inclined person she met. She supported herself by barkeeping and doing other odd jobs here and there, but she found the most joy in volunteering at clinics in the towns she visited.

When she was happy with the level of knowledge and the skillset she had gained, Kinteh decided it was time for her to go home. On the way though, she came across an old church deep inside of the woods. Inside was a priest who followed the ways of old. He allowed her to spend the night, and the two got to talking. After learning of her physical self-consciousness, the priest offered to alter her body in ways that would make her more resemble her adoptive brother. She gave it some thought, then accepted.

Kinteh returned home as a new young woman. She was confident in both her skills and her appearance, and she had never been happier around her brother. Their bond only grew after that, their tiny family becoming something each would die for. On her 23rd birthday, Gladio had decided to gift her something truly wonderful in order to show his care. He created a tiny, ferret like Yanil for Kinteh. She was named Pina after the beautiful pine forest where Gladio had found Kinteh.

The other Yanar didn’t see the Yanil as a harmless showing of brotherly love though. They ridiculed the pair until they no longer felt welcomed in the village, and the two set off to the only place they could think of; Kinteh’s original home.

When they got to the Cielothar village, they did some investigating and were eventually pointed to the abandoned home of Kin’s mother.

Inside of the house, the pair found filthy furniture and corners full of cobwebs. Kin was about ready to leave with a pained heart, when Gladio took notice of a corner piece of paper under the kitchen table’s centerpiece. He pulled it out and, when he saw the writing on the front, handed it to the girl.

Kinteh,

Words cannot describe the pain I am in. I weep when I see you, though not out of hate or disdain. I cry tears of love, too much love for my own good. Your beautiful face is too much like your father’s, I cannot bare to be without him any longer. I’m sure if you ever end up reading this, you’ll hate me for what I’m about to do. Please know you were not a mistake. I am going to find your father. The letter inside is from him. Goodbye, my dear one.

The girl cried, but regained control of herself in order to read the final letter

My Tiny Dove,

I will start this off by saying my absence is not your or your mother’s fault. I’ve dreamed all my life of having a family. Here in this moment though...this is the most afraid I have ever been in my entire life. I set off on this journey of mine to find adventure and strength. Never did I imagine I’d find a woman like your mother. You must know, I do care for her. I just can’t be here for the two of you. I am not yet strong enough, I’m not the kind of man that can truly be here for either of you. This is why I must go now, far away from here before anyone becomes any more attached. You must live on though, live on and grow. You can be a strong woman, I just know it. Take the world by the horns and show it that you are amazing, no matter what they say. Anyone can be great.

After the discovery, Kin and Dio set off once again, deciding to travel all the way to Regalia in a personal quest to do good in the world.

#1 JinxNotJinxed, Aug 27, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  2. Yui_Drax

Yui_Drax Loong Worshiper and Sihai Enthusiast

Add the ten hobby points

gotta add three sentences to each of these questions or you can switch to the other option for personality

you should label what age she did it at for more clarification, its good that the life story is detailed to your liking but staff will like to know what happened at what age or where it happened, so labeling will be beneficial to you and them

3. Yui_Drax

Yui_Drax Loong Worshiper and Sihai Enthusiast

also you can add the '@' symbol in front of their names to tag them on the forums

• Friendly Friendly x 1