Pending Review Kathar Bone Singing

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by EndersGameboy, Sep 16, 2018.

1. EndersGameboy

EndersGameboy The Last of the Bloodline

When the Kathar Rewrite first came out, I remember first seeing the paragraph about bone singing, and I died. I saw so much potential for bone singing, it could be used for so many different things to generate roleplay. Construction, beauty, merchandise, and even combat. I even thought it could be used for something like water bending or metal bending from Avatar the Last Airbender or The Legend of K**ra. That's when I made a Lore QaA about it and realized that it would take hours to create a single vase out of bone. This ruined everything for me. But I did understand why this lack of power was implemented. Every Kathar player would be able to bone sing just as well as another Kathar, and if bone singing followed the guidelines that I described, it would be way to overpowered, every Kathar being able to sing a bunch of bone at a person. Terrible. This is why I think we could add some requirements and limits to bone singing to allow us to make the actual ability itself more overpowered. Here's what I was thinking:

1. Trustee System
      1. Just make bone singing require trustee permissions.
    2. Proficiency Points
      1. Either give bone singing a separate category under proficiency (I wouldn't really go with this), or have vocal music proficiency points dictate bone singing, but a Kathar needs to have learned Void Script in correspondence with the language system in order to implement bone singing (Don't really agree with this either).
    3. Kathar Points
      1. Much like the current Vampire 5.0 system, Kathar Bone singing would have it's own system of points, where the Kathar could either naturally gain those points over time, or they would have to find a teacher to teach them, thus gaining additional points.
      2. These Kathar points would cost a certain amount of proficiency points to keep the systems balanced.
      3. Perhaps all Kathar naturally start out with one Kathar point, but they have to learn the rest.

That's just what I thought, so feel free to contribute.
    Ka-Chow!

2. Reaganism

Reaganism 40th President of the United States

I do not think it is an ability meant for combative or competitive use. Most of the time, when lore staff answers "It takes 2 hours to do X" that means "Dude, you shouldn't really consider doing X in combat".

As a flavour ability, it's fine and sound.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

Bone singing in my eyes is more for aesthetics or a way to give migraines to people. Not really a combative ability, even though it can make weaponry.

4. NoRezForYou

NoRezForYou Professional Hand Holder

We simply have more non-trustee skills that are far more powerful.
    We got Drowdar with their hundred mile void stopper
    Slizzar with the emotion manipulation
    Light shape-shifting nelfin
    etc

>Kathar bone sings you, friend smacks Kathar
    >Kathar bone sings you, try get close or even back out of the small range they can hold you in
    The ability requires their full concentration so there's plenty of cons to using it on a personal all the same.

#4 NoRezForYou, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  5. G0atfather

G0atfather The G0atfather

I like how bone singing is current to be honest. I like it as aesthetic ability and not ANOTHER ability that only trustees get to use.

• Agree Agree x 1