Kamaria Ahmed

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Batel_, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Batel_

Batel_ Magical Batel

[​IMG]
    "I need to make sense of the world.. to me, at least."
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Basic Information
    Full Name: Kamaria Ahmed.
    Race: Mainline Qadir.
    Sexuality: Heterosexual.
    Preferred Weapon(s): A wooden quarterstaff and various clockwork (the hardware stunning gauntlet being a personal favorite).

[​IMG] 10 to 20 regals at any given time.
    [​IMG] A brass pen with a black ink cartridge.
    [​IMG] An old and worn small leather-bound journal filled with various Faraddi writings.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Skill Information

"A person's soul is not soul essence. Soul essence is just that, the essence of it. Parts and bits, but not a whole soul."
    Point Distribution
    35 points, 30 from age +5 free. +10 additional Hobby Points for Arts investments.

+2 Stealth Rogue Skill
    +3 Farah'deen History

+5 Carpentry Arts (+5 from Hobby Points)
    +5 Musical Arts (+5 from Hobby Points)
    +10 Stave Combat Skill
    +20 Finecraft Sciences

Body Shape
    [​IMG] Physical Status: 10, +10 from Stave Combat Skill.
    [​IMG] Body Shape: Athletic.
    [​IMG] Body Fat: Low.

Languages
    Faraddi (native tongue of the Qadir, 10/10)
    Common (learned for its practicality at a young age, 10/10)

[​IMG] Kamaria after having worked and grown up in Al-Alus, Farah’deen, missed her sister, Raja, and the bond they could of had. Curious of her and her life abroad, Kamaria decided to visit and experience the place she had spent a decent amount of her time living and training, Regalia. Her time in Regalia would lead Kamaria to working in a Qadir clockwork shop to make ends meet, making a few friends along the way.
    [​IMG] She was born in Al-Alus as a younger sibling to a sister that didn’t give her much thought or attention. Kamaria still looked up to her older sibling even with the distance, and it influenced her to take on a similar line of work, although in a more traditional Qadir nomad style. That sister's name is Raja, and as for the sibling pair's other family members, their mother is a clockwork engineer named Yasmin that runs her own shop, while their father is a librarian named Omar, both still currently living in Al-Alus.
    [​IMG] Ambitions for Kamaria would be improving and creating new clockwork devices, discovering her sister’s past in Regalia, maintaining decent clockwork related work and/or research, learning anything she can about the soul or soul essence and also about ancient Qadir history and technology, and protecting the Qadir people, their culture, and their creations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Visual Information
    Eye Color: Dark brown.
    Hair Color: Jet black.
    Hair Style: Wavy long bob.
    Skin Color: Deep brown tan.
    Clothing: Breathable desert robes during travel or simple practical clothing for the everyday.
    Height: 5’8”.

[​IMG] Her appearance is generally pretty with dark brown eyes and thick black eyelashes, giving off the appearance of wearing eyeliner. Her ears stick out a tad with her hair being tucked behind her long bob hairstyle, while lips are of average fullness, and her jaw having some squareness and strength to it. Kamaria speaks with a light Faraddi accent.
    [​IMG] Kamaria’s height is average for her race and gender, while her body shape is athletic, and her body fat is low. She has some slight curvature in her figure, but still has some decent muscle underneath. The Qadir has a number of small scars across her body, but none too large or noteworthy.
    [​IMG]
    Her preferred colors are those of the desert, being dark reds, yellows, oranges, brown, white, grey, tan, and sometimes even green. While for her jewelry, it is primarily made of brass, but she also wouldn't say no to copper or gold. As for shoes, she is a fan of either leather boots or sandals, with no in-between. And finally as for the Qadir's carried items, besides just spare coin to be able to pay for any day to day items, Kamaria is a fan of bringing around her quarterstaff to be used as a walking stick and as a potential defensive weapon, though this isn't always done everywhere she goes. Additionally she can be seen using a variety of clockwork hardware or software for an array of tasks or as weapons.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Personality

"If you think about it for too long, you will be too afraid to take the leap, and never do it."
    Alignment
    [​IMG] Neutral Good / True Neutral. "The neutral good character uses a variety of means to promote and further the cause of goodness, but true neutral characters are not interested in a selfless pursuit of beneficial results for others. Where neutral good characters are altruistic, true neutral characters are interested in their own affairs. True neutral characters will behave altruistically when it comes to friends, relatives, and allies, but for the most part will return the kind of treatment they receive from others."
    Personality Type
    [​IMG] The Thinker, INTP. "They may seem dreamy or distant to others because they spend a lot of time inside their own minds. They have a strong ability to analyze problems, identify patterns, and come up with logical explanations."
    Religion
    [​IMG] The Esrah Alwattah, 8/10. "The Qadir uniformly believe in the divinity of the Esrah Alwattah, the belief the world’s gods are long dead and mankind should construct its own divine being to protect it."
    [​IMG] Likes for Kamaria include reading and studying, drinking tea, and hanging out with her pet rat named Sada.
    [​IMG] Dislikes for Kamaria include Songaskians, overly emotional people, and overly strict people.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Life Story
    Birth: Born on January 21st into a Qadir Hadritya in the deserts of Al-Alus, Farah’deen, to the Ahmed family. Kamaria was brought into the world with already nearing in middle aged parents, and an older sister that beat her into joining the world by six years. Her mother a talented clockwork engineer, and father a working librarian in their Hadritya.

Childhood: As for growing up, she held an average life the same as any other child in the Hadritya. She had her own chores and studying to do, but also spent time exploring her environment and making friends with other children. Kamaria had many attempts at trying to befriend and spend more time with her older sister, Raja, but she was often left with not much attention, her being six years older and all, wanting to do more adult things rather than playing with her kid sister. Kamaria would continue to idolize her older sibling, later deciding to follow in similar combat orientated footsteps, although with her own twists, and in her own style. Additionally, Kamaria developed her like for reading in late childhood, delving into the deeper history of her people's past, and ending up not liking much of what new information she had learned.

Teenage Years: Kamaria would now at this age start working under her mother in the family clockwork shop, helping out at the counter, and getting a closer look behind the scenes on how things were made and where the materials they all used so commonly came from. Hardware was made by both Kamaria and her mother, but the pair also constructed various other software pieces, ranging from simple pens, to clocktiks, to fairly complicated and elaborate music boxes. She would start to develop a knack for clockwork engineering and would even create her own small, though not really yet incredible, inventions, but inventions she was proud of and excited for nonetheless. Some time before Kamaria had even reached teen-hood, her older sister had left for Regalia for combat training at age fifteen. This devastated the young Kamaria, also leaving behind the experience of their parent’s reactions of their oldest daughter leaving home so young. This though still, somewhat to her parents dismay, helped push Kamaria to also start practicing in combat, still looking up towards her sibling, but she was going to do it in her own way, and stay home doing it, in Farah’deen. Instead of swords and daggers, the young Qadir would choose a weapon more fitting for a nomad of the desert, a quarterstaff, also having her weapon be able to double as a walking stick later on in her travels. She would be taught by the few other combatants of her Hadritya how to use the fighting staff, learning how and where to strike with one, and how to defend others and herself with blocks and parries. She was also introduced to some hardware weapons at this time.

Young Adulthood: The maturing Qadir would continue life similarly as she had in her teens, her free time being spent either reading or tinkering in her mother’s shop and acting as an apprentice to her, as well as continuing taking on combat training from other fighters in their Hadritya, her plan at the time to double as a guard for her future Times of Tajul, eager to go out into the world and see what more there was to learn. And before she knew it, it was her turn to head out into the deserts of Farah’deen. Her wishes were met and Kamaria would act part guard and part knowledge gatherer for their caravan, picking up more and more knowledge, and also a few books in her travels. Her skills developed further here, having few conflicts in their travels, but much experience gained. Later through trade and Kamaria’s exploration, in these years the young adult Qadir also decided to pick up a small hobby in wood carving. This helped and related to the management of her own wooden weapon, but also in the availability of including wooden elements into her clockwork creations, namely for music boxes but also for the decor of other pieces. This also eventually sparked Kamaria’s interest in music boxes more-so, now better able in not only designing them, but also in choosing more pleasing songs for them to orchestrate.

Adulthood: She would much enjoy her times outside of the Hadritya, and seeing the others out there in her homeland, their own inventions, and their own way of doing things. Not too long after her first trip out, would lead her to another Time of Tajul for Kamaria, which she took pleasure in just the same. She would only continue what she had enjoyed before, learning new things both about clockwork and a few things about combat. Eventually then having once returned home again, she decided to spend more time with her parents and in the Hadritya for the next three years, feeling as if she owed it to them for being gone for so long, and to take some time to work at the family's shop and develop her clockworking trade. But alas, the Qadir couldn’t sit still for too long and wanted another trip and to find more discoveries outside of their home territory. The family hadn’t heard much of Raja over the past decade, a few letters only barely making it. This prompted Kamaria to go out into the world and the place she knew her sibling had spent most of that time, in Regalia, to find out her past, finally see this famous and foreign Crown City for herself that the Qadir were known to trade with, and to possibly learn a few new things along the way.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    #1 Batel_, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  2. Batel_

Batel_ Magical Batel

#2 Batel_, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  3. ETrees

ETrees pro-leaf-erating oddities

Claimed for Aspirant review.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. ETrees

Everything looks good to me. Well done with this applications, and I'm happy to say that it is Approved.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  5. Batel_

Batel_ Magical Batel

@ETrees I have made a of couple edits, all marked in this bright orange. I removed light bow combat, added soullism info, and boosted up the other skills she already had, and then fixed up the life story to fit, as well as edit some personality parts.

6. ETrees

Approved.

7. Batel_

Batel_ Magical Batel

Made some small edits to fit the new race boosts of the Qadir, adding metallurgy arts. I added some life story details with that new change, and made all of that this bright pink color. I also changed the personality format to the second option
    @ETrees

#7 Batel_, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  8. Batel_

Batel_ Magical Batel

9. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

10. Batel_

Batel_ Magical Batel

I only lowered her points in Stave Combat Skill and Finecraft Arts to give her some Athletic Training, edits made in this bright fuchsia.
    @Caelamus

Edit: Decided also to give her unarmed combat by taking away 5 points from her staves combat.

#10 Batel_, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  11. Batel_

Batel_ Magical Batel

small bump

12. Batel_

Batel_ Magical Batel

13. Yigit

Yigit Undertaker

Claimed for re-review.

14. Yigit

Yigit Undertaker

Looks good, nice aesthetic. Reapproved.

15. Batel_

Batel_ Magical Batel

Needing of a re-review.. her points remain the same besides removing rogue training and soullism to fit into the requirements of the new point system. Edits in life story made to match change of points

#15 Batel_, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  16. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

Please tag your reviewer in the future whenever you make any edits to a character application, especially in this case with the Proficiency Update. For now, tagging your reviewer, @Yigit

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

Hey there! I'll be stealing this! Approved.

18. Batel_

Batel_ Magical Batel

@Katiesc hello, made some minor edits. I aged the character up by 2 years and added Farah'deen History from the Historical Knowledge proficiency, and I took one point away from Unarmed Combat Skill to be able to have enough points for it to fit. thank you!

My changes are made in pink.

#18 Batel_, Nov 27, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  19. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

COOL!

20. Batel_

Batel_ Magical Batel

@Katiesc hello hello, just tagging to inform. With the combat skill proficiency changes, I made some minor edits which are under 10 points. I aged Kamaria back down to 29 from the just previous 31, and eliminated her Athletic Training, which was 4 points. I put the 2 now new, left over points into Stave Combat Skill to make it now 12 points from the previous 10. I applied the according changes to her body stat as well. That should be all!

Edit: alrighty, made one small adjustment. Just took the 2 new points I put into Stave Combat Skill and put them into Stealth Rogue Skill instead. I made body stat adjustments and.. I don’t think +2 Stealth Rogue needs much added to life story? Could go with combat training or just being naturally quiet, but if needed I could add a sentence or two. That’s all

#20 Batel_, Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  21. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

Approved!

22. Batel_

Batel_ Magical Batel

@Katiesc hello hello, I added the new Hobby Points, and also added their reasonings in the life story. Changes made in fuchsia

23. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

AYY Approved.

24. Batel_

Batel_ Magical Batel

@Katiesc hello there, made some minor changes. I removed her prior unarmed combat skill and gave those 4 points into finecraft sciences, and then I aged the character up by 1 year to get her an even 20 in finecraft sciences. that's really it besides some minor sprucing up!

oh, and the changes are made in purple!

25. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

Approved!