Kalodan Echban

Discussion in 'WIP Character Sheets' started by foll_fox, May 27, 2015.

1. foll_fox

foll_fox Weirdo

Basic Information
    • Kalodan Echban is a 30 year old Male Dwarf
    • Kalodan has no siblings just him and his mother Onora Echban and father Brunuck Echban. They both died when he was 20 years old when the mine his family owned collapsed upon them. He was born on the island of Ellador but moved soon after due to an invasion of Dakkar. Upon his journey to find a new home he landed in fenderfell and began searching for a new home.
    • Kalodans life goals are to find somewhere to settle down and start a family of his own and to buy a large mountain to begin a new mine of his own.
    Visual Information

Body Description
    • Kalodan is one of the taller of his race reaching 4 foot 8 inches tall and weights 150 lbs. He in in peak physical condition except for a problem with his right shoulder that he can not lift straight up for more than a few moments else the pain become unbearable.
    • Kalodans skin is pale with no discerning markings other than a scar on his left cheek that he garnered in a tavern brawl when he was 25.
    • Brunuck has braided brown hair that runs down his back and a brown beard that reaches just below his stomach.
    Head Description
    • Kalodan has a squarish face with a short strong chin. He has a broad nose that has a large bump in the middle due to many many broken noses. He has a slight inward slant on his eyebrows.
    • Due to the slant in his eye brows Kalodan always seems to have an angry look.
    • Kalodan has long brown hair that he keeps braided in the back as well as a long thick beard on his face.
    Clothing and Accessories
    • Kalodan wears a tradional dwarven attire that is comprised of red tunic and trousers as well as iron bracers and boots. As well on occasions he has been known to wear a black cloak with blue trimming to cover his identity from people he wants to avoid.
    • Kalodan wears a medalian that his mother gave to him when he was a young boy, it has a symbol that he does not know the true meaning of but she told him as long as he wears it she will be with him and keep him safe.
    Behavior Information

Personality Traits

• Stubborn - Kalodan has always been stubborn even as a child it has gotten him into many fights but also gather him many allies.
    • Loyal - When a someone goes out of their way to show Kalodan that they are his ally he will remember that even when he may not see them again for long periods of time.
    • Hardworking - Kalodan values a hard days work above almost anything else.
    • Drunkard - Kalodan loves his ale, sometimes a little to much and it has at times caused many taverns to not allow him on their premise. His drinking problems all began after his parents died and their mine was lost to the Dakkar
    • Vocal - When he belives something strongly enough Kalodan will make sure anyone that disagrees knows he thinks their wrong. As well as he loves to join into songs being sung.
    • Reckless - Kalodan has never had much fear of things he knows that he can die any time but would rather go out doing something he loves rather than dieing while waiting for help.
    • Unforgetting - While Kalodan is a very loyal person to those who gain his trust he also will not forget about those who have wronged him or his allies.
    • Solitary - While Kalodan does like to sing when the time comes, he much prefers sitting quietly and not being bothered.
    • Rare Materials - Kalodan has been around the mining world his entire life and love when he stumbles upon a pocket of rare raw material that he can sell or trade off.
    • Fishing - When Kalodan isn't far down a mineshaft he likes to set out by a body of water and just relax with a fishing rod to release his stress.
    • Singing - Being as vocal as he is Kalodan loves to just begin singing a song to either lighten the mood of a room or to get everyone around him focused on the task.
    • Fighting - Though he tries to keep himself out of most scuffles, Kalodan does love to get bloody fighting someone either for fun or to protect one of his allies.
    Dislikes
    • Gravel - One of the biggest fears for any miner is to mine into an area and the ceiling collapse down onto you.
    • Quiet - Unless he is out fishing Kalodan does not like things to be quiet he has a fear that the quiet always brings trouble.
    • Squids - After being tricked into biteing into the ink sack of a squid as a child Kalodan has hated the creatures for no valid reason other than they contain the disgusting ink.
    • Liers/Cheaters/Thieves - Kalodan has a strong sense of loyalty towards people who earn his trust, but when he finds out that you lied to him or cheated him out of money he will not stop until you pay.
    Abilities and Disabilities

Strengths
    • Kalodan is very proficient at wielding an axe due to spending most of his youth training with his father. As well he is very well versed in hand to hand combat after training with a group of mercenaries for several years.
    • Determined - While he may not be doing the smartest of things when Kalodan sets his mind to a task he will finish it or die trying.
    • Kalodan is a quick learner when given a task and show what to do and what is expected he picks up very fast.
    Weaknesses
    • Due to his short stature and his general bulkiness Kalodan is not a very swift fighter, rather he prefers to be as close as he can to his enemies.
    • Kalodan is a very loyal and trusting person but is very naive. He would trust anyone that he thinks wants to be his ally
    • Due to his shoulder injury Kalodan does not have full range of motion in his axe wielding arm so he can only do a few strong strikes before his arm beings to wain in strength enought that he needs to rest it and take a defensive stand.
    Combat Styles

Kalodan fights with very strong swings of his axe trying to hit vital points on his opponents body as well if it a one on one fight he looks for ways to take down his enemy to the ground so he can use his weight to hold them down while he delievers blows to their face.

Weapons of Choice
    Kalodan only goes to war with his trusty axe Ingban. It is a double headed axe that has his name engraved on the handle.

Relationships
    Brunuck Echban- Father (Dead) - Kalodans father who died in a mineing accident when he was 20 years old.
    Onora - Mother (Dead) - Kalodans mother who was trying to help people get out of his families mine when it collaped.

Leonard Lionheart - (Unknown) Kalodan was a boy when he meat leonard. Leos family had just come to work for his parents in the mines, they had escaped before the collapes and survived. Kalodan has not seen Leo since he left.

Life Story

Kalodan was born on the island of Ellador, he was born into two parents who loved him immensely. He grew up for most of his childhood having his father teach him to use a battle axe to defend himself as well as his friends. Thought there we many children that lived in the area around where he lived he was always a very quiet boy and never tried to push out and talk to others. He lived a very quiet life until he hit the age of 16 when his parents decided that it was time for him to start helping in the mine, there he met his first real friend Leonard. Leonard was the opposite of Kalodan, He was loud and yet very calculated with the things that he pursued. Kalodan was very content with his life. That was until his 20th his father was down deep in the mine and found a pocket of natural gases, he and his men began pushing everyone out of the mines as fast as possible. His mother hearing the yells from down in the mine ran in and began trying to get everyone out as fast as possible, but the gas was quickly moving up the cave and found a torch that was set into a wall and ignited, exploding sending thousands of tons of rocks down on his parents and several other dwarves. Being of age Kalodan took control of the mining operation and set out with the crew that survived and re dug the hole to get back into the deeper part of the mine shaft. Unfortunately for the Kalodan the explosion had knocked a large hole into a dakkar home and fighting ensued, knowing well the history between his race and the dakkar he knew well enough that he could not beat them with out better equipment so he used explosives to collapse the tunnel and block off the ability for the Dakkar to attack them. Unfortunately Kalodan had not primed the explosives correctly and a large rock fell hitting him in his right arm as he tried to escape the tunnel. One of the healers from the mine managed to fix him up but they told him that he would never again have full capabilities in that arm again Not knowing what else to do Kalodan decided he wanted to start a new life for himself somewhere that did not cause him as much grief so he boarded the next ship off of Ellador and began journeying the lands. Early on in his journey Kalodan decided to check out a local tavern that was said to have the best ale in all of the country, upon entry Kalodan was greeted by a large crowded room. He tried to push his way to the bar to order a drink but ended up causing a drunk man to drop his drink. A fight ensued and Kalodan tried to stop the man and keep a low profile but the man got to over zealous and tried to pounce of Kalodan thinking him weak due to his size. Kalodan threw the man off of him and began fighting back. During the end of the fight Kalodan decided the man had enough and rose to let the man up but the man pulled a dagger and stuck it through Kalodans cheek. Kalodan knocked the man unconscious at that point and decided to leave the tavern. Leaving the tavern Kalodan was approached by a hooded man who invited him to join his group of mercenaries. The hooded man told Kalodan that he saw what tremendous strength he had in that fight and it would be welcomed in the group. Kalodan sat wondering what he should do for a moment, during this the man introduced himself by the name of Malcolm. Kalodan agreed to join the group and for many months he fought beside them and trained with them. One of the group being a fighter who preferred to use his hands in combat taught several different techniques that would help Kalodan if he ever had to fight someone without his trusty axe. Kalodan was happy again for several years until one fateful day when one of the other mercenaries turned out have been working undercover to destroy them from the inside. Kalodan only survived because of Malcolm appearing out of what seemed to be the shadows and handing Kalodan a set of ragged cloths and a set of shackles telling him to change and shackle himself to the rest of the prisoners they kept. Kalodan looked down at the cloths and chains and before he looked up Malcolm had disappeared into thin air. Kalodan is still not sure whom it was that stabbed the group in the back, and he still has seen no traces of Malcolm since that last encounter. Kalodan was freed from his shackles by a guard and then he proceeded to grab his gear, minus the mercenaries clothing, and ran from the area so to not get caught by the one that betrayed them. He arrived at a docks and with a vast majority of his money he boarded a ship not know its destination and left. Several months past by and he finally landed on the coast of a new land that he heard one of the deck mates calling Fenderfell. Kalodan decided at that moment to go out and work to make enough so that one day he may buy a large mountain and start his own mine and family.

#1 foll_fox, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
  2. LumosJared

LumosJared Around

I am reviewing this character!
    • Rather than accept or reject this, I'm throwing it into peer review. I want you to look at the example application in staff review, and with the knowledge you need to step up your writing to that level of detail and quality at least, ask for help there. You have -just- a strong enough idea of who Kalodan is that I feel bad rejecting it, so that's the solution. write well.
    Progress: Back ta' Peer Review! Mercy!

3. enderdragon

enderdragon Consistently Inconsistent

Basic Information
    · It's very useful to the reader if you list the last names of you parents, as well as his deceased siblings.
    · You may want to reword how you parents die. From the way I saw it, it seemed that your two siblings were killed in the mine collapse. It would help if you also explained how your siblings met their death.
    · Fendarfell not Fenderfall if I am correct.
    · Fendarfell is considered to be larger than an island. More the size of a continent.
    Body Description
    · Describe what is wrong with his shoulder. Detail matters a lot in the visual appearance description.
    · If he is a miner and a skilled fighter, then why is he thinner than the average dwarf? He should have the musel mass to weigh as much.

Head Description
    · Describe normal length nose. Possibly describe the nose instead of length. Angular, squashed, thin, broad, etc...
    · You only describe your beard as long. Is it a thin beard with little hair making up the structure of the beard? Or is it a full neared? This is not nessisary but adds detail to your character.

Personality Traits
    · I only have one little change for your personality traits. Joyful does not seem to fit in with all the other traits. Such as reckless and a drunkard.

Disikes
    · I really do not see the need for having a hate for squids. Sure he may of had a troubling time in his childhood, but unless he holds grudges really well then I would choose a different dislike.

Strengths
    · Maybe just add in a little detail on how he came to be such a skilled fighter? To add on how would a 30 year old dwarf who spent part of his life mining be skilled at unarmed and ax combat?

Weakness
    · I am a little confused on how everyone thinking him thin is a weakness? In combat that would be a huge advantage if they underestimated his ability.
    · Just summarize again why he can not use the full movement of his arm.

Combats
    · Chopping wood builds up strength not skill
    · This section is more about your style of fighting and the weapons you decide to use. Does your character attack with large powerful attacks? Or small quick attacks to wear your opponent out?

Weapons of Choice
    · This section looks fine to me.

Relations
    · So your character does not socialize? I would say to add a few more relations to this and and a little bit of a back story to each one.

Backstory
    · Add in details before this big mining explosion. His childhood and teens.
    · Would a mine be created over the location of a Dakkar home?
    · The information about his arm should be summerized in my above comments about his lack of arm movement.
    · That is one heck of a healer if they could restore a completely smashed arm and restore some capabilities to it. If anything maybe have it so the arm was more able to be repaired than having it obliterated by a rock. ;)

In general the punctuation needs a little work.
    @foll_fox

#3 enderdragon, May 30, 2015
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
  4. foll_fox

foll_fox Weirdo

@enderdragon
    I changed it up a bit mind giving it another look over and letting me know what you think?

5. foll_fox

foll_fox Weirdo

*bump* anyone have helpful advice to make my character better?