Kai-si'en

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Messtro, Apr 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

[​IMG]
    kaiart.png
    { Pinterest } { Art } { Theme 1 } { Them 2 }
    ╒═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╕
    ╒════════════════════════════════════════════════╕

[​IMG]
    ╘════════════════════════════════════════════════╛
    ╘══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╛
    Basic Information
    { The images of myth must be the daemonic guardians, omnipresent and unnoticed, which protect the growth of the young mind, and guide man's interpretation of his life and struggles. }
    » Full Name: Kai-si’en
    Nicknames: Kai
    » Age: 35
    » Gender: Female
    » Race: Human - Sihai- War Dynasty
    [​IMG]
    Skill Information
    { He has a beauty to him that is not quite angelic, a quality that's both ethereal and dark. }
    » Proficiency Points: 40 + 10 + 10 Talent and Hobby Points -6 Sorcery Points
    Core Points: Free +4 Points to learn things IC.
    ‣ +20 Sword Combat (+5 Free War Dynasty Sihai)
    ‣ +5 Medical Sciences
    ‣ Talent Points:
    ‣ +5 Stealth Rogue (Talent Points)
    ‣ +5 Woodwind Instrument (Talent Points)
    ‣ +5 Vocal Singing
    Hobby Points:
    ‣ +10 Body Arts (Hobby Points)
    ‣ +5 Cooking Arts
    » Body Shape:
    Physical Stat
    ‣ 20
    Body Shape
    ‣ Athletic
    Body Fat
    ‣ Low Body Fat
    » Languages:
    ‣ Wa’an - 10/10
    ‣ Common - 10/10
    » Special Abilities:
    ‣ Mutation Book [x]
    ‣ Sorcery - 6 Points - Level 2

Lightness Sorcery
    ‣ Healing Grace
    Orb in Darkness
    Spirit Sorcery
    ‣ Self-Control
    ‣ Beastly Connection

‣ Yuen Doge
    ‣ Slightly pointed ears from the pointed dog ears.
    ‣ Sharpened canines.
    [​IMG]
    Visual Information
    { A lone wolf sees the wisdom in guarding the sheep and hunting their predators. }

» Eye Color:
    ‣ White Cloudy Color but can change.
    » Hair Color:
    ‣ Black
    » Hair Style:
    ‣ Kept short and messy
    » Skin Color:
    ‣ Pale
    » Clothing:
    ‣ Easy to move in clothing
    » Height:
    ‣ 5’4
    [​IMG]
    Personality & Abilities
    { You cannot attain everlasting peace of mind unless you stop seeing your mind as yourself and start seeing yourself as your mind’s guardian. }

The Question List
    » How would your character express Happiness and Contentedness?
    ‣ She doesn’t always visibly express her happiness, usually content with using faint smiles and awkward hugs when others give them to her. She holds some reservations when it comes to showing happiness and contentedness but in times of overwhelming happiness, she will be loud and rambunctious.
    » How would your character respond to experiencing Fear?
    ‣ Depending on what is causing the fear, she’ll respond a variety of ways. Normally if it’s life-threatening she’ll try to leave the area and taking those that matter to her with her. However, if it isn’t life-threatening she’ll freeze up and trying and tiptoe around what really scares her. She’ll try to ignore it if she can but if she can’t she’ll respond huffily and angrily. Or she’ll simply leave.
    » How would your character respond to experiencing Stress?
    ‣ In stressful situations, Kai shuts down entirely. And by that, it usually means she starts to cry if it’s truly overwhelming and will overthink everything to the extremes. Usually, this causes her to think of everything on the downside and will snap or glare at others who try to help her which doesn’t usually help in the long run.
    » How does your character view Law and Authorities?
    ‣ Considering she works closely with the law and some of the authorities she sees it as something that is needed but feels like its rather complicated. She follows along with them for the sake of making it easy even if she does disagree with things at times. Along with her sense of justice is skewed depending on the situation.
    » How does your character feel about Races other than their own?
    ‣ Having been raised as a black sheep amongst most of her people the entirety of her childhood along with spending time in the slum-like areas of the outer isles she is rather used to other races. She does hold a disliking for Kathar due to her own personal interactions with them. Most of the time she does tend to favor the odder races and sihai in comparison to the normal ailors.
    » How does your character feel about Religion for themselves and other faiths?
    ‣ She is entirely faithful to the Loong Dragons, having been raised with them the entirety of her life. She does have moments of doubt and will acknowledge other beliefs at times when it is needed. But she does see other religions as overly complicated while appreciating how simple it seems to be with the Loong Dragons. She does wish that she could do more to prove their existence but will take what she can. Kai believes there is a Spirit when it comes to Unionism but has mixed feelings on pledging to it to any degree due to the laws on it. She hasn’t really seen much of the other religions so she holds no opinion and prefers to stay out of it.
    » How does your character feel about the Arcane and Magical in the world?
    ‣ Considering she is a mage, she has mixed feelings on it all. She believes magic is needed to have some balance in the world while also believing that those with the ability should know how to properly use them without being outcasted. However, she does respect other mages and silvens that have been around longer than her and tries to understand what they have gone through. But at times she also has the drive to find out more about the Aether and Naether since it isn’t as well known as the void and exist.
    » How does your character feel towards their family?
    ‣ With most of her family in Regalia at times, she holds them close when she can despite their sometimes clashing views. She may take the high road when they take the low road and vice versa but she works alongside them as best she can. She tends to take up the role of matriarch of her family and has a want to protect them all to some degree when she can. She can get overbearing at times and will overdo it at times but it is mostly from her fear of losing them.
    » What is your character the proudest of about themselves?
    ‣ Kai is proud of her current standing within Regalia, having worked to get where she is now she’s achieving things she never thought she’d get. She continues to try and do more with the Willow, along with working closely with others. She tries doing what she can when working for nobility but she does want to get to a higher place in Regalia if she can.
    » What motivates your character to move forward and better their life?
    ‣ She wants to get her family to a better and more comfortable standing. She wants them to be able to live comfortably and not have to worry about things. The Silven also wishes to go as far as some of the sihai have along with showing people that they can also impact things outside of Dexai.
    » What is your character's biggest insecurity?
    ‣ Her ability to lead, she tries to hold onto what knowledge of leading she has and learns along the way but she is still paranoid about failing. She grows nervous under pressure which causes her to dig a deeper hole into her insecurities. She doesn’t want to let anyone down, especially those she looks up to as well and pushes herself to the point of exhaustion.
    » What is your character's biggest fear?
    ‣ She has a fear of dogs and a fear of failure. After being attacked by dogs in Regalia and in other places, she’s grown to dislike them. Her allergies to them don’t ever help either. She does have a major fear of failure that times into her biggest insecurity. Kai tends to overwork herself due to her fear of failure along with getting antsy when she isn’t doing anything.

The Core List
    » Character Alignment
    ‣ Chaotic Neutral
    » Character Personality Type
    ‣ The Entertainer
    » Character Religion
    ‣ 9/10 Loong Dragon Worship
    ╒══════════════════════════════════╕
    [​IMG]
    ╘══════════════════════════════════╛
    Life Story
    { When words lose their meaning and their capacity to bind those who use them, neither democracy nor the rule of law can long survive. }

» Childhood -
    ‣ Kai-si’en was born on a summer morning on July 1st to a rather large family on Dexai, being the youngest of four siblings, all of which were varying dynasties. Her mother was commonly seen as a Greater Dynasty given her job as a scribe but had met Kai’s father as a War Dynasty when they were younger.
    ‣ Having been born as a troublesome child brought a lot of strife within the family along with ending in having both Kai and her elder siblings moved between the outer isle area and main land to avoid any major issues. She was primarily raised around her cousins and siblings for that matter while her parents spent most of their time within Dexai.
    ‣ Eventually Kai’s father took up a merchant’s vessel and began traveling as a way to connect to his daughter more.
    ‣ However while he was gone and her siblings were away schooling she had been raised by a shop owner that was an Altalar who had made her home on the outer isles. She began to teach Kai how to sing when her sister was unavailable to teach her herself.
    ‣ Up until her eighth birthday, she was as normal as she could get until she ended up interacting with the Southern Well that infused her with exist mutations. This is when she began to be hit with prejudice more as she grew up while most normal Sihai within the isles avoided her she found her way with the odd people that called the outer isles their home.
    » Teen Years -
    ‣ Throughout her teen years she began to travel with her father out of the east and to places such as Ithanian and Daenshore to trade there. She got to interact with a menagerie of people that enlightened her outlook on life.
    ‣ She began to visit family that had left the inner workings of Dexai to explore Aloria along with expanding the family business of being eastern merchants.
    ‣ As she traveled she continued using and training herself with lightness sorcery from a deckhand while using some of her magic as a form of help to those who are injured. Which got her into trouble more often than not at times since she was still learning.
    ‣ Eventually she began to train with a dagger within Ithania while visiting family there along with staying with various ailor families to learn the language while her father traded there.
    ‣ When she began to make her way back home in her later teen and young adult years she found herself getting left at a port city in Daenshore which caused her to take to learning the ways of how they lived.
    ‣ Somehow someway she ended up working for another ‘merchant’ vessel that was actually a pirating crew yet didn’t realize until later. How? No one knows.
    » Adult Years -
    ‣ As she traveled throughout various places with the crew she eventually left piracy once she reached the age of twenty-four.
    ‣ She eventually made it to Regalia for a short time and working within the confines of the city before leaving to head back to Dexai with an eastern merchant.
    ‣ Ended up connecting with her mother once she made it back to Dexai and met with her family again with her father in hot water after leaving her by accident. Granted she was stubborn and bitter about it for a time she left to explore through inner Dexai after proving she was a full Sihai which took a better part of two years to do.
    ‣ She traveled throughout various towns and eventually made a pilgrimage of it all and ended up with priests of the Loong Dragon faith for a time.
    ‣ By the time she reached the age of thirty-two she left for Regalia once again to try and revive her past along with taking up tattooing for a time after several years of practice.
    ‣ Left Regalia after being dragged through what happened with Lo and then came back after several years of working as an eastern merchant.
    » Recent Events -
    ‣ In the past year she had returned to the Outer Isles of Dexai with her husband as well as to have her son outside the chaotic city of Regalia.
    ‣ Decided to return with Kaze back to Regalia once her son was old enough and out of his concern with the harshness they were met with in the Outer Isles.
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 18
    • Powerful Powerful x 4
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
    #1 Messtro, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  2. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

Reserved

3. SorryNari

SorryNari Local Werewolf Supremium

dude, she's a midget.

4. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

yes she is

5. Aespair

Aespair Am I the only one here?

6. NoRezForYou

NoRezForYou Professional Hand Holder

Little bite sized bean!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Aespair

Here's my review.
    • Was the character around during the Freya Lo arc? If not then unfortunately they can't be retroactively written into the progression. It's usually best to just say the character wasn't in Regalia at the time.
    Make the edits in red and tag me when you're done.

8. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

She was within the progression during the Lo arc she was just rewritten. I’ll fix around the years if that’s the issue.

9. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

@Aespair
    Did the edits, changing her to not be part of it and added Silven to her after removing it from my other character.

10. Aespair

Approved.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  11. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

Took away her being a silven.
    @Aespair

12. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main

@Nesstro Apologies! If you would still like to have this character re-reviewed I would be more than happy to do so for you!

13. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

14. Caelamus

Re-Approved!

15. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

I'm reviving my Sihai, updated to the new format.
    @Caelamus

16. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

Now that's a name I haven't seen in a long time...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Caelamus

18. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

@Caelamus
    Kai was infected with vampirism recently and I made edits accordingly to reflect that.

19. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

Just realized I needed to fix the tag for re-review, whoops am mess.

20. Caelamus

21. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

She's been cured, don't know if that counts as a major change.

22. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

@Caelamus
    Updated her app to the new profs.

23. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

Looks great! Approved.

24. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

I'm so sorry for the close update but I updated her points to fit her backstory a bit more, edits made in porple.
    @Katiesc

25. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

@Katiesc
    Hi. She now has magic bb I added it on.

26. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

That's my bb. Approved.

27. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

@Katiesc
    I'm so sorry for the tag but I updated Kai to fit more towards how RP is going rather than being unarmed combat focused.

28. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

Tis all good buddy! Approved.

29. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

@Katiesc
    Don't know if this requires another re-approving session but.
    She's been approved for Silvenism and I have added such and I will add her mutations at a later date once they are approved.
    And I shifted a small set of points around because I am an indecisive lil mess.

30. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

@Katiesc
    Hi, I added Kai's silven stuff in green!

31. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

@Katiesc
    Heya, I edited Kai's points around a bit and the changes are in green.

32. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

COOL.

33. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

@Katiesc
    I'm so sorry...
    HEAVY REWRITE.
    I added on the questions list + rewrote her backstory.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  34. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

REJECTED.

approved tho

35. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

@Katiesc
    MA'AM I HAVE UPDATED MY POINTS.
    Edits in blu.

36. Caelamus

Re-approved, for future reference do tag Katie.
    @Nesstro

37. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

MA'AM I HAVE UPDATED MY STUFF.
    Stuff that has been updated:
    Changed all of 8 points around.
    Updated her backstory to get rid of the Silven mentions.
    Changed her eye color.

@Katiesc idk if this requires a re-review.​

38. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

@Katiesc
    HI.
    I removed her magic and added the mutation document along with editing her points around.

39. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

Approved.

40. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin