Jeixoria - My Own Terraincontrol World

Discussion in 'Minecraft Builder Showcase' started by Blake_Blakan, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Blake_Blakan

Blake_Blakan Traveller

While waiting for the new world to be released, I decided to work on making my own TerrainControl world. I first became interested in custom world development a little over 3 years ago, and started out trying to use WorldPainter. After painting numerous crusty-looking worlds, I tried out TerrainControl because I liked how Daendroc and Ellador retained some features of vanilla Minecraft, such as water lakes, caves, mineshafts, and dungeons. Back when I previously tried using TerrainControl, I had trouble figuring out how to create a world from an image, so it was difficult to get the biomes to behave how I wanted them to. This time around, I figured out how to make that feature of TerrainControl work, and created Jeixoria.

Jeixoria's size is 2528x2528 blocks, and the world border is set at 2080x2080. I made the mountains with the 5 varieties of vanilla Extreme Hills biomes, which I gave different biome heights, as well as a custom biome to make a flat valley between the two mountains. I made the forest with 20 spruce tree BO2s that I made about 3 years ago, and then took the surface block settings from the Mega Taiga biomes to make the ground look more interesting. In the forest biome, I also made glowstone occur as an underwater ore to give the forest some lighting during the night.

The isometric map and some photos of the landscape can be found in my Imgur album at: https://imgur.com/a/gmUUdXY

• Like Like x 2
    #1 Blake_Blakan, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  2. Bleeep

Bleeep

That's super cool! I'm not much into world building myself. Those mountains were really good though.

3. Arganam

Arganam Lord Brandt von Eisner

The images aren't working for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Doge of Helvetica Premium

All old images were disabled during the reset

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Arganam

Arganam Lord Brandt von Eisner

Oh, I forgot, whoops lol

6. Blake_Blakan

Blake_Blakan Traveller

I had trouble re-uploading the pictures on this new server, so I have assembled an Imgur album and posted a link in the original post. Enjoy!