• Character Sheets are optional on MassiveCraft. You do not need a sheet to play or be whitelisted on our server. You only need a sheet if you plan to engage in roleplay combat.

Played Character James Waters

This character is actively played.

jono_98

Something?
Reaction score
Faction
Enigma
Roleplay Guilds
Aelriggan Order
Character Information

• Full Name: Seamas mac Aodhan Ui Uisgeachan
    • Regalized: James Aidan Waters
  • Heritage / Culture: Cearden Ailor
    • Birthdate: July 14th 287
  • Aberrancy: Void Mageborn
Core Concept
  • James is a loyal, adaptable and free-spirited sailor. However, his patience and tendency to wait and see how things work out has led to an almost naïve worldview, especially when it comes to the people he cares for.
  • James is primarily faithful to the Eili pantheon of Fornoss but may be pulled in a different direction depending on circumstances...
Appearance Information
  • James stands at roughly 5'11" feet in height with fair/pale skin and an athletic build, his hair being shortish ginger waves with the front swept sideways a little.
Proficiency

Combat Style: Magic ATK, Constitution DEF
  • Magic: 8
    • (Magic Point Buy)
      Magic Snare
      Magic Cleanse
      Magic Warp
      Magic Shove
      Magic Resist
      Magic Disengage
    • (Adapt Point Buy)
      Oceanic
      Wardrobe
  • Strength: 1
    • (Melee Point Buy)
      Diving Tackle (Ailor)
      Bruising Strike
  • Constitution: 5
    • (Shielding Point Buy)
      Shield Block (free)
      Shield Cover
      Shield Deflect
      Shield Snare
      Shield Slam
      Shield Bunker
    • (Mounted Point Buy)
      Familiar Disrupt (Ailor)
Hobbies/Talents: Athletic, Magical

Ailor Heritage Mechanics:
  • Ailor are masters of languages, which is expected given their habit to culturally divides. Because so many of their languages are inter-connected, various words become more obviously related, and they also take more effort to learn other languages. If someone insults an Ailor, even in a language they do not speak, the Ailor would know, as they know most curse words or words by which to speak ill of others in all languages.
  • Ailor are the masters of the Regalian Empire, and while it has equality between all peoples and heritages, Ailor are just by virtue of being Ailor considered preferential for most government positions and judicial situations. Where possible to do with the Nobility, with Government, or with Palace decisions, Ailor will be treated preferentially over other peoples, even if their qualifications might be lesser than the other options.
  • Ailor make for excellent negotiators. Ailor gain +2 on top of every Persuasion Dice roll result, and their Persuasion Cap is also increased by +2 for every Dice Roll. These effects only apply to non-Afflicted, non-Mystech individuals, as their speech and habits are entirely fine-tuned to the more mundane aspects of global society, they must venture beyond their comfort zone to be able to reach Magic things.
  • Ailor whether by divine intervention or by sheer dump cosmic luck, always somehow end up on the right side of history. Ailor Characters when participating in Events, may sometimes stumble into an extreme luck roll that drops an additional loot item for one of the participants. This loot can be physical items, or intangible things like Divinium or an Artifactspark. Chances are higher for non-Magic using Ailor than Magic using Ailor.
  • Ailor when using Syncretism can worship up to 3 Gods of their sub-dominant Religion, instead of just 1 or 2. Additionally, when Syncretizing, they gain the Mechanic of the sub-dominant Religion (except for Evolism, where only one of the Mechanics can be chosen). If your Character does not Syncretize, they gain +1 Attack Stat (Breaking Cap up to 11) against Characters that have Syncretized their mono-faith.
(Active in Amontaar only) Aelrrigan Mercenary Company chosen mechanic:
  • Penn Carchar Mechanic: Penn Carchar Knights gain a +2 Bonus to every Persuasion Dice roll while also raising the Persuasion Cap by +2. Additionally Foreign Diplomats like them more.

Languages
  • Common
  • Aontaithe/Gallwech
  • Altalar
  • d'Ithanie
  • Breizh (learning)
  • Skodje (learning)

Life Story / Plot Hooks
  • James was born one summer day in a small homestead in the woods of Eidda to Catherine and Aiden Waters, being the youngest of their three children.
  • Having a connection to magic manifest itself at an early age made the boy's childhood a bit more interesting to say the least, his parents trying to help him manage the effects as best they could.
  • While first beginning to explore the area around his home by himself James came across a weasel which he adopted and named Eidrye.
  • When James was thirteen his father died from an accident while out walking. James helped out his sisters and mother around the farm, developing a talent for dealing with animals.
  • After his mother passed away due to illness James decided to take after his late father and become a sailor, voyaging across the seas on a number of different vessels.
  • At age nineteen James decided to try settling in the city of Regalia around the time of the Clicker Crisis, reuniting with his sister Dusk and later his oldest sister Maeve. Here he quickly made a number of friends and learned how to use his magic to more effectively defend himself and those close to him.
  • Recently got married to his fiancée Ceara, with a child expected to be on the way shortly. Also joined the Aelriggan Order as a squire.
    Unfortunately the marriage was tragically cut short as Ceara was murdered leaving James to raise their child on his own.
(NPCs in italics)
Family
  • (deceased) Aidan and Catherine Waters (parents): "I still miss you both."
  • Dusk Waters (middle sibling) (@Doeelk): "The sibling I feel closest to despite all the jabs."
  • Maeve Waters (eldest sibling) (@CanadianNeighbor): "You're coming back, right big sis?"
  • (deceased) Ceara Waters (wife) (@SilveriSmol): "Gods rest her soul."
  • Casidhe Waters (child): "You have your mother's eyes."
  • Althea (wife) (@Ilyrana): "My light in the darkness."
  • Steafan Waters (child): "Our bundle of joy."
  • Bliss Willow (adopted clanmate) (@KeysReborn): "The best Ithanian."
  • Bryn Waters (cousin) (@Ilyrana): "Pestering cousin."
  • Nora Waters (cousin) (@MightyElf90): "How's the training going?"
  • Maurice Waters (grandfather): "Implacable old man."
  • Maire Waters (cousin) (@andluc1): "I hadn't forgotten about you, honest."
Friends
  • Yvonne de Pierre (@Shade_Star): "So things didn't really work out between us, I still appreciate you though."
  • Divy Rousseau (@cucumber_ranch): "I don't know how we became friends exactly but I'm glad we did."
  • Gwilym Arnyn (@Winterless): "Something of an absent mentor."
  • Vivienne Haagensen (@Hautee): "We don't really talk as much as we should but you're always there at least."
  • Lieven Thorner Gwentyr (@Trackedpilled): "Predictable, I can say that much."
  • En'nuine (@Spectriel): "Fellow squire and supportive friend."
  • Palina de Pierre (@CanadianNeighbor): "I'm still waiting on that training you know."
  • Miyako (@MightyElf90): "You really need to stop overworking yourself."
  • Reynard Benac (@FolkFume): "The other older mentor figure."
Acquaintances
  • Pyria Farraan (@MightyElf90): "Typical Isldar, or seems like one at least."
  • Osmont (@HeyoBiggums): "Eh..."
  • Henry Windrocker (@Faunfire): "Trouble magnet."
  • Sibyllad Lykke (@Sujitation): "I've lost track of how many butchered variations of my name you've made."
  • Laenaine (@Indianna_Allie): "Some friendly competition. I think."

Last edited:
Claimed for review.

@Volaie
Made proficiency and ability changes for the Ailor update

@Caelamus
Changed his proficiency to make him more dexterity-focused

Reworked proficiency for the big update (magic especially) and expanded his backstory slightly

oh hey a point switch?

Added relationships, woot