Its Just A Game Bro

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by Aespair, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aespair

Aespair Am I the only one here?

I know from experience that it can be extremely annoying to hear this after someone takes a ton of stuff from you in game, but that's aside from the point of this thread.

The point of this thread is to tell everyone that the majority of your enemies don't hate you. If you get flamed in general chat, it's usually some four year old insult that you probably heard in pre-school at some time or another. For example, I called @Gobian and his faction Vanos a Salsa Scooper, which I thought was pretty funny at the time, although I was tired and broken when I said it so who knows. The point is, I don't hate Gobian or Vanos, them raiding me at times is just part of the survival aspect of the game.

Let's have another example. I've been enemied with Deldrimor for some time, and there was also a time way back when Arthas was a faction when @Sevak declared war on me. HOWEVER, I don't hate him, and he don't hate me. In fact, I'd even go as far to say that we're friends.

I can continue to list the other 25 enemies of my faction, but I feel as if that would be boring. So just take my word for it on the other 23.

Of course, there is a fine line between joking with your enemy and telling them that you will kill them (IRL) or for them to kill themselves. Keep that in mind.

So for you new faction leaders from other servers, just know that the people of massivecraft are pretty nice on the whole, and the flame here is 1000% handleable. (I even use to flame my allies in PvP chat ahahaha)

This thread is mostly a case of "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

2. Jackmo_Jones

Jackmo_Jones He's the Ripper, Jack the Ripper.

A good gauge for seeing if I like you is if I do in fact raid you. People I have a real dislike for get completely blacklisted from my gaming experience, I don't talk to them, I won't give them the pleasure of doing battle with me, I may even just /ignore them and pretend they don't exist. xD

Getting raided is just part of the game. You gotta have some red names if you ever wanna play the game of factions and if you play for any extended amount of time you're gonna get to know most the regulars and even form bonds of sorts. Can't just give up on the whole factions game because you know and like everyone.

3. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.
    1. The Second Alliance

4. spoonly

spoonly people need to hear it sometimes
    1. The Alliance

tell that to the try hard hcf players lmao

5. Aespair

Aespair Am I the only one here?

Yeah those servers tend to be filled with angsty 12 year olds

6. HeartAched

HeartAched ~Valerus King~

its just a bro, game

7. Savantly

Savantly CEO Premium

On the contrary, I strongly dislike a few of my enemies for good reason.
    But Aespair your koo <3
    Same goes for @HeartAched <3

#7 Savantly, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  8. HeartAched

Enemies? o.O

9. BadladBarbas

BadladBarbas Meme Connoisseur

BRO, BRO IT'S A PRANK.

10. Jackmo_Jones

Jackmo_Jones He's the Ripper, Jack the Ripper.

If you're still in Deldrimor they are enemied to Damorn... if pokyug is still in Damorn that is... and if Deld is still enemied to Damorn...

I'll just shut up now.

11. HeartAched

Nah I've been sitting inactive in my own faction for like the past 2 months lol xP

12. Ninja124r

Ninja124r brainlag
    1. -={The Great Kingdom of SunKiss}=-

Jes isn't nice >:(

13. taintedly

taintedly juggalo

You- You just necroed a year old thread solely to say that Jes isn't nice? Wow.

14. Ninja124r

Ninja124r brainlag

I'm looking through threads STOP making fun of me for my choice of words ;-;

15. taintedly

taintedly juggalo

I'm not making fun of you. I'm just stating that necroing multiple threads to self-advertise or say that Jes isn't nice is just. Immature.

16. Ninja124r

Ninja124r brainlag

Just a joke but mk

17. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss

no u

18. Kaezir

Kaezir Lunatic
    1. NorthWatch

I have explicitly stated in my faction's handy dandy handbook that none of my members are allowed to flame raiders. Even if the raiders are flaming.

19. Ninja124r

Ninja124r brainlag

thanks papa jes for backing me up

I'll build the potroom today

20. Genecide65

Genecide65 Mich

yikes

predict future lol

21. MorgothTheDark

MorgothTheDark Melkor

Yeah it's really annoying to have people curse you out and insult you every which way under the sun over a game, trust me I've got it full blast many a time, even when I lose lol. Especially when I lose.

Half the time it's what you said though, irrelevant drivel from an immature mind that has no relevancy toward me as a person or a player.

So I kinda sit back and smirk a bit when they take PvP so seriously and they sit there and berate me with insults because by that token I know I'm more intelligent and mature as a being than them.

Which really isn't hard to accomplish when someone is telling you to kill yourself, you're an idiot/retard, or that you suck over a ultimately meaningless fight in a virtual landscape.

I also assume that they aren't actually filled with hatred for me as an individual (although a few might be because I have tendency to be antagonistic at the first sign of hostility) and that any emotional outpouring into this game is more than likely a result of stress they experience outside of the game.

That or they are still emotionally immature and incapable of realizing how pointless and egoistic it is to berate someone over a game. Especially when that person could be a younger child.

It's ultimately just toxic. PvP community should realize we can fight and not hate. It's our role. This is why PvPers are here, to PvP for one team or another. Simple fact of the matter is someone will live, someone will die. That's the nature of PvP.

But alas, we are prone to irrational behavior. We all wanna play, but no one wants to lose ;)

I've gotten mad about dying and losing things before, but that's when I was young. I've matured enough to not get too emotionally moved by the way ANY game goes now (For the most part). Or even life for a large part.

COOL AS A CUCUMBA DOG

22. Edrom

Edrom

I, too, have watched a couple of episodes from Richard and Mortimer. Good to see a fellow intellectual as myself ponder about the nature of the art of "Minecaft player versus player".

23. MorgothTheDark

MorgothTheDark Melkor

virtually irrelevant input, as I'm pretty sure you're trying to be a little imp, but here

let me feed you just a little bit

:)

24. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP Supremium
    1. Argost

Ah yes, the hallmark pseudo-intellectual holier-than-thou drivel we've come to expect from you as a PvP community.

@Tokuu @Omnomivore lock this necro thread please

25. MorgothTheDark

MorgothTheDark Melkor

The amount of irony in what you just said is astounding.

Your comment here was irrelevant to the topic at hand, and you probably only did so because you just so happen to be one of the emotionally immature people I was referencing.

This just further reinforces my point.

26. Winterless

1. Argost

ah I see, so it's suddenly not allowed to reply to your pretentious nonsense, as you are immune from any and all criticism with the age-old retort of "it's irrelevant bro."

(btw, it's pretty immature to try and deliberately piss people off on Minecraft as well but that;s fine in your eyes so xDDDDD)
    again, please lock this thread @Staff

27. MorgothTheDark

MorgothTheDark Melkor

None of what I said was nonsense.

It was relevant to the thread.

That wasn't criticism.

It was irrelevant, you essentially made a personal attack on me after all I did was share my experience with matters related to the posed topic.

You have absolutely no room to talk after the behaviors I have seen you exhibit. There's a huge difference between making an objective in a game harder on someone, and explicitly insulting or telling someone to commit suicide.

You are literally acting like a child, you've been hounding me on threads for no reason other than your own incapability to manage your emotions.

yes, please lock the thread, because Winterless just had to come along and get some of his rage out so as to hijack the aim of the thread, he just couldn't sit back and let someone say something vague that he just so happened to take offense from

good lord spare his feelings, please! he is but a child!

#27 MorgothTheDark, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  28. Winterless

1. Argost

1. You're the one typing out paragraphs in response
    2. You're the one that feels like you have to tell everyone how mature you are
    3. "explicitly insulting or telling someone to commit suicide."
    I've never seen anyone tell you to commit suicide, nor anyone to anyone else on Massive in a looooong time. You insult people 24/7, but if anyone does it to you you cry harassment and immaturity. Get over yourself.
    4. "It was irrelevant, you essentially made a personal attack on me after all I did was share my experience with matters related to the posed topic."
    Is calling everyone who fights you "less mature and less intelligent" an attack or not? Funny how you think insulting an entire group of people is less bad than yourself being insulted once by a random person
    5. " You are literally acting like a child, you've been hounding me on threads for no reason other than your own incapability to manage your emotions."
    I "hound" you on threads because you are a toxic player who thinks he can simultaneously insult the PvP community, and then act like he has a major voice. I'm simply stating what everyone thinks about you and your pseudo-intellectualism that you spam on the forums like you panic-pot Health 2.
    6. "yes, please lock the thread"
    Good idea, I'm done replying to you. You wanna debate me ingame or on the forums fine, but not on a 2 year old threat B)
    7. "he just couldn't sit back and let someone say something vague that he just so happened to take offense from"
    Funny that, considering whenever you get criticised you claim harassment

29. MorgothTheDark

MorgothTheDark Melkor

1. Okay? Nothing wrong with having a bit to say. Means I care about the topic at hand, or have input.

2. Actually no, you're reading way too much into this because you don't like me. Which is why you can't argue rationally, because your perception is inherently flawed. I don't care about you as an individual, and when I post on something that you're on, if I happen to disagree with it, it's because I disagree with what you're saying. Not because I hate you. Big difference.

3. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It has. Also, I don't actually insult people that much. I don't know where the hell you pulled that from, unless it was that place the sun doesn't shine. I don't even talk that much in game, and even when I do things to annoy people I very rarely say anything to them, and even when I do it's rarely explicit insults. You must be psychologically projecting. You seem to do that a lot.

4. No, I said people that insult others or tell them to commit suicide over a game are less mature than me. They are. You can refute that all you want, but it won't make rational sense. Anyone who can refrain from insulting another individual over something meaningless, or telling them to commit suicide, when that person could be a child is immature. Someone who doesn't do those things is more mature than said person, at least in that specific incident.

5. I'm not toxic for the most part. I haven't been in a long time, actually. Also, me making things difficult for people, when possible, is not toxic so long as it's part of the model of competition at play. It's quite ironic you'd say that. I rarely talk in game, and when I post on the forums often enough it's suggestions or concepts. It just further goes to show the scale of your ego that you think you can definitively speak for the entire community. In fact, hearing about toxicity is quite laughable coming from you.

6. You literally came on this thread to insult me, after I simply offered my opinion on this matter. I really don't see how you can be so ignorant.

7. You are harassing me. Pathetically. You attacked my character, not what I stated. That's the first step toward a worthless argument. I never said anything about you, but you found truth in what I said, so lace that shoe up big boy.

Wow if only you'd had done that from the start, it's almost like what you posted here was completely irrelevant and needless. Who knew?

I guess not you, apparently.

#29 MorgothTheDark, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  30. Winterless

1. Argost

1. Ah, so would you say you're emotionally invested, and thus affected by what I'm saying?
    "So I kinda sit back and smirk a bit when they take PvP so seriously and they sit there and berate me with insults because by that token I know I'm more intelligent and mature as a being than them."
    Not so emotionally detached, are you?
    2. "Actually no, you're reading way too much into this because you don't like me. Which is why you can't argue rationally, because your perception is inherently flawed. I don't care about you as an individual, and when I post on something that you're on, if I happen to disagree with it, it's because I disagree with what you're saying. Not because I hate you. Big difference."
    You explicitly said that you thought you were more mature than everyone who flamed you, by extension saying that everyone who flamed you was less mature than you. Not much reading to do there fam.
    3. "Doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It has. Also, I don't actually insult people that much. I don't know where the hell you pulled that from, unless it was that place the sun doesn't shine. I don't even talk that much in game, and even when I do things to annoy people I very rarely say anything to them, and even when I do it's rarely explicit insults. You must be projecting. You seem to do that a lot."
    There's a video of you flaming Ieso incessantly because he beat you a few times on Velt and Massive. What on earth are you talking about?
    4. "No, I said people that insult others or tell them to commit suicide over a game are less mature than me. They are. You can refute that all you want, but it won't make rational sense. Anyone who can refrain from insulting another individual over something meaningless, or telling them to commit suicide, when that person could be a child is immature. Someone who doesn't do those things is more mature than said person, at least in that specific incident."
    Nope, it was about people who insult you in general. You added the "committing suicide" part later. Regardless, if they were saying that you should've reported them and they would've been banned.
    5. " I'm not toxic for the most part. It's quite ironic you'd say that. I rarely talk in game, and when I post on the forums often enough it's suggestions or concepts. It just further goes to show the scale of your ego that you think you can definitively speak for the entire community. In fact, hearing about toxicity is quite laughable coming from you."
    Objectively false. Deliberately trying to piss people off and abusing KOTH's worst aspects and acting surprised when people get mad at you, before flaming people for beating you and claiming that they're only good because of ping,will ALWAYS be the height of toxicity. I would know, I've done the latter for the last 3 years on Massive.
    "you think you can definitively speak for the entire community. In fact, hearing about toxicity is quite laughable coming from you"
    Hearing from me about toxicity is like hearing from an aerospace engineer from NASA about drag coefficient. I've been frequently called "the most toxic player on Massive" and "the most hated pvper on massive," so I think I know what I'm talking about when it comes to toxicity. Given how literally every single PvPer I've talked to dislikes you, I'd say that's a reasonable sample size to expand to the whole PvP community.
    6. " You literally came on this thread to insult me, after I simply offered my opinion on this matter. I really don't see how you can be so ignorant."
    I came on here to criticise you, not insult you. You seem to take it as an insult though, probably because you find a speck of truth in what I'm saying.
    7. "You are harassing me. Pathetically. You attacked my character, not what I stated. That's the first step toward a worthless argument. I never said anything about you, but you found truth in what I said, so lace that shoe up big boy."
    Big words from a dude who openly admits to enjoying annoying people for the sake of it ingame. Are you surprised that I'd debate you when you say something stupid after admitting to that? There isn't any argument to be had with what you're saying- it's egotistical nonsense about how you think you're better than everyone, and it's the same thing you always say on the forums. Not surprising, and not debate-worthy. What's your argument, exactly? That criticising someone is harassment? That being passive aggressive and trolling people ingame shouldn't produce a reaction in anyone?

"Wow if only you'd had done that from the start, it's almost like what you posted here was completely irrelevant and needless. Who knew?"
    Almost as needless as you using a 2 year old thread to pivot to you making sure everyone knew how mature and great and intellectual you were. You've got a complex fam

31. B0W

B0W ree roo

unironically the worst thread ive read in a while

32. MokeDuck

MokeDuck Hail the duckfather!
    1. The Glorious Kingdom of Celetil

I dunno whats going on here. idk. People flame and I sometimes take part in it. its always sarcastic though, so... yea. Flame is part of the game. Its gonna be part of the game until PvP in a raid isn't voluntary. When its not voluntary then you'll, as a raider, have something to do besides flame when the people aren't fighting. At that point, then the people raiding are gonna flame. If massive implements a system where both parties have a worthwhile thing to do during a raid and the success of that thing (not the success of the raid mind you) isn't determined 100% by the difference of skill of the two parties flame is gonna happen. idk what this thread even is. I just found it and started typing cause I'm a nerrrrRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.