Irina Haagenvig

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Hexanone, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Hexanone

Hexanone Terrifying Bear-Woman

Basic Information (Required)

• Full Name: Irina Haagenvig
    • Race: Velheim Ailor
    • Main Ambition: To aid in her family's goals, and to gain fame as a mercenary in the city of Regalia
    • Special Permission: Champion level - School of Lecgaen

Skill Information (Optional)
    • School: Military - School of Lecgaen
    • Level: Champion
    • Source: Mentored by Father and Teacher in Drixagh.
    Visual Information (Required)
    • Eye Color: Light Blue
    • Hair Color: Platinum Blonde
    • Hair Style: Half up, Half down.
      [​IMG]
    • Skin Color: Pale, off-white.
    • Clothing: Corseted shirt with baggy trousers and boots up to her knees. Leather gloves on both hands.
    • Height: 6'1
    • Body Build: Strongwoman
    • Weapon of Choice: Her hands. Bladed Gauntlets, Studded Gauntlets. Brass-Knuckles.

Personality and Abilities (Required)
    • First Paragraph: Irina is often seen as a rather bubbly and cheery young lass, she appears feminine and soft by nature, but when comfortable she's more brutish and stereo typically northern. She's almost always happy, and adores a sarcastic conversation. She's moderately well-mannered but does have a quick temper when she feels that there is malice in one's words, be it towards her or anyone around her that she knows.
    • Second Paragraph: Irina is confident in herself, to a point where she is almost arrogant when it comes to her abilities in a fist-fight. She holds most people at equal footing with herself so long as they prove themselves, which isn't very difficult due to her affable and laid-back nature. She always has a voice in the back of her mind telling her that what she's doing isn't enough. She'd work herself to the bone if she could, and has often been seen to have boundless energy, when she's normally running on fumes. She can hide her tiredness well.
    • Third Paragraph: Irina acts openly to her friends and family, if you get close to her, you get her. Clean cut, she's true to herself and others around her. And she'll gladly open up to anyone who shows a desire to know her, she's the sort of person to have a conversation with you at the bus-stop or on the train for seemingly no reason. She's friendly and protective to those she's close with.
    • Fourth Paragraph: Irina sees deeds as something that happens for a reason. She looks at the world as a series of actions and consequences, so she'll always try to see good in what others do, and what she does. If someone kills or injures another, she will show anger if the reason was malice or mal-intent. Any act of self defence is seen as a good deed in her eyes, but manslaughter is a step too far, thanks to the moral teachings of the Lecgaen school.
    Talents
    • Lecgaen Fighting Training - Irina has become proficient within the School of Lecgaen, effectively a genius when it comes to shifting her own centre of gravity to knock another off balance. She's been known to actually punch trees and knock them over with a bit of perseverance. She has incredible balance and speed in a fight, and when push comes to shove, she can really shove.
    • Tailoring - One of Irina's more delicate traits. She's always had a love for clothing, and had to find a way to aid in shipbuilding for her family that wasn't lumbering wood, so she turned to making sails. From a young age she was taught how to sew and measure by her mother, becoming rather skilled in the making of clothing for women and men alike. She was often looked to for clothing repairs or replacements in her tribe. And hopes for a similar experience in Regalia.
    • Sailing - When it came to actually using the boats she helped to build, Irina was one of the finest. Though inexperienced as a sailor in a general term, when it comes to Sailing, Irina has an impressive knack for controlling a boat and taming tides. What prevents Irina from taking her talent to her profession is her lack of navigation capabilities. She can barely tell left from right at most times, and map-reading is an exercise in futility. But nonetheless, when keeping a boat afloat, she has a naturally average skill, she can do it and hasn't had much training.

Life Story (Required)

<Born on a foggy summer morning, Irina Haagenvig punched her way into the world, not knowing left from right for obvious reasons on the 20th December, 287 AC>

• Ages 0-5 - The young Irina lived a rather fair and normal tribal life within the Kopvagr tribe in Drixagh, raised rather happily by Father Hjalmar, and Elder brother Asbjorn. During these ages she learned to speak both common and Northerne to a basic degree.
    • Ages 5-10 - Irina would continue to grow and develop through the years, slowly becoming interested in the fighting styles of the warriors of the tribes. She'd accompany her Father and brother when they went fishing and sailing, and this was when her talent in sailing began to show itself. Upon getting stranded about a mile from shore on a rather small boat, she managed to navigate her way through a moderately rough storm to safety. After a long walk home she arrived, unscathed and as happy as always, the boat wasn't so fortunate. Her talent in sewing also began to show here, when she began to actively help her mother craft clothing for the men of the village, as well as sails for the ships. Irina was noted as having a natural knack for tailoring as she began to make more decorated sails, showing her mother that merely using the stitching, you could add patterns to the sails without reducing the wind resistance.
    • Ages 10-15 - Irina finally found herself getting more involved in tribal affairs during these years. Beginning to learn the Lecgaen fighting style with the recommendation of her Father to the tribe's resident Champion, who normally only taught males, but made an exception for Irina. Irina trained with an almost obsessive desire to improve, and she did, improving her mind, body and technique rapidly within the first year, though she progressed the ranks normally as anyone else would. Upon her fourteenth birthday she was given a pair of bladed gauntlets as a present from her teacher, which still fit her to this day, but the blades have long since chipped and scratched. She never wears them.
    • Ages 15-19 - Irina continued in her Lecgaen training, now actively sparring with other tribesmen, which often led to her victory. She was growing and progressing rapidly in the hopes to become as good, or better than her teacher as fast as possible. She could be seen as impatient, but that impatience was driving her far in her training so it was a blessing of sorts. She's become proficient in dealing with Skagger and Blackmark fighting styles, and of course, countering her fellow Lecgaen practitioners. She still continued to sew and sail on the side of her training, as it was required of her as her responsibility as part of the tribe.
    • Age 20 (Arrival to Regalia) - Irina, on her 20th birthday, moved to the city of Regalia to reunite with her Father, and other members of her family. Arriving in the city was a culture shock for her, and being of nobility was somewhat new to her. Upon having her first conversation, she mixed up Tunge, her mother tongue and ended up confusing the poor soul. In good spirits, she bought them a drink for their troubles. Irina can be found running about the city on errands or training in the Lecgaen style. She has recently found out about the Sellswords from her Uncle, and intends to sign up, hoping she can find work that pays, to help her family.
    • Age 21 (Current) - Irina currently resides in a small home on the Regalian docks, living separately from her family due to a desire to be independent of them. She often claims herself to be noble only in name, and continuously rejects the courteous titles people have for her. Irina desire to aid those who are less wealthy than herself, which isn't that great a number. Irina works multiple jobs, mercenary work, as well as tailoring commissions for friends to keep herself on the financial upside. Irina endeavors to search for students to tutor in the Lecgaen combat school, as she believes that all people should be able to defend themselves from harm in any situation.

• Winner Winner x 1
    #1 Hexanone, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  2. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Claiming for Aspirant Review, expect a review within 24 hours @NovaFlameveil

(I've been trying to review one of you Haagenvigs)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Hexanone

I may end up making edits of my own from time to time, so excuse that. @Wumpatron

4. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

That's fine, I will not be getting to your app as I had initially intended. The review will be ready tomorrow instead. @NovaFlameveil

5. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Apologies for the delay, without further delay here's my review for Irina.
    • For starters you may wish to remove the explanation paragraph from the Personality and Abilities section, but if you have it there intentionally I have no issues
    • I'm hesitant on your talents. While the two involving ships are fine as themselves it is the fact that Irene is an Expert Strynger which would make the tasks difficult to accomplish with the training required to maintain her skill level at this early stage in her life. Lower her talents in sailing to her merely being able to sail at a basic level and I see no issues with you having the talents. Remember, Lecgaen should dominate most of her time, training and competing.
    • Your life story is a majority Irene training in her combat school, I am not saying this is bad, it is good given her age and the school in question. I see the sailing skill but I am not seeing the tailoring one. Include it at some point in the life story in a simple sentence. I would assume in her early years alongside her learning to sail.
    Make the edits above and tag me once completed.

@NovaFlameveil
    @LumosJared

6. Hexanone

7. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

8. Hexanone

Would I be able to ask. As a Strynger growing up, would it be possible to make her known in Drixagh as a child prodigy of sorts for winning competitions and tournaments alike?

@Wumpatron

#8 Hexanone, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  9. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

I would avoid doing so. While she may be good, to call her a prodigy would be ill advised as she is at the youngest age a Strynger can be at expert level. This is what I advise everyone, don't say that your characters combat proficiency is better than everyone elses, let it be appeared in RP and let others say it for you. If they believe you are a prodigy then you are, but it is not up to you to decide that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hexanone

Thanks, prodigy wasn't the best word to describe it I agree, I was half asleep. Thanks for the tip.

@Wumpatron

11. Hexanone

Does this application require further review? It's still tagged as under-review, and need to know if changes are needed.

@Wumpatron

12. Hexanone

@Wumpatron

Hey! Made a few edits to her character, just edited her a touch and made her culture lore compliant!
    They're in green.

13. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Approved

#13 Wumpatron, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018