Interweaving Character Backstories

Discussion in 'Roleplay Discussion' started by CocoaCherry, Dec 16, 2019.

1. CocoaCherry

CocoaCherry grandmother to all plants

So, FOLKS
    Character backstories!
    Whether you love or hate ‘em, all characters must have one.

And it got me thinking a couple days ago, just as I was reworking on my character app;
    Role playing characters in game is certainly the most fun and spontaneous way to develop and write their ongoing story, but it leaves little possibility for two characters to, let’s say, have a “way back” kind of history. More often than not, you either meet new characters or nourish relationships which occur within the Regalian city, right? Personally I think it’d bring a new breath of air and creativity to our characters if maybe their past stories touch and intertwine in some way.

Now, what I mean by that is...

What if said two characters met in a war and they recognise one another from across the Nook Inn bar? Did you say your character was a travelling performing artist, certainly someone must have attended your shows? What if they’re from the same home town? A lost friendship that by some serendipity crosses paths on the street? Or maybe a reignited rivalry...

For instance, my character Asterlea has been out working and sailing on many ships — surely, she must’ve met people at sea, whether friend or foe? (wink wink nUDGE NUDGE hmu)

There are many many possibilities and opportunities that I feel might be missed out on if we could otherwise include one another’s OCs in our backstories—to have them interact in the past! Or perhaps that’s just me because I’m a shy person to always initiate Roleplay.
    So I thought I’d open up a thread where people can post and reach out to one another if they’re interested in interweaving some backstories together!! (I'm unaware if something like this has already been done)

===​

IGN: (username)
    Character: (link your app)
    Brief Description: (2-4 sentences outlining your character in broad strokes)
    Dynamic: (are you looking for a specific dynamic at a certain point
    in time of your character’s story? Friendship, rivalry, forgotten love...
    or just want to jam it off and see where things take you?)
    Contact: (do you want to talk about it over DMs, discord, Skype... etc)

===​

Happy creating!

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Creative Creative x 3
    #1 CocoaCherry, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  2. CocoaCherry

I'm a lil nervous as to whether people would be interested in this concept but hey
    let's give it a try

IGN: CocoaCherry
    Character: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/asterlea-flutre.77650/
    Brief Description: An adventurous Estalar fueled by an innate sense of curiousity and escapist nature, a concoction that often leads her into troublesome situations. By day a talented seamstress living with her Mother and Aunt, working under the family name's Tailor Shop, by night probably exploring the sewers and picking up bad habits (tut tut). She adores the ocean and sailing and will often find herself bringing conversation to said topic.
    Dynamic: Aster has spent much time at sea, so it's likely she'd come across people there but honestly I'm kinda open to anything! Let's just see where our characters would take us.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  3. Luxus07

Luxus07 Draconic Mercenary

i agree with you that this can bring a lot of potential rp and that its good base for character reactions.

normally a backstory already involves these elements. that is technically the point of your backstory and the reason why it shouldnt just be a few google doc paragprahs never roleplayed out, or 200 words for the sake of an approved app.

which is why i would say this could be more a helping prompt for people to think about where in their characters life they could have interacted with other characters.

and if there is no such point, where they could insert parts that allow these interactions.

eg., the single military background detail of my character already sparked an honour duel, discussions, debates and pre-defined relations.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

IGN: AtticCat
    Character: Haeddi Harhold
    Brief Description: She’s the baby Harhold, the youngest of Hengest Harhold’s nine children at 18 years old. While she was born in Anglia, she spent eight years in Ithania with her mother, watch the arts and exploring the country, before returning to Anglia from year 10 - 15. Now she’s been in Regalia, technically, since she was around 15 or 16 years old.
    Dynamic: Either JAM it off or maybe if your character is someone who is an artist/dancer/singer etc from Ithania or Anglia she could be a fan girl..

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #4 AtticCat, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  5. CocoaCherry

I agree with everything that you’ve said! My idea with this thread was simply that for some it might be more difficult than others to find some people to role play/connect with enough to add them within your backstory (there’s a lot of good characters out there and it’s sad if people miss out on the fun of developing them!), especially for those starting out and trying to find their way around the extensive lore. It was just a little helping push to bring people together.

#5 CocoaCherry, Dec 16, 2019
  6. Luxus07

Yes! most helpful would be, in my opinion, to gather all the "knots" that tie characters together in backstory, and draft a list of characters for each (for example: characters that fought in the ranger crisis, characters that went to mariposa school, etc.) otherwise, nice thread! gonna fill out the form as soon as i get home.

7. ZiggyStarDusted

ZiggyStarDusted *lute music stops*

IGN: ZiggyStarDusted
    Character: Settimo dei Revello (app later)
    Brief Description: Once a travelling Dressolini snake oil salesman, trader and entertainer gypsy type in Daen via his caravan.
    Dynamic: I’m really up for any encounters that had happened during his travels through Daen, these would probably for the most part be short lived and last no more than his stay at the location! (Due to him as a traveler) he may have scammed you, he may have slept with you, either way he’d be gone soon as possible.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  8. CocoaCherry

Thats a superb idea..!!! I’m on my phone currently but when I have time I’ll see if there is some way I could arrange people’s forms together in catergories, that way they also won’t get lost in the replies (if enough people are interested in this idea). But thank you!

9. skullpanda90

skullpanda90 Sleeping Extraordinaire

Wow, I love this idea, oh my gosh. This is so creative I can't wait to see more.
    IGN:
    skullpanda90
    Character: Sylvi Valendal
    Brief Description: Past criminal turned "good" citizen of Old Town. Full of energy and laughter, a fan of theatrics and trouble making with a mean mischievous side. Her current life has turned her soft from the old days, but she's still a sucker for any action that gets the blood pumping. Fond of teasing others and tooting her own horn.
    Dynamic: Totally going for a jam off for anyone who wants to recognize her from her past, so here's some parts of her life I figured could be an in for other people to know too much about her and make her wish they didn't.

Traveled Nordskag from her childhood to teens in a minstrel group.
    Trained as a Darkmark at Linvel Keep.
    Joined a coven in her sewer days, as well as getting up to no good in general.
    Became a Violet Guard, then Hightower, then Warden before resigning.
    Was apart of the Charge on Saint Helena against Rikkira's Dragon Cultists.
    Used to be known as "Silver Valentine" before deciding to use her real name.
    Now helps run the Nestled Nook.

Contact: Discord -> molly#5555 (there's a symbol after my name which might mess it up..)

10. PuffyPigeon

PuffyPigeon The puffiest damn pigeon of them all.. Supremium

IGN: PuffyPigeon
    Character: Cyrillian Aredeth
    Brief Description:

• Taste of Backstory: An ancient Fin'ullen Altalar who has devoted his long life to both the medical sciences and magics. He's an experienced battle-med and Lightness Sorcerer who has taken part in frequent skirmishes with the Dread Empire, and has long examined the effects of Void and Exist energies on this Alorian plane. After the fall of the Allorn Empire, he was among many to work tirelessly in rebuilding what little was salvageable.
    • Personality: A rather stern and reserved man, and when he feels he can get away with it unscathed, one rather blunt and upfront with his opinions and feelings of people or otherwise. Highly devout to his faith and a fervent care-taker, yet seldom smiling. Not for lack of empathy, he makes a very poor counselor for others' feelings.
    Dynamic: A friendships and enemies seem like my cup of tea here, romance not so much.
    • Born to a Central Altalar and Maritime parentage, though refusing to diverge with the other Fin'ullen at the collapse. More or less, staying among Teledden.
    • Traveled and is still traveling the world, it may be likely he'd met your character depending on timing.
    • Has treated or at least dissected the bodies of each and every race, including the technical non-races such as Maiar and Dakkar.

#10 PuffyPigeon, Dec 16, 2019
  11. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

Reserved for break ,,,

• Immersive Immersive x 1
  12. CrimsletMonarch

CrimsletMonarch Priestess?? Dawn Songstress?? Emotional Wreck??

IGN: CrimsletMonarch
    Character: Novellia Raedotter av Fristadvlom
    Brief Description: Novellia is an Estling(Half-Ailor, Half-Sihai) noblewoman with black hair and ocean blue eyes. She's only 5'1" in height and small in form. She tends to have a delicate and serene disposition at her best, often having a gentleness. But should she be good friends with someone, she'll light up and want to speak to them about everything.
    Dynamic: Pick and choose! Go on ahead!

From Birth to the age of 9, Novellia was an indentured servant to a merchant family in Ithania.
    However, at age 8, she does go to Regalia and sings in public for the first time at the Regalian Opera House.
    From 9 to 20, you could catch Novellia anywhere almost! She'll either be singing, doing courier work, working part-time at a restaurant, or other types of labor to pay for her travel.
    Ithania (9 & 15)
    Essalonia (9-11)
    Ériu-Innis (11)
    The Outer Isles of Dexai (15)
    Silverwind (16)
    Farah'deen (17) [During the Bone Horror Crisis]
    Daendroc (14)
    Ceardia (12-13)
    Parts of the Regalian Archipelago
    - Regalia (8 & Current)
    - Rikeland [Kerwolf/Upplanda in current map] (15 & 20)
    [The following are places she passed through to get to either Regalia or Rikeland.]
    - Calemberg
    - Alexanderburg
    - Chetznitz
    - Calderliga​

Novellia was only able to become free at age 9, when cloaked people attacked the estate she worked in.
    In the chaos, she lost her mother and had to run off with the help of a mysterious woman.
    Note: There's a character that fills the role of the mysterious woman. But any other roles in this matter are pretty open.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    #12 CrimsletMonarch, Dec 16, 2019
  13. SevenBirds

SevenBirds Phantasmal and Resplendent

This seems like a good idea! I also really enjoy previous character relationships, since both I and my character are shy about approaching strangers. (Working on that, on both counts.) Here's my lad!

IGN: SevenBirds
    Character: Alasdair Lachlan
    Brief Description: Alasdair is a gentle soul haunted by guilt from his past. He wants to figure out how to redeem himself and just live a quiet, simple life with his animals, but circumstances have made that difficult.
    Dynamic: I'm good with whatever ideas folks might have (except romantic attachments, probably), but here are a couple quick thoughts I had.
    - an acquaintance from before his desertion (person from his home village, fellow soldier, etc)
    - someone met while travelling (I specifically mentioned him travelling with some Ériunin at one point, where he learned a bit of music and language, but there's plenty of room for others)
    - an apprentice/mentoring relationship at some point, maybe to be picked up again in Regalia

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. SleepyIsVerySlep

SleepyIsVerySlep Socialite Doctor

IGN: sleepyisveryslep
    Character: Saffrona Caradotter av Fristadvlom
    Brief Desc: Saffrona is a travling cook, hopeful she makes a pleasnt meal for all her customers while putting on a show. Think like a hibache chef, but with magic.
    Dynamic: Anything is fine, but mostly positive relationships. She for sure has messed up once or twice, so maybe a loved one died via food poisoning after Saffrona had already left, but because of her cheery retail attitude, this likely wouldn’t be attibuted to her. Due to her nature of only being in a town for a week at most, she could be found almost anywhere that Ailor, Sihai, Qadir, Clieothar, and Yanar could be found.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    #14 SleepyIsVerySlep, Dec 16, 2019
  15. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

16. SevenBirds

SevenBirds Phantasmal and Resplendent

Does she have a fantasy TV show she's since forgotten about? (x

17. SleepyIsVerySlep

SleepyIsVerySlep Socialite Doctor

SHUT

• Like Like x 1
  18. Luxus07

IGN: Luxus07

Character: Sakara

Brief Description: Veteran Songaskian commander who was forced to leave the army during the civil war. Has been a mercenary since, only now re-connecting with her past through fellow Songaskians and her former enemies in Regalia.

Dynamic: I am open for any kind of interaction, especially former soldiers who may have encountered Sakara. Specifically noting that she partook in the below wars:

• Various wars waged on Mooriye and Al Alus (Qadir holds).
    • Various wars waged on Hadravia
    • The Songaskian occupation of Regalia
    • The Hadravian War
    Especially interested in characters that fought against the Songaskians during the occupation, either on the server or in world progressions.

Further open to any Songaskian character for former Masaya contact / acquaintance. Also open to other mercenaries. Sakara pretty much been all over the world during the four years between 303 and 307 (including multiple trips to Hallonq, Daenshore, Arvost, a trip to Ellador, multiple trips to Nordskag and Essalonia).

19. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

I'm doing my two characters in this.

Kai-si'en
    IGN:

Nesstro
    Character:
    Kai
    Brief Description:
    A born aether silven and mage that lived in Dexai for most of her life until she began traveling as a merchant. When she began traveling she ended up with a group of pirates one way or another. She's a logical yet sometimes odd individual when it comes to interacting with others and is commonly seen as an Eastern Merchant.
    Dynamic:
    She could have met several people along the way having stopped in many ports as she went through life. She could have met and befriended or caused mischief to others in her travels. More can be discussed over discord if you're interested in knowing the Sihai.

Cecille
    IGN: Nesstro
    Character: Cecille Typhonus
    Brief Description:

A rather quiet noble with a wild side locked away that only truly shows when she is with people she trusts. She enjoys the more humorous side of life along with art and history.
    Dynamic:
    She went to a diplomacy school for most of her younger years along with learning how to dance. So, the same as before with Kai, message me if you'd like to connect backstories in any way!

20. Speedl0rd

Speedl0rd getting closer

IGN: SpideyClaus
    Character: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/yasuke.76561/
    Brief Description: A young and wild rat boy born and raised in regalia, mainly in the slums and sewers. He's the bastard child of two rich Sihai and has been almost completely on his own since he was 10.
    Dynamic: Literally almost anything. He's done a lot, including robbing graves, helping slavers, stealing a small boat and giving tours, etc. Maybe he scammed someone into buying cheap jewelry for more than it's worse?? Maybe he helped enslave someone during the songaskian occupation?? Maybe he hung out with some gang for a little bit?? Maybe he just became homies with someone in a bar he shouldn't've been in?? Maybe he just fucking mugged someone?? there's a lot. I also left his family open ended so there's that too :)

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  21. Rowet

Rowet support main Supremium

reserved for when i'm not busy !!!!

22. KK134

KK134 Regalian Pioneer

IGN: KKisname
    Character: Margaret Henriche
    Brief Description: A caring devout Nonnatean who worked as a colonial farm girl from ages 1-19. From ages 60-64 she was a Revered Mother helping the poor and misguided
    Dynamic: Just any time from ages 1-19 or 60-64. Maybe someone in need of charity or seeking guidance, some mugging, or blasphemy even maybe(spicy)?

• Like Like x 1
    #22 KK134, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  23. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

I'll get there XD

24. Jovee

Jovee Piano Man

IGN: Jovee
    Character: Atticus Faulkner
    Brief Description:

Atty's a forty year old pianist, father of twin, ten-year-old daughters, and has been known to sleep around on occasion. He works at the Hidden Dragon now, but had been living in squalor for nearly twenty years up until this point. While he's been in Regalia for a good deal of time, he lived in Rikeland for a while and studied in Ithania until the last bit of his adolescent years.
    DETAILS TO MULL OVER:
    ❖ [ 267 ] Born in Holzskagger.
    ❖ [ 267 - 277 ] Raised in Rikeland until 10.
    ❖ [ 277 - 284 ] Studied music in Ithania for seven years until he slept with one of his instructors, whom was married at the time. He was kicked from the program when the administrators found out.
    ❖ [ 284 - PRESENT ] Arrived in Regalia at age 17.

↬ Knows a great deal about raising dogs. He could easily train a young pup to do plenty of helpful tricks and learn specific commands-- hostile or otherwise.
    ↬ Played piano in a variety of pubs and dive bars to make quick coin.
    ↬ Accepted plenty of odd jobs with his seafaring friends; most assignments were less than lawful. Could be anything from smuggling drugs to subterfuge and kidnapping [ it'd have to be a semi-noble endeavor, though-- he's a little soft-hearted ].
    ↬ Currently a courtesan and bartender at the Hidden Dragon.
    Dynamic:
    I'm down for a great deal; however, I'm a sucker for conflict. If you've got a character that might not agree with how Atty lives, lemme know! Granted, I'm happy to rp anything, so lay it on me, regardless, if you think you've got a good fit. :D
    DM's // Discord preferred! Jovee#5444 is my tag~

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  25. rimacutem

rimacutem Local dwarf

IGN: rimacutem
    Character: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/wulf-blacksmith.78536/
    Brief Description:Was born to a poor Anglian family of cooks living in Regalia. Rather than slaving himself, so some rich family can pay them some low wage on which he can barely survive, he decided to rather join gang during his rebelious teenage years. Currently is old, fat man, refusing to accept that his prime days are long gone, currently working in wraith bar.
    Dynamic:
    Nothing specific. If you have any character who was born in city, mainly criminal, sewers and slum dwellers and guards, he could have met me in last 5 decades. But having group of old criminal reminiscing of old days could be cool. Maybe even dwarven or Anglian family woudl be cool

(Currently he is Ailor, but I might rewrite him into Anglian Aldor)

#25 rimacutem, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  26. rimacutem

rimacutem Local dwarf

IGN: rimacutem
    Character: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/vargas.79914/
    Brief Description: A half orc half kathar, who lived his whole life as a pitslave in Paärthalaär, being source of enjoyment of Kathar. Not having connection to his mother's culture, since he never had opportunity to meet it, or to Kathar culture, despising his owners.
    Dynamic: Either fellow pitslaves or Kathar guards or Kathar who saw my 'shows'. Could be anything from animosity to friendships.

#26 rimacutem, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  27. bahmboozled

bahmboozled bahmboozling Staff Member Roleplay Staff

IGN: bahmjam
    Character: cow
    Brief Description:

• A man simply born somewhere in the North Belts, a burning avarice for something to redeem himself. In the cold, desolate winter lands: a beast to hunt-- that is the only choice.
    • Notably too, this greed for redemption is partly in due to satisfy the All-Being watching over him — so he may be showered with its blessings.
    • In his journey, he has spent many-a-year in the North, his travels covering Jorrhildr, Ellador and the North Slags extensively (this can be a reference point of how you met him)
    • In recent times, he is commonly seen at the crumbling temple of the Old Gods... Hands held in silent prayer before the Union of Air
    Dynamic:
    • IMO, the dynamic for the character is very niche; unless your character has been somewhere in the North Belt before... Or is perhaps of the Old Gods / Fayth beliefs, chances are you won't have heard of him unless I'm doing dumb shit in rp.
    • Commonly seen running around with a wolf skull because no one arrests me for it

28. Antimreoir

Antimreoir Refugee

IGN: Summermore
    Character: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/marissa-morgann-a-return.76993/
    Brief Description: A particularly quiet wandering Breizh swordswoman who has fought in many wars and duels in her life, entirely devoted to her craft, and those she holds close to her.
    Dynamic: Anything, really. Whatever works.

ALSO

IGN: Summermore
    Character: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/terashinth-fenrallis.79185/
    Brief Description: A lesarran Altalar with an obsession for the craft of smithing and the finer crafts, she spends much of her time indoors, working and refining herself as an artist, a craftswoman and a sorceror.
    Dynamic: Again, anything.

29. ScrungoDog

ScrungoDog The Scrungle and the Bungle

IGN: WingedHussaria
    Character: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/eirika-von-kurste.75799/#post-936526 & https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/severiia-a-nuszárok-the-tempest-of-szülőföld.79526/
    Brief Description: Respectively,

Eirika von Kurste is a young Calderligan merchant belonging to the Kallerwald Hanse in the heart of the Calderligan territories. She has learned her trade through a schooling in diplomacy and finances at the Hanse and has been working with her father to manage her business acumen.

Severiia A Nuszarok is an Avanthar, raised amongst Szabadok for the majority of her life who has spent much of her time raiding and sacking settlements out of self-interest or as a mercenary, though she may be ruthless where money is concerned, when there isn't a regal at the stake of her actions she is strictly bound by her own form of honour, in a Raider's Honour.

Dynamic:
    Eirika: Perhaps someone who, in her past instructed her on finances or linguistics, she has travelled far with her family on business and is sure to have made many friends, associates and rivals along the way.

Severiia has been a hired hand in many wars within the Regalian Archipelago, but also in smaller regional struggles. She will find camaraderie in those who take joy in pillaging and raiding, and those who desire coin, enemies of those whom she has raided, and companionship in those who have spent time with her, sharing the merriment of a raider's victory, or being welcomed to her horde through a more pragmatic sense of loss. Severiia has also spent a moderate amount of time being hired to train cavaliers and archers.

30. Mathuwm

Mathuwm

IGN: Mathuwm
    Character: Zzaav Al-Azzyl
    Brief Description:

• An Al-Allar given combat training in the claws of Karfanth for 18 years, 1 year into the Chrysant war, He also studied alchemy during that duration, Then went to fight in the Chrysant war for 4 years, went into hiding for a while, and then went to regalia. He is constantly anxious, and loves alchemy, His father fought in the Chrysant the full five years but died.
    Dynamic:
    • Probably would have met someone during the training in claws of Karfanth, or Met someone during the Chrysant War, or the unlikely option of I met them during Hiding, since Allar were persecuted for a bit after the war.

31. milkdudders_

milkdudders_ Refugee

IGN: EquinoxMilk
    Character: Khyrani Vahana
    Brief Description: A horrifically burned Isldar. A firebrand Jacobinist that regularly gives speeches. In person, they are distant but polite. In private, they are caring and deeply affectionate. Genderless and mildly (extremely) traumatized.
    Dynamic: Any and all! Even the Orcs that killed his entire family.

32. Lewis_McEnd

Lewis_McEnd Stringpuller

IGN: Lewis_McEnd
    Character: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/azrhael-gomorrha.78277/
    Brief Description: Azrhael Gomorrha was born into a wealthy family, but ruined by having a Brood as child. He lived a few years, hidden, in his village, aswell visited the village's unionist church where he was accepted into. Years later, he came to Basta with the help of a Curate. He then was educated by a Knight, because he himself was unable to join the actual school. He lived a quite normal life until his mid twenties, before he came to regalia. When he arrived, he was homeless and stayed in the Sewers for several years, but now he is living life somewhat normally again.
    Dynamic: Well, family wise, it could be a Brother or Sister, perhaps a cousin? Childhood friends are not that many, though perhaps the Curate from the Church can still be around! Such as the Knight that helped him has nobody to be played. Perhaps friends from his sewer life? Or family from his former Wife?

33. OkaDoka

OkaDoka Bottomless Pit Supervisor Staff Member Lore3

IGN: OkaDoka
    Character: vivana
    Brief Description:
    Vivana Avalorn is a long-lived Prince and Lord of the Altalar, and has in that lifespan of hers had many opportunities to come across people, whether it be on the ocean, on Daen, on Corontium, or in distant Ellador or Farah'deen. Having spent most of her life on Daen, the stoic elf taught swordplay and officering in Rie for the majority of her middle years, and only recently exactly made herself apparent in Regalian holdings. A larger than life and commanding figure, she will talk about anything magical or militant with ease, but besides that may find herself confined to the simple bounds of small talk and agreeable inclinations.
    Dynamic: I actually already have a lot of people tied up in her backstory, so I'm not looking for anything big, but a couple passing conversations from which you might have Big Elf as a familiar face might very well make her backstory teaching in Rie and her status as one of the last ruling Elves north of that same city a little more palpable and believable on-map.

34. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

IGN: KrakenLord01
    Character: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/aquello-cionessa.65447/
    Brief Description: A scholarly and no-nonsense Fin'ullen Altalar obsessed with the study of magic and the supernatural. Born a Saivale Kathar, he spent most of his life in worship to the Void before turning to Xenophane and transforming into a Lector Manathar based more around pragmatic reason than ideal faith. He now looks into the fabric of both Void and Exist while wandering a tightrope of how far he's willing to go for progress, though has also considerably humanized since he stopped being a Kathar.
    Dynamic: Just about anything, maybe a Kathar who knew him back in Paarthalaar or a person who encountered him during the decades he was on a Void pilgrimage in Daen. Aq'uello would more than likely have a hostile relationship with any non-Kathar (or perhaps even other Kathar based on circumstance) prior to becoming a Manathar and abandoning his Void Worship.

IGN:
    KrakenLord01
    Character: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/jaean-ha.78316/
    Brief Description: A wholesome old Frivolous Sihai hailing from Dexai who has mastered Eastern Unarmed Martial after training with monks, but also manages a day job in both brewing and finances. Hailing from the Be'ha-sai Clan, Jae'an joined up with a mercenary group in his youth before leaving that life behind in order to start a brewery and raise a family back home.
    Dynamic: Anything goes, though most likely with friendship or acquaintances on good terms. Jae'an would have encountered numerous people during business trips or even during his early mercenary days traveling across everywhere from Daen to Farah'deen. If your character is Sihai and trained in Eastern Unarmed, they could have met Jae at the monastery or just as a fellow trainee in defensive martial arts. If going for a more hostile or tragic relationship, maybe Jae's Be'ha-sai Clan screwed over a character's own family in business dealings, or the mercenary company Jae joined before ruined someone's life during a battle so long ago.

#34 KrakenLord01, Dec 18, 2019
  35. TrashCanFicus

TrashCanFicus Kathar Queen

IGN: TeenySeaTrash
    Character: Womp
    Brief Description: Grew up in daendroc with a moderate cluster of family members of medics and farmers. Left to Regalia with mother after father left with young sister due to mothers illness. Took up stave combat to help practice her religion as a protector, also goes by Adaen Grunewald when she takes a defender role. Has interest in botany and anything alike, becoming a medic, and starting her bakery/flower shop.
    Dynamic: Either a relationship with a friend that helped her intergrate into Regalian society and get on her feet, or perhaps someone that doesn't agree with how she decides to practice her religion of the Fated Faith.

36. Batel_

Batel_ Magical Batel

IGN: Betel_

Character #1: Kamaria Ahmed
    Brief Description: A 29 year old Qadir woman, Kamaria is from one of the many Hadrityas of Al-Alus. Her primary skill is clockwork engineering, though she also has some combat experience with a quarterstaff, used on past Times of Tajul. Her personality is nerd-ish, but she can also be bold. She has been in Regalia since only this past April, and before that had only been around other parts of Farah'deen, mostly being Al-Alus.
    Dynamic: Another character could of been from her Hadritya, someone she traveled with on one of her two Times of Tajul, or someone she met at on the ports of Al-Alus.

Character #2: Se-ing'ha
    Brief Description: A 27 year old New Dynasty Sihai woman, with fennec fox aesthetics. Se-ing'ha's primary skill is unarmed eastern martial arts, which I have based off of IRL Judo. She had learned these martial skills from the Loong monks in their temples, where Se-ing'ha spent much of her time as a youth. From them she also learned her basic medical skills and lightness sorcery. She also knows a bit of culinary arts from her Frivolous Dynasty father. Her personality is peaceful, kind, and curious. Se-ing'ha has only been in Regalia for about a week, and before had spent the majority of her life in Dexai, only first leaving it two years ago to travel to its outer islands and to Farah'deen (Al-Alus, mostly).
    Dynamic: Another character could of trained with Se-ing'ha while learning her unarmed eastern martial arts skill, or also/or while learning her medical training. Another character also could of been one of the Loong monks that taught her. One last option, another character could of been the Captain of one of the merchant ships that Se-ing'ha hooked rides on, to get to her various travel destinations over the past two years.

• Winner Winner x 1
    #36 Batel_, Dec 18, 2019
  37. Hutydan

Hutydan pfp by me

IGN: HuttiePatootie

Character 1#: Aymeronn Aelrindel Aderus.
    Brief Description: Ex-wind watcher law-abiding Isldar, sent to Regalia to protect the now deceased Siora, with now a new purpose as Isldar diplomat and ex-violet guard.
    Dynamic: Friendship, rivalry- or anything really. He's ought to have many acquaintances from the time he spent working as a wind watcher back in Ellädor.

Character #2: Rydellurean Lo'Ravenkier.
    Brief Description: Ex-performer at Daendroque, turned mercenary, turned cook. Nowadays he doesn't perform anymore and lives in Regalia, but he used to be a theatre nerd and singer, you might've bumped into him while he was working at the smaller bars in daendroque, or when he was out manning a crossbow for a mercenary group. Alternatively, you could've simply bumped into him at his new workplaces, Nadie's restaurant and the Dove Sanctuary (skincare place).
    Dynamic: Friendship, rivalry, or maybe an admirer of his work to make things extra awkward?

Character #3: Tayllü Hállëvandëia.
    Brief Description: Small troublemaker seamstress, who works as a freelancer on the move seller- In other words, they sell clothes to passer-by's, or just causes havoc for the sake of their own entertainment.
    Dynamic: Partner in crime, friends/penpals? rivalry, or maybe you just have their guts, who knows.

#37 Hutydan, Dec 20, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  38. onlyathot

onlyathot the thottiest of them all

IGN: sadsoda
    DM or Discord

this is for three characters (mains)

Character:

Brief Description:
    Milojica, or Milo, is a bastard born Half Elf (Isladar/Höglander Ailor) of House Fristadvlom and a law student at the Scholar's Academy in Regalia.

Details:

❖ [ 282 ] Born in the Rikelands.
    ❖ [ 288 - 289 ] Following a raid by bandits Milojica and his family were forced North into Drixagh.
    ❖ [ 289 - 300 ] Lived a very sheltered, if not hermit-like, life with his mother in a secluded forest in the northern reaches of Drixagh. He had little interactions with people outside of his immediate family save for the occasional visit to the market. His father was in and out of his life, appearing a handful times a year.
    ❖ [ 300 - 305 ] After receiving a hard earned scholarship to the Scholar's Academy of Regalia, he was sent south where he studied law. His time at university was hard, especially with the rising tensions between the North and Regalia. Seen as an outsider, Milojica made very few friends while studying.
    ❖ [ 305 - 306 ] Following the Burning of the North and a beating from a peer, Milojica fled to the North where he joined an Oldt Fayth commune. He had been a faithful Unionist near all his life due to his father's orders; yet, living in the commune he felt free and for once, accepted. He had found a home.
    ❖ [ PRESENT ]

↬ Tragedy struck once more, and the commune he lived in was mercilessly slaughtered by Unionist fanatics.
    ↬ Milojica returned to Regalia, shaken, to finish his schooling and try to forget his past.
    ↬ He contracted the Werebeast Curse and found a new family. For a time, it was fun and he felt at his best whilst running about as a wolf.
    ↬ After being betrayed and cured, he was then informed in a very blunt letter from the man who had claimed to be his father of his true identity: he was the bastard son of the noble family, House Fristadvlom, and he was part Isladar - something he had been unaware of his whole life given his ears had been clipped as an infant.
    ↬ Confused and lonely, Milojica is desperately trying to find a place in his newfound position.

Dynamic:

Anything and everything is welcome! Milojica is lost, so to speak, in he doesn't know where he belongs. Should he follow his father's orders and become a proper Regalia nobleman or stick to his roots as a Northerner? Is he a true Ailor or is there more to learn of his newfound Isladar heritage? What gods will listen to him: the Spirit, the Dragons, the Old Gods? Then there is the call of the wild, a yearning at the back of his head to run free and wild as a Werebeast once more.

Character:

Brief Description:
    Olivia is a nobleborn Ithanian who spent her adolescence in Dexai. She is a famed diplomat and skilled alchemist who will do anything to achieve her goals. She has recently returned to Regalia following her failures amongst the Regalian court.

Details:

❖ [ 258 ] Born in Ithania.
    ❖ [ 262 - 280 ] Olivia moved to the outer isles of Dexai with her merchant father who had secured a lucrative trade deal with the Sihai. It was there that she studied under a Regalia diplomat, studied alchemy, fell in love, and gave birth to a baby girl.
    ❖ [ 288 - 292 ] Her mother and father die out at sea, which Olivia discovers was a plot by her in-laws. Enraged, she used her alchemical prowess and connections to have her in-laws murdered. Shortly there after, he husband and daughter are slaughtered in her mother's estate in Ithania. Olivia returned to her father's lands in Pays-Sud (Micelle) to govern and grieve.
    ❖ [ 304 - 306 ] After a decade of rulership and no response from the State following her family's death, Olivia heads to Regalia to find justice. Her time in Regalia is littered with petty plots, deception, and minor flings. While she gained titles and power, in both the Regalian and Ithanian courts, it ultimately ends in failure. Her brother and heir, the sole surviving member of her family, Côme goes missing and Olivia spirals. Selling off her estate and abandoning her titles, she fled to the open sea to find solace.
    ❖ [ PRESENT ]

↬ Olivia has returned to Regalia following the invasion of a foreign King in Ithania.
    ↬ She has undermined plots to imperialize the last stronghold of Ithanian culture in Micelle.
    ↬ Due to the above, she is being hounded by the current Chancellor, Louis Delmotte.

Dynamic:

Olivia is looking for people to help her gain power and prestige, through any means necessary. She in not above lying, stealing, poisoning, scaring; the means justify the ends in her eyes. Additionally, she would like to bring the Ithanian culture back to prominence within Regalia so if you have any french fries please plot with her! Finally, I am tentatively looking for some Ombre family members.

Character:

Brief Description:
    Sidibé is a Songaskian priestess of Shambala, who is utterly devout to her faith. Her training has made her an adept hand to hand combatant and a talented sorceress. She has come to Regalia to spread the holy light of her faith to the darkest crevices of the city.

Details:

❖ [ 252 ] Born in Farah'deen.
    ❖ [ 252 - 259 ] Grew up with the other children of her clan, studying their religion.
    ❖ [ 259 - 290 ] Sid was a protege of her clan, easily
    mastering magic and combat alike. Her family and outsiders alike began to see her as a leader, and soon, she had found a following of her own.
    ❖ [ 392 - 303 ] A civil war broke out amongst her clan, one side following Sidibé and her fanatic teachings while others desperately clung to their traditional values. Eventually, Sidibé overthrew the head of their faith and formed her own cult.
    ❖ [ PRESENT ]

↬ Sid has come to Regalia to spread her faith and bring light to the darkness.
    ↬ She spends much of her time in the sewers where she has faced off against agents of darkness such as the Lich Lord.

Dynamic:

I really enjoy playing Sid but I find it difficult to do so with the few Songaskia around. Please hit me up if you want to do some dragon things~~ Or some magic related plots would be nice, I'd like to find her a master for those sweet acolyte buffs.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  39. Magivore

Magivore No Rest For The Wicked

IGN: Magivore
    Character: Xilthruum the Lich Lord
    Brief Description: Xilthruum is a recently-evolved Upyric Zikiel that uses the Lichly form as a social suit of armour. Paranoid, omniphobic, and always preparing for the worst to come, his scholarly work primarily focuses on artifacts, technology, and how all of these interact with the world. However, before a year ago, Xilthruum was essentially partying in Daendroc for nearly 300 years with free-lance education and charity drives that existed for the purpose of getting the unfortunate hooked on substances, Sanguinism, and favours owed to the xenophobic Zikiel. To those who knew him before 45 years ago, Xilthruum was part of a circle of Zikiel scholars and didn't yet lead a coven. To those who knew him before 90 years ago, he used to talk a lot less and was far easier to fluster.
    Dynamic: The dynamic between Xilthruum and other characters is almost entirely strict business, philosophical friendship, unrewarding getaways, and manipulative dominance. It's highly unlikely that he would find love beyond the Cataclysm and long-lost family is impossible beyond 200 years ago, but most other things are possible. Xilthruum best works with evil characters, neutral characters who need help, and good characters who need some moral confusion in their lives.

• Winner Winner x 2
  40. BeetrootSalad

BeetrootSalad the gremlin Supremium

IGN: BeetrootSalad
    Character: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/erwin-braunschweig.79473/#post-937218
    Brief Description: New Regalian field officer/soldier moves to Regalia to pursue a career as a House guard. However, he’s really bad at maintaining the typical masculine, military-oriented Calemberg/Waldmark stereotype and spends most of his time socially tiptoeing around to try and avoid pissing everybody off.
    Wars He’s Fought In:
    - 2nd Songaskian War
    - Hadarian War
    - Northern Rebellions (the one with the Burning, though he only garrisoned and never faced direct conflict in that one)
    - Dread Wars
    Dynamic: Jam it the fuck off.

#40 BeetrootSalad, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020