Inflammatory Rhetoric

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Mad_Gadfly, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

Esteemed denizens of the Crown Isle.

I would like to correct the record regarding a few accusations that have been laid before my wife's birth family. Firstly, I respectfully inform the Lord Chancellor that there is no such person as Antonio Playero. To the best of my knowledge, this individual acted independently from the family and we should be cautious not to assume that every person acting in accordance with House Playero's conception of Daendroque ideals is themselves a Playero. Many have tried to attribute the crimes of others to House Playero in order to make the House seem even worse in legal standing than they would otherwise be. Over the last week, at least three slanderous publications have been reproduced with the sole purpose of creating a legal and political image so inflammatory that House Playero as a whole would be found guilty by default; even in spite of the law as it is written, evidence, and truth.

Furthermore, I understand my own reputation in connection to the law. My past mercenary work and continued status as a Monzon Knight may have been the cause of this, not to mention my and my wife's family histories. Nevertheless, it is a core part of our code to not lie. Others, such as those within the Ivory Company, have peddled rumor after rumor against my character in order to depict me as a liar. Though, if these accusations had been true, they would have been investigated by the Lord Chancellor. Of course, this is simply a continuation of the culture of discrimination against Daendroque people that continues to this day. It was discrimination that resulted in the Regalian military's abandonment of Daenshore so that our people could be raided by foreign powers, and it is this memory that has made the Daendroque people so willing to take it upon themselves to defend their livelihoods.

With the detail in mind that I cannot lie by Knightly Code, I will say that there was never any theft of Noble House Mac Conall funds. These funds were willingly transferred to House Playero. Furthermore, these funds were transferred to House Playero even after Noble House Mac Conall became aware of what they would be used for. As you know from the Noble House Mac Conall's campaign for the Chancellery, they advocated in favor of war with the Second Allorn Empire. Even further, Eloi Playero is not a Jacobin. He has denounced this ideology before, both in private and in public. These accusations by Noble House Delmotte are erroneous and further the aforementioned political purpose of inflammation due to leftover family rivalries from the last Delmotte Chancellery. Though Noble House Delmotte has solicited the aid of House Playero in the past due to their reputation as capable criminals, in tit-for-tat arrangements that continued long after the release of the Playero Files, I do not believe that there is any moral or spiritual malice on the part of Noble House Delmotte. After all, Imperial Culture has always been hostile towards Daendroque culture. After all, Daendroque culture has often been generalized as inherently Jacobin by those who hold discriminatory views towards our community.

Indeed, the state of the nation is fragile with the many recent wars that have been fought. Perhaps House Playero blundered and provoked a war with the Second Allorn Empire. However, this was inevitable. As I understand it, the Second Allorn Empire never recognized the Regalian Empire as legitimate. It was only a matter of time before they made an effort to reclaim their old lands. You should consider what you would do if your historical oppressor were standing at your border before you judge the reaction of the people of Daenshore.

Eloi Playero may have spoken in favor of war, as others have done in their bid for the Chancellery, but this type of speech is not a crime; and it was the Daendroque people themselves who took up the burden of defending their land (and this Empire) from an imminent threat.

We should be supporting them.

Forward, together.

Florence Amaya

• Powerful Powerful x 4
  2. notjayp

notjayp aye

A simple message is pinned underneath the public notice.

We didn't protect you before, and we won't protect you now. Don't come into my walls. You're just as bad as those you accuse, and it's quite frankly hilarious to see you try and say otherwise. I'll string you up on my tower and watch the denizens of Crookback treat you like those you killed in Daenshore.

Alban Koning,
    Knight of Bloodcast,
    Commander of the Crookback Militia,
    and your worst nightmare.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  3. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

Another note

To the Bloodcast Knight:

Perhaps you would entertain a duel.

Respectfully,

- F

• Powerful Powerful x 5
  4. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

If you desire a duel Playero or Amaya because at this point your basically synonymous. I am a Dressolini whose grown to disgusted with the actions of both the aforementioned families. While my skill is in archery even drawing a drop of blood to recompense all the murder your clans committee is enough. I am Asha and while altalar have commit untold sins and are rightly opposed by Ashakind your actions as supposed knights are abhorrent. The supposed Mozmon honor for money is absent entirely in your blood baths.

I challenge any Amaya or Playero, knightly status or not to a duel (should they have any courage left to take it). For someone must try to see your supposedly knightly honor cast down to Hel.

With anticipation,

Bernedetta De Lampeport
    Knight of the Bloodcast Order.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  5. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

(Apologies for the grammar mistakes can’t edit Replies ;w;)

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  6. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

Yet another note:

To the Bloodcast Knight.

Duels are only allowed between knights. I also remind you and all others reading this that I was personally not involved in any of House Playero's actions in Daenshore. Do not falsely accuse me of spilling blood. We are not even in the same family.

Nevertheless, should you still wish to participate in a duel, then I shall accept your challenge.

- F
    (@FireFan96 tag due to Knight System)

7. Mortisian

Mortisian The Flesh is Weak, the Machine is Strong

In response to Bernedetta De Lampeport,

You've got the spirit! I am rooting for you.

Signed,
    Deo dei Termini

8. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

Wether I call a fight a spar or a duel makes no difference. I shall challenge every non-knight to a simple spar and every knight to a duel for technicality sake.

I accept

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. NebulaePrimo

NebulaePrimo The Everwatcher :powerful:

To the Florence Amaya,

It is not often I find myself compelled to respond to the foolishness that continues to find its way onto the notice boards in our Crown Isle, but I did find that my day was getting rather dull and this will be just the thing to cheer me up.

First of all, I find it quite curious that you feel the need to defend your wife’s family rather than letting them defend themselves. Although perhaps Eloi Playero and the other guilty members of his family are too busy hiding to write a letter explaining why they thought it was okay to break multiple Capital Laws.

Next, you make the claim that “over the last week, at least three slanderous publications have been reproduced.” This is wrong. Slander is spoken, libel is written. But enough semantics. You seem so utterly convinced that the poor non-criminal members of House Playero (if such exist) are being vilified by others. However, Xabi Playero has already issued a letter on behalf of these family members that condemned Eloi Playero and said they’d banish him from the house if he did anything else wrong. Hmmm… Xabi Playero, that name sounds familiar. Oh wait, he was one of the ones Eloi Playero lead in the murder of several Altalar families. So much for distancing the family from Eloi Playero’s illegal acts.

Your crybaby accusations that you are being oppressed for being Daen are rather tired at this point. You’re not trustworthy because you’ve committed crimes, namely being a Jacobin. And while the irony of a group of people claiming they’re oppressed because they’re Daen deciding to kill a bunch of Altalar simply because they’re Altalar is probably lost on you, it is not lost on me.

If anything, you and the Playeros are quite effective at breaking the stereotypes about Daens being good at crime are true… since you are quite possibly the worst criminals I’ve ever seen.

You then claim that perhaps House Playero’s actions were justified because “well war is inevitable.” This flawed logic makes me wish that you had spent all the money you throw at writing all these notices over the years into getting a decent education. Indeed, war is inevitable… if the people in charge of diplomacy think it is. When we believe something to be true, we interpret the actions of others to fit this narrative. What might be a neutral act comes across as aggressive to those who are expecting to see aggressive actions. You are correct in that speaking of war is not a crime… but to provoke one through the murder of innocents is.

Now, to conclude. The guilty Playeros should be the good citizens you claim they are and turn themselves in and you should find another hobby other than posting notices anytime something happens that you don’t like.

Best,
    -Claire d’Agennes

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. HeyItzAPotato

HeyItzAPotato rip me out the plastic Premium

A note would be posted under this, hopefully visible to those who wish to read.

“The intention was never to have the Altalar slaughtered. The uprising that was provoked was not under my brother or my cousin’s control. I hope you realize that.

Also, we would be defending ourselves- if anyone even began to take what we said seriously. We are not cowards. We know there is a point to stop defending when whatever we say is taken as a joke and thrown into the trash.

My sister and I, as well as a few other members of my family had no say in this. Though with the current circumstances in this situation, we risk being attacked by the men and women that have sworn to protect this city for doing absolutely nothing. If you understood what the other members of this family have been put through, I feel that you would be able to at least feel a bit of sympathy for my family, and refrain from calling the members of it foolish.

- Mari”

• Powerful Powerful x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1