Archived Increased Inter-faction Ranks

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Shruub

Co-Founder of some empire somewhere...
Reaction score
Faction
Azkarath
My current faction consists of @Terrariauk, @Sadie and myself (plus a few alts). Terr and I founded our Empire together and we co-lead this faction with Sadie. It got me thinking that the current rank system is wonderful, but having 4 ranks, with the potential for only 1 leader is slightly outdated.

We saw a lot of factions being co-founded with players chipping in money to form a faction (before the cost was lowered to 100r). Obviously the idea of an increased prevalence of leaders is open to abuse - whereby 10 players are all leaders of a faction; but having a maximum of 3 leaders per faction would suit most people. Also, being able to have another tier of rank within a faction increases a player's drive to succeed within their faction. For example, having a lower ranked member and a higher ranking member to form something like this:

Leader (Max 3 players)
Officers
High Member (Insert good name here)
Recruit

Whadd'ya think? Love some feedback and discussion on this. <3

EDIT: After discussion on here, I would like to also suggest a new way of setting up a faction. Choosing between Dictatorship (current rank layout), Democracy (1 leader, 3-10 high ranking officers, 10+ officers, members, recruits) or Communist (1 leader, members, recruits). Just to throw that idea into the mix?
Possibly a command that does something like /f type, and it displays the list of different types of predefined layouts, and then doing /f type (type) would display additional information. Would typically be used before you made a faction. If you tried to do /f create (name), it would prompt you to choose a type, tell you to type /f type, and then you would do /f create (type) (name)

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
What would 'High-Member' get? Special perms? And three leaders! How would anything get organized? One leader would just usurp the others decisions and take control. Plus, there's no real need for more ranks. You can give people /f titles and you can give select people perms for the whole faction or set areas. As a faction leader, I really like the way we have the current system, and, though it could use minor tweaks, it isn't in need of more rankings. -1 to this idea.

The point of having more leaders if because some factions have "multiple leaders" in a way. Currently the only way of having multple leaders is for one to be the main leader and the rest are officers. With this suggestion, you can have a group of leaders in one faction share the same permissions as a normal leader would have. I actually like this idea. Agreed.

Maybe have different faction builds by selecting the type of leadership. This way you can possibly work a democracy/communist nation that actually is automated. That way you could have a council and let there be multiple leaders.

Maybe have different faction builds by selecting the type of leadership. This way you can possibly work a democracy/communist nation that actually is automated. That way you could have a council and let there be multiple leaders.
Actually I love this. When a faction is set up, you can choose dictatorship, communist, democracy etc. That would enable different faction leadership structures.

The point of having more leaders if because some factions have "multiple leaders" in a way. Currently the only way of having multple leaders is for one to be the main leader and the rest are officers. With this suggestion, you can have a group of leaders in one faction share the same permissions as a normal leader would have. I actually like this idea. Agreed.

It might just be the way you would like to have your faction set up. So, I actually think that instead of what I said before, we could implement this into the faction system, but have a way to opt out of it, so that facs can set themselves up the way they want to. +1 support (with some minor suggestions) (IGNORE my previous post)

Maybe a faction could have infinite ranks? The leader could type something like "/f rank add ______" and create their own ranks. The rank would be added to /f perms to allow customization. This could lead to more faction efficiency. The ranks wouldn't even need to be tiered necessarily. One could have parallel ranks for different jobs, like a "peasant" that has perms allowing farming and building, and "Guard" that has access to levers for gates. The possibilities would be endless.

Maybe a faction could have infinite ranks? The leader could type something like "/f rank add ______" and create their own ranks. The rank would be added to /f perms to allow customization. This could lead to more faction efficiency. The ranks wouldn't even need to be tiered necessarily. One could have parallel ranks for different jobs, like a "peasant" that has perms allowing farming and building, and "Guard" that has access to levers for gates. The possibilities would be endless.
This sounds familiar to /f title... Your suggestion might be a LITTLE more convenient but they are essentially the same thing.... That being said I love this idea.... +1 support :D

Can totally relate to the leader thing. And one or two more ranks would certainly be nice. Love it!

Added edit at top: EDIT: After discussion on here, I would like to also suggest a new way of setting up a faction. Choosing between Dictatorship (current rank layout), Democracy (1 leader, 3-10 high ranking officers, 10+ officers, members, recruits) or Communist (1 leader, members, recruits). Just to throw that idea into the mix?

The problem with this is it would take a lot of time to code. Whilst I love the idea, truly love it, there is so much already going on behind the scenes that implementing a fully working version of this would take time and effort. Seriously though, it's a fantastic idea until you get 1 player who has 1,000+ ranks...

Added edit at top: EDIT: After discussion on here, I would like to also suggest a new way of setting up a faction. Choosing between Dictatorship (current rank layout), Democracy (1 leader, 3-10 high ranking officers, 10+ officers, members, recruits) or Communist (1 leader, members, recruits). Just to throw that idea into the mix?
I really like this idea. Possibly a commands that does something like /f type, and it displays the list of different types of predefined layouts, and then doing /f type (type) would display additional information. Would typically be used before you made a faction. If you tried to do /f create (name), it would prompt you to choose a type, tell you to type /f type, and then you would do /f create (type) (name)

My current faction consists of @Terrariauk, @Sadie and myself (plus a few alts). Terr and I founded our Empire together and we co-lead this faction with Sadie. It got me thinking that the current rank system is wonderful, but having 4 ranks, with the potential for only 1 leader is slightly outdated.

We saw a lot of factions being co-founded with players chipping in money to form a faction (before the cost was lowered to 100r). Obviously the idea of an increased prevalence of leaders is open to abuse - whereby 10 players are all leaders of a faction; but having a maximum of 3 leaders per faction would suit most people. Also, being able to have another tier of rank within a faction increases a player's drive to succeed within their faction. For example, having a lower ranked member and a higher ranking member to form something like this:

Leader (Max 3 players)
Officers
High Member (Insert good name here)
Recruit

Whadd'ya think? Love some feedback and discussion on this. <3

EDIT: After discussion on here, I would like to also suggest a new way of setting up a faction. Choosing between Dictatorship (current rank layout), Democracy (1 leader, 3-10 high ranking officers, 10+ officers, members, recruits) or Communist (1 leader, members, recruits). Just to throw that idea into the mix?
I whould like to add co leader

I, myself, own a faction that has 2 'leaders'. In reality, it's just me and an officer with another * before their name. This'd be useful.

I really like this idea. Possibly a commands that does something like /f type, and it displays the list of different types of predefined layouts, and then doing /f type (type) would display additional information. Would typically be used before you made a faction. If you tried to do /f create (name), it would prompt you to choose a type, tell you to type /f type, and then you would do /f create (type) (name)
Can we just. This is what I was trying to say after @wafflecash's feedback. Alj, thank you for putting it in proper words, not Shruub gibberish <3

But first! I want some kind of coalition/empire plugin :) xD. I am waiting