Under Review Increase The Time Of Day

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by RememberTheGame, May 5, 2016.

1. RememberTheGame

RememberTheGame The Local Chav

So, this is a rather simple one which I raised after mentioning that an entire day on Minecraft is 144 ig days, that's fucking astonishing. Especially when you take into account that curing is 3 OOC days, that's more than a year. Now, this could inflict some problems but I believe this could stop.. Well, this problem. Of people like me who decide to do maths when they have too much to drink and have nothing to do.

So, like. Is there some sort of Plugin that's available or could be made by the brilliant coding team MassiveCraft possess that could stretch out the day because it's depressing to see a roleplay session last more than two days. I'm sorry, I'm one of those immersive people, even though the game is a series of blocks and a green mother fucker blowing up all the time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

You do understand that the roleplay universe doesnt exist within a minecraft universe right? Therefore you cant compare the two.

Secondly its not clear to me what you are wanting.

If you want it to be daylight longer use /ptime.

But if thats not what you are wanting a bit of clairification would bebe nice

3. ChensSpaghetti

ChensSpaghetti Space Cowboy

The Minecraft day system is only used for guard jailing systems, Astldar. Time is fluid in the roleplay world.

4. RememberTheGame

Disregard this, I wasn't thinking straight. An idea that I must of picked up from the Vigilant Chat after complaining about the same problem.
    Sorry and thank you in Advance.

5. Madus

Madus Robot

I'd actually like to know, what you'd think about longer days.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

Personally, I'd like to have the default minecarft days last a bit longer. Maybe about an hour of daytime followed by an hour of nighttime?

Yes, you could use ptime to change the day to your liking, but half the time most people view the time of day different. declaring a time is fine in RP, but I think just the idea of having a little more daytime would be nice.

The only problem I could see is my suggested durations take the same amount of time as the Eclipse event. So I guess just to fix that, make the Eclipse longer? like 2 hours.

7. Zacatero

I think that should be good, but only for either the world of regalia or S1 whichever can have different settings from the survival worlds. These times would make no sense in survival worlds so this idea really makes more sense if it can only happen in regalia

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  8. shinbun

shinbun The Tickler

Isn't massive day night cycle on a 30min loop? so 15min day 15 min night. So arent days and nights already longer?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss

cough necro cough xP

10. RememberTheGame

That is completely true. xD I thought these get removed after a time period but still. Necro.

11. Zacatero

..barely a month but okay

12. FireFan96

But this is still relevant isn't it? I don't know if everyone is still interested in this or not, but I still like the idea.

Imma say save this thread, since it is a relative thread, despite being on the back burner :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. RememberTheGame

Eh, the idea was stupid and fueled by alcohol. Literally, if you see something like this from me; its safe to assume alcohol was involved. Hell, if you see anything from me, alcohol is probably involved.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Parz1vol

Parz1vol Chicken

Still, not a bad idea. Extension of day/night is great. I personally would like to see a 4 or 2 hour cycle split in half. 1/2 day, 1/2 night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Conflee

Conflee Me an the bois at 3 am lookin for BEANS!

The issue with longer day or night is that Vampires are basically stuck to moving at night. Any vamp characters will be unable to participate in at least 50% of the RP (that which happens on the surface) and if they get distracted and miss their window of time they might be waiting for hours to go above ground.

As long as it isn't extended by too much (Maybe 30 mins day 30 min night, or 40 min day 40 min night) it could be really cool. Weather might also need to be changed so its less random and makes more sense as a random side note / after thought.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Typhenon

Typhenon Professional Potion Bouncer

This isn't RP related but it would be nice to see longer days and shorter nights, too many times during PvP, massivemobs gotten in the way because its night time. It'd also be nice if they could reduce the amount or length of rain (because harmwater) kinda super annoying when its raining during PvP.

17. FireFan96

Vampires don't die in Regalia. I want to say god mode is on or something, because it is impossible to die in Regalia (I've swam in lave, jumped in flames, attempted drowning, jumped off of the balloon, etc.)

Also, just my IC reasoning, but vampires chose to stay infected and live in the sewers. Any vampire that walks their smelly butt to the sewer needs to be caught and taken in on sight.

But for the sake of the thread not being derailed by yours truly, Daylight doesn't kill vampires in Regalia, where the proposed daylight extensions are being considered the most. So there wouldn't be any problems except that the nights are longer, which IC can make some people in bad situations.

18. Conflee

For me an a lot of people though there is a worse reason to not go out in the sunlight: Lag. Massivecraft is, well, MASSIVE, and part of that is that in Regalia at least a lot of people will only be getting 10-20 FPS max. If you suddenly have a ton of particles and the nausea effect on, that can crash you.

And even beyond RP, whenever I tp to a Factions world, NONE of the warps are in shade, so TP Lag + Sunlight = I freeze for about 20 seconds and when I finally can move I have 0 hunger and half health.

19. Parz1vol

Parz1vol Chicken

Well, the vampire plugin is only useful if you're a PvPer. You shouldn't even have it if you're a RPer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Conflee

A lot of players roleplay as vampires and have themselves infected. That way they can actually feed etc, and people can tell they are vampires because they are smoking in light etc.

21. Parz1vol

Parz1vol Chicken

It's just easier to emote that crap IMO. I liked it better w/o the vampire plugin, because hoody vamps think you need it to rp as a vampire.

• Agree Agree x 1